In this Discussion

Dentist

Comments

• I actually don't really mind going in for my dentist appointment, I just hate the awkward position I'm put in. (ha...pun!) I hate all the small talk...half the time I'm either really sleepy or really hungry so I don't really feel like talking, and most of the other time I just givesome unintelligible response (because I'm getting work done on my back teeth or something). Plus, I never know where to look when I'm sitting in the dentist's chair because if I look straight up I feel like I'm staring at my dentist's face for awkwardly long periods of time. I remember when I was little I always avoided staring at my dentist's liver spots because they looked like a Gremlin (sort of) and for the longest time I thought he had gotten a tattoo or something. So yeah...now I just stare at the ceiling.

Actually, my new dentist just got an MC Escher poster so that's pretty awesome. Except I found that when your face is full of anesthesia it seems even more disorienting so I still ended up just focusing on a speck in the ceiling tile for the duration of the appointment. haha

And...an entire thread devoted to dentistry?
    Awesome.
  • So guess what, I talked to the Kulash and Nordwind about dentistry. Staring up into the Kulash's mouth and making Nordwind lick his own teeth while they both think about how many fillings they each have is truly hillarious.
  • HAHAHAHAHA, that was the best thing I've heard today so far. I love how you called them the Kulash and the Nordwind.

It's so funny you made them feel self-conscious about their teeth, especially Damian. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Jan 9 2007, 08:36 PM)
    HAHAHAHAHA, that was the best thing I've heard today so far. I love how you called them the Kulash and the Nordwind.

It's so funny you made them feel self-conscious about their teeth, especially Damian. laugh.gif

what's up with Damian's teeth?
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 5 2007, 12:53 AM)
    No way. Chicks totally dig dentists. You know, the lifestyle.
    Yeah... you know what I mean.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist) rolleyes.gif

well, I have to admit that for me, going to the dentist isn't that bad cause my dentist is kinda cute (I feel like a little girl every thime I think about it). Besides the pain, it's always good to go there because he was always trying to convince me to be a dentist biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Jan 9 2007, 01:36 PM)
    HAHAHAHAHA, that was the best thing I've heard today so far. I love how you called them the Kulash and the Nordwind.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Yeah, it was awesome. I couldn't believe I was doing it. I'm nuts.
    Damian got into a whole debate w/ me about whether white fillings were poisonous. I told him they weren't. And then he said to everybody else, "Don't listen to her, she's just a student."
  • more dentists should use humour.

I thought of this and so wished I was a dentist so i could use it.

*During an extraction*
    dentist: I need to tell you some thing, do you want the truth?
    patient: yes.
    dentist: *Stands up and shouts* YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TOOTH!

darn! If only I were a dentist. And If only I didn't find such random stupidity funny.
  • Wow, Tempe! Improving OK Go's oral hygiene is awesome!
  • anyone wanna take x-rays for me?
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jan 9 2007, 04:11 PM)
    darn! If only I were a dentist. And If only I didn't find such random stupidity funny.

I shall make you an honorary dentist. That way we can go around together making these jokes and no one can stop us!!! (When the news came to my school, I shouted at the camera man "Stop the Presses!!!" I've always thought that was hillarious ever since Gonzo did it on one of the muppet movies)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 9 2007, 12:58 AM)
    *Can't talk. I'm dead* x_x

Oh, of course I wouldn't kill you. I'd pick carefully for the dentists that has caused me most fear, preferably my own.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jan 9 2007, 05:51 PM)
    Oh, of course I wouldn't kill you. I'd pick carefully for the dentists that has caused me most fear, preferably my own.

Oh yeah, there are a lot of a-holes who ruin the profession. Those a-holes seem to rule the profession even though they're in the minority, which is why so many people fear the dentist. One bad dentist can destroy the world. Ooo, can I help you on your quest to kill all evil dentists?!
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jan 9 2007, 05:00 PM)
    what's up with Damian's teeth?

Absolutely nothing. I think that he has beautiful teeth. But he's so confident and stuff, it's like Tempe took his defense down. I think it's funny.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Jan 10 2007, 03:49 AM)
    Absolutely nothing. I think that he has beautiful teeth. But he's so confident and stuff, it's like Tempe took his defense down. I think it's funny.

LOL
    poor Damian, Tempe has just destroyed his dreams of poisoned wite fillings. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 9 2007, 06:58 PM)
    Oh yeah, there are a lot of a-holes who ruin the profession. Those a-holes seem to rule the profession even though they're in the minority, which is why so many people fear the dentist. One bad dentist can destroy the world. Ooo, can I help you on your quest to kill all evil dentists?!

Sure, let's tie 'em up with their own specialized floss!
  • One of my good friends in my class is heavily pregnant. She's due in a week. She's becoming the butt of the teacher's jokes. Today they told here. "Here at this school, we do root canals and birth canals!"
  • I used to hate my dentist too. But then I finally went and it wasn't that bad.
    I think the worst part was when James Blunt came on the radio.
    There is nothing worse that when you are laid back in an uncomfortable position, with someone hanging over you, scrapping at your teeth, and then suddenly, creepy James Blunt comes on the radio with his awful voice seeings "You're beautiful...you're beautiful, it's true." and you can't cover your ears, you can't scream, you can't run away...

sad.gif
  • Yes there are horrible lame dentists. But try sitting on the other side of the chair. There are A LOT of asshole patients, especially old people. (Sorry, Tempe had a bad day and just had to vent)
  • SHE'S ANTI-DENTI!!!
  • QUOTE (My new song)
    Yo, it's true,
    My tongue is turning blue,
    The walk to the shoe
    Is what I want to do,

But how will I ever
    Get around the clock?
    I'm too far from China
    But I guess that I could walk

'round the corner,
    'round the corner,
    'round the corner,
    'round the block,
    Maybe I should go and warn her
    But you know, she can't talk,

She's a table.

And inanimate object.

The most you'll get from that is something to the effect of:

"Hey, I'm a table,
    Cover me with pies!
    Your sailing life is over, man,
    Why don't you just die?
    You don't have to go out,
    Just like all the rest-
    Just walk around in circles,
    Which is the hardest test,"

In your life, (in your life)
    In your life, before you die,
    Make sure you have the knife from the infinitive guy.

What a loser,
    What a moron,
    Nautae, nautae, nautae,*
    I won't be the one to have it on the fly,

Oh my
    God
    This computer's filled with
    Sod
    What a little
    Cod
    He should be out
    Law'd

By the council (yo, what?)
    By the council (what, yo!)
    By the council of the elders, man, it's just gotta go
    To the council!

Oh, God, my!
    We're all gonna die!
    Come on, don't be shy!
    At least give it a try!

Because, if we can't make it to our burning tree fort,
    It's a sport
    Just abort
    This mission is too short
    For the books

It's only half a page
    To any inbred pile of rocks, that's an outrage!

Let's go to get some jelly!
    Do you think we'll get seated?
    Yeah, at the local deli they don't like to be repeated!

What about a football game?
    Right now, are you insane? No way!
    Why not?
    Did you not hear about my rusty chain?

Rusty chain! Rusty chain!
    Rusty chain! Insane in the membrane!
    Rusty chain! (It's from spain!)
    It's middle name is Blain,
    From down the lane!

Down the lane, what?
    That's not a real place!
    You bet it is, like the nose on your face!

*break*

Ladies and gentlemen, your attention, please!
    I've got the guy, that will buckle your knees!
    It's interrupting joe! All he says is 'yo!',
    Welcome to the show, last minute, I know.

So, what made you wanna-"YO!"
    I know you love-"YO!"
    When did you first-"YO!"-with the-"YO!"-on the-"YO!"
    Now, cut that out, man, you know that's not cool,
    Interrupiting people need to go back to "YO!"

That's it, man, you're messing up my rhymes,
    Can't take it any longer, I'm moving with the times!
    Get out! Go home! (man) You know, you should just leave!
    Couldn't hate you any more, even if you had a feav-...

Er.

Break it down!!!

That wasn't even to the beat, what the *Beep*?
    Oh, well, let's keep it.

Devastation of a nation
    While I'm taking my vacation
    It's all automation
    They'll take you past the station
    Feed you rations
    Do my patients
    Exaggeration
    Hatian asians
    For the duration
    Of the night
    We'll put the fight
    To parrrrrrty!

M.C. JoeBob, in the house!
    Wouldn't you like to eat a mouse?
    That's right, you like that little guy, he's really tasty, isn't he?
    Come on?
    It's true!
    You know it!
    Damn straight!

(That was so perfect, oh my God...)

Download 'Mangy Kitten Rap' here!

*(Nautae, means "sailor" in Latin).