In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 9 2007, 04:32 PM)
    Surprisingly, I had a nest of spiders in my room for the rest of the summer, which I always blamed on her. Whenever I'd get mad about them, she told me I wasn't allowed to be mad because they were our children.

that is too funny! biggrin.gif damian has spider babies.. haha
  • oh man that makes sooo much more sense now! thanks so much mixtape!
    cool.gif
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 28 2006, 08:36 PM)
    I was just wondering if anyone knows where one would send letters and things. I have a long Thank You/letter I want to send to Dan, as well as a few other things, and I'm not sure where they should ship off to and whether or not they would actually get to who they are supposed to. I know that here-
    http://www.okgo.net/aboutokgo_contact.asp
    is an address and it says "send us cool stuff!" but that's in New York, and I dunno. Has anyone ever tried shipping something there? Have you ever heard anything about it?

I'm glad you asked this question....only cuz I want to know the answer too!

Hope somebody knows *waits patiently*............. huh.gif mellow.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 9 2007, 04:32 PM)
    And you were right!

LH: Explain “Hello My Treacherous Friend.”

DK: That’s probably the oldest song on the record; it was written several years ago. I was living in Portland and it was about two friends of mine who had screwed me in really annoying ways…that, mixed with that weird, sort of surreal excitement that you get when you move to a new city and don’t really know anything about it. The smallest things take on this unrealistic significance. Walking around downtown, some particular restaurant or—in Portland, there’s these really gigantic rose bushes that have roses the size of softballs—just the strange significance of these otherwise meaningless things because I was sort of resituating myself. The whole spiders thing is about how my girlfriend had found a spider in my house and refused to kill it. She later claimed, “I told it to leave and it just didn’t.” Surprisingly, I had a nest of spiders in my room for the rest of the summer, which I always blamed on her. Whenever I’d get mad about them, she told me I wasn’t allowed to be mad because they were our children.

That makes me SO happy! I live in Portland... (he doesn't lie about the roses, btw)
    Funnnn.... I have something in common with the Kulash.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 28 2006, 10:36 PM)
    I was just wondering if anyone knows where one would send letters and things. I have a long Thank You/letter I want to send to Dan, as well as a few other things, and I'm not sure where they should ship off to and whether or not they would actually get to who they are supposed to. I know that here-
    is an address and it says "send us cool stuff!" but that's in New York, and I dunno. Has anyone ever tried shipping something there? Have you ever heard anything about it?
    Yes, that address is what you'd use.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 28 2006, 11:36 PM)

That address in New York is the right one. It's the box that goes to Milosh and Pete at the place where they work (merch and such). If you've ever received merch, it has that as a return address. There actually is an address that goes directly to that building, but I don't have it on me at the moment, plus, there's probably a good reason that it's not posted. All I remember is that it's less than a mile away from the house my mom grew up in, and it has a view of downtown Nyack, NY.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jan 10 2007, 07:02 PM)
    That address in New York is the right one. It's the box that goes to Milosh and Pete at the place where they work (merch and such). If you've ever received merch, it has that as a return address. There actually is an address that goes directly to that building, but I don't have it on me at the moment, plus, there's probably a good reason that it's not posted. All I remember is that it's less than a mile away from the house my mom grew up in, and it has a view of downtown Nyack, NY.

Oh my. I am so close! Just across the river! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 10 2007, 08:40 PM)
    Oh my. I am so close! Just across the river! laugh.gif

And that is why the actual address is kept secret as it is so close to the largest city in the US of A.
  • I have a question. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore runs Ok Go's myspace, right?
    Because at the last concert I went to, my friends and I met this guy who is my friend's sister's friend's camp counselor, and he said that his brother ran their myspace.
    So... did I actually speak with Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore's brother? IS MY FRIEND'S SISTER'S FRIEND'S CAMP COUNSELOR'S BROTHER REALLY Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore?!?!
  • It may be Milosh (Mike Clark) that's the brother; they both do the band MySpace.
  • Yeah, Milosh runs the myspace. He's a real sweet guy, he used to respond to my comments, but now he's far too busy. A lot of people think Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore runs the space because all of the bulletins and blogs are signed by him, but if you notice, they're all cut and pasted from the actual OK Go blog.
  • Hi, all.
    I've been here for a while, but I haven't posted very much. I really wanna thank you for this thread- there are real treasures here! I always, always wondered about the meanings of some of the songs and now I know, thx to the awesome ppl who posted them!
    And! Those old pics of Tim and Damian are sooo great!
    Aaand, above all- that naked-ish pic is priceless!
    Thanks a billion to everyone!

I'd like to ask 1 question though, and I'm sorry if it's an annoying one. But Damian mentions fan-mail in interviews that I've seen, and though I've searched all through the site and forum, I can't find an email address.
    I don't mean his private one- I'm just wondering if he has one just for fan-mail. If not, how did the fans send him the mail he mentions in the interviews? For example, I remember him saying he got fan mail from ppl even in countries where the album wasn't released. It's just that if it's possible to send him fan-mail, I'd really like to. I just wanna tell him how much his songs have really inspired me, and how incredible his vocal range is, and how deeply poignant his lyrics are. I know there's that contact address for Milolsh and Pete that HelloLover86 explained, but I'd really like to send something to a fan-mail address of Damian.

Thanks,
    Sally
  • hey im new to the boards and i was just ondering why you cant type u*tilize with out it changing (or so ive heard)
  • That's because there's a filter. smile.gif A lot of words have filters on them. There's a list somewhere, I think. I know that Jorge turns into Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Damien turns into Damian, utilize turn into use... those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

I don't have an answer to the email question. Sorry unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 12 2007, 01:15 AM)

WHA?! Naked-ish?! blink.gif
    .... who wants to give me the link?? wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Jan 12 2007, 06:19 PM)
    That's because there's a filter. smile.gif A lot of words have filters on them. There's a list somewhere, I think. I know that Jorge turns into Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Damien turns into Damian, utilize turn into use... those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

I don't have an answer to the email question. Sorry unsure.gif

Typing A ndy Ross turns into Rusty Ross also.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 12 2007, 02:15 AM)
    Hi, all.
    I've been here for a while, but I haven't posted very much. I really wanna thank you for this thread- there are real treasures here! I always, always wondered about the meanings of some of the songs and now I know, thx to the awesome ppl who posted them!
    Thanks a billion to everyone!

I'd like to ask 1 question though, and I'm sorry if it's an annoying one. But Damian mentions fan-mail in interviews that I've seen, and though I've searched all through the site and forum, I can't find an email address.
    I don't mean his private one- I'm just wondering if he has one just for fan-mail. If not, how did the fans send him the mail he mentions in the interviews? For example, I remember him saying he got fan mail from ppl even in countries where the album wasn't released. It's just that if it's possible to send him fan-mail, I'd really like to. I just wanna tell him how much his songs have really inspired me, and how incredible his vocal range is, and how deeply poignant his lyrics are. I know there's that contact address for Milolsh and Pete that HelloLover86 explained, but I'd really like to send something to a fan-mail address of Damian.

Thanks,
    Sally

The guys used to have their email addresses that tied in with okgo.net, but I don't think they check them anymore. Your best bet is to write a letter to the Nyack addy and express to Milosh and Pete that you want Damian to see it, and they may hang onto it for him. Of course, you could always just give it to him at a show and let him know in person how much you appreciate him.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 12 2007, 06:42 PM)

blink.gif

...... that's.... awesome...