In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• Oh dear no, not the nudey pic again! LOL You should see the threads: here and...uh...don't think there is another one, or I can't find it. Enjoy. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 12 2007, 07:11 PM)
    The guys used to have their email addresses that tied in with okgo.net, but I don't think they check them anymore. Your best bet is to write a letter to the Nyack addy and express to Milosh and Pete that you want Damian to see it, and they may hang onto it for him. Of course, you could always just give it to him at a show and let him know in person how much you appreciate him.

Thanks so much!!! I'll do that!!

And a show- I'd loooove to see Ok Go live, but I won't be 21 for 5 more months and every time they come to Boston (where I live) they always play at 21+ shows. Even worse, they always play at the Avalon club, which is down the street from where I live sad.gif (Sorry, I know I'm whining in an irritating way, and probly most of my posts have been about this) I have tried to stand outside the door and I have tried to talk my way through and I confess I've even been so bad as to ask my friends to help me find an ID (which they could not). I will now stop rambling.

But anyway, thanks a million for your suggestion- I will definitely write to Milosh and Pete! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 13 2007, 01:41 AM)
    blink.gif

...... that's.... awesome...

yep...I've also posted that picture on this topic before...
  • I have another question (you probably are getting tired of my questions and I'm sorry for that but I reaally reaally want to know the answers)
    Do the guys already have a permanent tour bus or are they still driving like they used to in the old days from time o time?
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jan 14 2007, 11:23 AM)
    I have another question (you probably are getting tired of my questions and I'm sorry for that but I reaally reaally want to know the answers)
    Do the guys already have a permanent tour bus or are they still driving like they used to in the old days from time o time?

I think they have a tour bus. I saw it parked outside the venue when I went to their concert. It's very pretty. I think it's called the Seabreeze, or the Breezy Sea or something like that.
  • really???
    oh lordy...I've never met the early van phase when they had to stop every 10 minutes for Tim to go pee...sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 13 2007, 04:02 PM)
    Thanks so much!!! I'll do that!!

And a show- I'd loooove to see Ok Go live, but I won't be 21 for 5 more months and every time they come to Boston (where I live) they always play at 21+ shows. Even worse, they always play at the Avalon club, which is down the street from where I live sad.gif (Sorry, I know I'm whining in an irritating way, and probly most of my posts have been about this) I have tried to stand outside the door and I have tried to talk my way through and I confess I've even been so bad as to ask my friends to help me find an ID (which they could not). I will now stop rambling.

But anyway, thanks a million for your suggestion- I will definitely write to Milosh and Pete! smile.gif

If you really feel inspired, you could always show up outside the venue a few hours before the show, since they're usually walking around outside about that time. And then they're usually outside signing autographs after the show too.

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jan 14 2007, 12:23 PM)
    I have another question (you probably are getting tired of my questions and I'm sorry for that but I reaally reaally want to know the answers)

It depends on what tour they're on. If they're headlining, they probably have a rental bus. If it's a smaller tour, they usually have their van. And I'm not sure if they've been using the purple OK Go van, or if that's for promotion by Capitol employees. On one tour I met them on, they had their Turn Key van, and 3 months later they had a big rental bus, so it all depends.
  • Well they definately had a van when they were at Irving Plaza, because my friends and I were... erm... hanging around by it. happy.gif It's how we intercepted Dan and Andy after the show. It was very strategic planning....
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 14 2007, 10:37 AM)
    I think they have a tour bus. I saw it parked outside the venue when I went to their concert. It's very pretty. I think it's called the Seabreeze, or the Breezy Sea or something like that.

It's Sea Breeze. I remember because I took a picture of it.

QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 14 2007, 10:54 AM)
    And I'm not sure if they've been using the purple OK Go van, or if that's for promotion by Capitol employees.

I'm pretty sure that's only for promotion. Usually Capitol has a van that is decorated with the band name and logo and follows the band around while on tour, but the people inside are interns passing out stuff.
  • I remember seeing an OK Go van in pictures before, but I could bwe wrong.
  • Hey, I'm new here. I'm jackie. I have a question. My friend and I were listening to the appendices in class. I was wondering who sang last december? I'm really not quite sure but I have a gut feeling it's tim. It would be a real help if you could answer my question. Thanks.
  • QUOTE (PerfectFrown @ Jan 24 2007, 05:11 PM)
    Hey, I'm new here. I'm jackie. I have a question. My friend and I were listening to the appendices in class. I was wondering who sang last december? I'm really not quite sure but I have a gut feeling it's tim. It would be a real help if you could answer my question. Thanks.

It's actually Damian's friend Timory - she is the one who he wrote Return and T's song about.
  • Haha, that's actually Damian's friend from university, Timory Hyde. "Return" and "T's Song" were written about her after she passed away.
  • Oh, I didn't know that. I was so completely off, but thank you very much for answering my question.
  • Oh, wow. I didn't know that was Timory. She has such a lovely voice.
  • What are the appendices?
    Does anyone know where I can hear T's Song?
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 25 2007, 04:22 AM)
    What are the appendices?
    Does anyone know where I can hear T's Song?

http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...ost&p=47756

You can hear "T's Song" either over on Sheri's website or you can download it from the songs account, okgosongs@gmail.com. Password is over in this thread.
  • This probably has been asked before, so please bear with me as I am yet another newbie. What is the backstory with the selection of Rusty Ross? How did they know of him/how did they choose him? They obviously picked a winner, but I'm curious about the selection process (a dance contest? ha ha). It'll be interesting to see how he will influence the sound of the new album.
  • QUOTE (destructovicky @ Jan 26 2007, 02:45 AM)
    What is the backstory with the selection of Rusty Ross? How did they know of him/how did they choose him? They obviously picked a winner, but I'm curious about the selection process (a dance contest? ha ha).

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/10/2601.cfm
    Wednesday October 26, 2005 @ 10:30 AM
    By: ChartAttack.com Staff

You just got a new guitarist/keyboardist, Rusty Ross — did he have to do a dance audition too, before you signed him on?

DK: We tried out 35 people for the job, and all but two or three of them were stellar guitar players, I'd say all but 10 of them were pretty good keyboard players. So that still left like 20-ish people who were completely fine players. But you know immediately, within the first five minutes of meeting someone, if this is somebody you think you could spend 10, 12 hours a day elbow-to-elbow with in the back of a station wagon. So I mean, that really was what cut people down, what cut it down to Andy and one other person. Nonetheless, we still went through the entire audition just to see if anybody would surprise us, and we played with people for about a half hour, and then we had a questionnaire for them, and the last question was, "Would you be willing to do a choreographed dance at the end of every show?"

TN: Most people thought we were kidding...

DK: Most people were like "Hahaha! It's been great meeting you guys!" And we were like, "Can you answer the fucking question?" [laughs] And one person just flat out said no — I think he thought it was a test, like we wanted somebody who was too cool for that. Like, if we had some mercenary who would do anything then we wouldn't take him, you know? So that guy was a little bit too cool for school, but there you go.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 26 2007, 05:13 AM)
    http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/10/2601.cfm
    Wednesday October 26, 2005 @ 10:30 AM
    By: ChartAttack.com Staff

You just got a new guitarist/keyboardist, Rusty Ross — did he have to do a dance audition too, before you signed him on?

DK: We tried out 35 people for the job, and all but two or three of them were stellar guitar players, I'd say all but 10 of them were pretty good keyboard players. So that still left like 20-ish people who were completely fine players. But you know immediately, within the first five minutes of meeting someone, if this is somebody you think you could spend 10, 12 hours a day elbow-to-elbow with in the back of a station wagon. So I mean, that really was what cut people down, what cut it down to Andy and one other person. Nonetheless, we still went through the entire audition just to see if anybody would surprise us, and we played with people for about a half hour, and then we had a questionnaire for them, and the last question was, "Would you be willing to do a choreographed dance at the end of every show?"

TN: Most people thought we were kidding...

DK: Most people were like "Hahaha! It's been great meeting you guys!" And we were like, "Can you answer the fucking question?" [laughs] And one person just flat out said no — I think he thought it was a test, like we wanted somebody who was too cool for that. Like, if we had some mercenary who would do anything then we wouldn't take him, you know? So that guy was a little bit too cool for school, but there you go.

Thanks for the info--I was just kidding about the dance contest part. I must say I'm quite impressed with everyone's helpfulness. I've been enjoying the Ok Go central site--especially hearing their choice of cover versions. Have they ever done a cover version of any Cheap Trick songs? It seems a natural. It'd be a blast to hear them do "He's a Whore" or "You're All Talk." Or even "Elo kiddies," for that matter.