In this Discussion

Indianapolis 6/19/07

edited November -1 in OK Go
Effing fantastic. Probably one of the best I have ever been to.

Suzanne (sureeyesawake) and I are exhausted right now and can't really comment much until more pictures are ready (plus I think she is a much better recapper than I), but I did manage to upload one before I go to bed:

We had Damian in the sun...

Comments

• That's an awesome shot. Take all the rest you need Jennifer, you're a good recapper too!
  • Sweet picture! Sorry if I am incredibly late in realizing this but I just noticed it, did Damian get a new guitar? Definitely looks like he has a new shirt though! wink.gif
  • LOVE the picture... can't wait to hear more!! smile.gif
  • Beautiful picture Jennifer!

QUOTE (oknat @ Jun 19 2007, 09:34 PM)
    did Damian get a new guitar?

I think he's always had that one, but he doesn't use it as often as the other one. At least, it looks familiar to me.
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Jun 19 2007, 11:34 PM)
    Sweet picture! Sorry if I am incredibly late in realizing this but I just noticed it, did Damian get a new guitar? Definitely looks like he has a new shirt though! wink.gif

That looks like the guitar he got for Andy for his birthday, actually. So maybe they..um..swapped for the show? mellow.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 20 2007, 02:06 AM)
    That looks like the guitar he got for Andy for his birthday, actually. So maybe they..um..swapped for the show? mellow.gif

I had the same thought.

Anyway, even if this reviewer doesn't do too well with the English, I agree with some of his sentiments:

http://rockitbomb.com/ok-go-and-the-fray-the-lawn/
  • Yay! So glad it was so great!!!

Awesome pic--you always get great jumping pics.

Can't wait to hear details!

That is a new guitar. I mean, it's possible it is an old one he didn't used to use often like Kalinda said, but he's using it all the time now anyway ... Didn't see the old standby or the red one once last week. It's not Andy's birthday guitar (Andy was playing it), but yeah, it's very similar.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jun 20 2007, 07:15 AM)
    Yay! So glad it was so great!!!

Awesome pic--you always get great jumping pics.

Can't wait to hear details!

That is a new guitar. I mean, it's possible it is an old one he didn't used to use often like Kalinda said, but he's using it all the time now anyway ... Didn't see the old standby or the red one once last week. It's not Andy's birthday guitar (Andy was playing it), but yeah, it's very similar.

Maybe they got matching guitars, so then they look even more like twins! ahahaha. laugh.gif

I only say that, because Andy's hair is looking a whole lot like Damian's, so I'm led to believe that Damian's been cutting it for him.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 20 2007, 09:53 AM)
    Maybe they got matching guitars, so then they look even more like twins! ahahaha. laugh.gif

I only say that, because Andy's hair is looking a whole lot like Damian's, so I'm led to believe that Damian's been cutting it for him.

Haha. I was thinking more like when you give someone a really awesome gift, but in the back of your mind you're thinking you wish you had bought that for yourself instead. Damian probably got jealous of Andy's sweet guitar and decided to get one for himself. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 20 2007, 09:53 AM)

so do you think that they have late night slumber parties where they put on facials and cut each other's hair?
    I bet they have major tickle fests too... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (evilgenius @ Jun 20 2007, 12:59 PM)
    so do you think that they have late night slumber parties where they put on facials and cut each other's hair?
    I bet they have major tickle fests too... tongue.gif

*screen gets glittery... "Dreamweaver" starts playing in the background*

Did I date myself with this post? tongue.gif
  • Thanks for the link, and for calling me out on my typos. I wrote that when I got back from the show last night... long day, and an awesome show do not make for nimble typing. I'll go over and try to fix those.

Thanks again!

Brian

QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 20 2007, 12:09 PM)
    I had the same thought.

Anyway, even if this reviewer doesn't do too well with the English, I agree with some of his sentiments:

http://rockitbomb.com/ok-go-and-the-fray-the-lawn/
  • More pictures as promised!

• S'more...

(I'm getting good at these jumping pictures)

• QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jun 21 2007, 01:30 PM)
    More pictures as promised!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! i LOVE it!!!
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jun 21 2007, 06:30 PM)
    More pictures as promised!

^^ laugh.gif
    That one makes me laugh, I think it's Damian's expression.

Miss Toiletdog, these are brilliant pictures!
    You're great at getting the jumping ones lol
  • And a few more...

I look incredibly gross here. And why is it that in EVERY picture ever taken, there has been hair in my face?

I still think Suzanne would make the better recapper, but I'll throw in a few things that happened (that I remember anyway).

As usual, there weren't many OK Go fans in the crowd (but we managed to befriend two really nice Fray fans), but I would have to say that the crowd was so much better here than in Chicago. Obviously, since OK Go hasn't been here in four years. Suzanne and I snagged front row, of course, only to be barraged by millions upon millions of water bugs that were hanging around the stage. smile.gif It was pretty gross.

I ♥ Mae. They put on a great set. OK Go came out with Don't Ask Me, and, as per tradition, I got video (and as tradition goes, you can clearly hear me scream the best part of the song).

OK Go - "Don't Ask Me" Indianapolis

I wish I could remember everything in the order played, but for some reason the roadies tend to pick up the setlists first thing. I called Theresa during "Invincible," Sheri during "No Sign," my boyfriend during "Get Over It," and my best friend during "Here It Goes Again" (which is the only song she knew). He did do his version of "ELO," played "A Good Idea at the Time," the last song was "Do What You Want," and Damian did his infamous squealing, which turned everyone to soft buttery goodness. Damian mentioned the Chicago show I attended last week, as he talked about someone with huge binoculars staring at him the entire time. He also had this awesome shirt on, which had trees and birds on his cuffs (future tattoo inspiration).

And yes, Suzanne and I managed to meet up with them after the show. First out was Dan, who did the old-school thing with me and posed for a polaroid:

(Awww, look what Dan wrote!)

Then the rest of the gang came out as soon as The Fray started playing so as not to draw a mob (though people did notice and came over anyway). Damian was wearing his short-suit again (see Chicago photos). I LOVED Tim's Chicago T-shirt, since I fully plan on moving there in the near future. I nearly wept when the night was over, since this may be the last time I see them for a long while (unless I can spring for Summerfest in Chicago, or hitchhike to Australia). Such wonderful people, they are.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jun 21 2007, 11:09 AM)

fajsdfhfguenvnd nc9834inecjmokmonromesfvdf!!!!!!!!! He's so wonderfully GORGEOUS!

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jun 21 2007, 11:09 AM)
    I ♥ Mae. They put on a great set. OK Go came out with Don't Ask Me, and, as per tradition, I got video (and as tradition goes, you can clearly hear me scream the best part of the song).

OK Go - "Don't Ask Me" Indianapolis

I love it when Tim jumps!

Thanks for sharing Jennifer! It seems that a lot of fans are realizing that we wont be seeing OK Go for a while after this tour is over. Ya'll should definitely go if they're gonna be in town!
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jun 21 2007, 02:09 PM)
    Damian mentioned the Chicago show I attended last week, as he talked about someone with huge binoculars staring at him the entire time.

That. Made me laugh. So hard!!!

omg, I can't get that image out of my head- aaaa, it sounds like Dwight, doesn't it?
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jun 21 2007, 10:30 AM)

Wait, when did the logo get bigger? It looks like it barely fits.

That's so cute! I love Dan.

I nearly wept when the night was over, since this may be the last time I see them for a long while (unless I can spring for Summerfest in Chicago, or hitchhike to Australia).

If you could hitchhike to Taiwan, you could see them with me! I'm using my grandparents as an excuse to see OK Go. Wow. That makes me sound like a horrible grandchild. I do want to see my grandparents too because I haven't seen them in like 5 years, but it's just too perfect that they're playing in the same city where my grandparents live.