In this Discussion

MA show!

Comments

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jun 25 2007, 03:30 PM)
    Here was my response to her, and I quote:

You are at a fucking rock show. If you didn't prepare yourself to stand the fuck up for some music then that's your problem, not mine. I'm trying to enjoy the show here and I don't need to hear you squawking at me and ruining it. THANK YOU."
    Seriously. I was *SO* pissed.

'Atta girl.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jun 25 2007, 03:12 PM)
    Actually, I think my cousin is going to grow up to be like Dan. He's 4 years old and he's ridiculously friendly. He smiles at strangers and talks with anybody and everybody. He is not afraid of strangers at all. This caused, actually, quite a problem, because last year, he was kidnapped at a store and while his mother was in hysterics at the police, he apparently never even cried with the kidnapper.
    That is incredibly cute. ♥
  • i felt super good immediately after i said it, but the more i thought about it, i felt kind of bad. not for the girl, not at all, but just for letting someone that stupid get under my skin that severely. oh well... can't change it now!
  • awh, now I don't know if I wish I had gone or not...
    cause on the one hand, I didn't miss out on all that negative energy (which I was half-expecting, anyways)
    but on the other hand, the Ok Go fans in the audience would have had one more to strengthen their ranks a bit.

but honestly, I knew not many Fray fans would be appreciative of Ok Go, I just didn't think they'd actually be so rude about it. I mean, what happened just sounds awful. I can't imagine people going to a concert and then acting like that, when they ought to fully know what to expect. I mean, I've wanted to scream my heads off at some people for ruining a show for me, but I never did... and I'm sure no one could be as awful as those girls were, haha. I'm sure Sally and all the other forumers there acted completely appropriately for an energetic concert w/ their favorite band, and for Fray fans to be so rude when they didn't even want to hear/see Ok Go.... that makes no sense to me. I would have liked to be there just to try and reason/argue with them.

oh, and I'm also sorry about all the security guards. the whole entrance thing was just innapropriate and probably very embarrassing for you, Sally, and it's a shame that they had to be so tight during the opener when they probably lost all control anyways during the Fray set.

on a brighter note, I'm glad Ok Go was still in good form. and I seriously need to see them play "The Fix is In". at least once. gosh.
    sigh. now we get to wait for them to come back to Boston. Although I only have 10 months left until I can see them at 18+ gigs, so that's pretty exciting. Seeing as that's about all they have played when headlining here.
    let's just hope their next Boston gigs are completely amazing for all of us =)
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jun 25 2007, 11:12 AM)
    We should all get togwther, maybe for like the OK Go 50th anniversary concert and we'll all fly in from all over. What a strange picture to imagine!

A few months back I was at my chiropractor's, and the woman in the waiting room with me told me that she was from Alabama or Arkansas (or some such place). For some years, she had lived on the same street as Little Feat , who are some southern band who've been around for a long time. She had just come back from Jamaica. She said that every year the band reserved an entire resort in Jamaica and people flew from all over the world to party and vacation with Little Feat in Jamaica.

At the time, I thought to myself, this sounds like something OK Go might end up doing when they've (& we've) been around awhile and are old 'n' krusty. Whoot! Shall we start planning now? Where shall we go? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Jun 25 2007, 01:59 PM)
    A few months back I was at my chiropractor's, and the woman in the waiting room with me told me that she was from Alabama or Arkansas (or some such place). For some years, she had lived on the same street as Little Feat , who are some southern band who've been around for a long time. She had just come back from Jamaica. She said that every year the band reserved an entire resort in Jamaica and people flew from all over the world to party and vacation with Little Feat in Jamaica.

At the time, I thought to myself, this sounds like something OK Go might end up doing when they've (& we've) been around awhile and are old 'n' krusty. Whoot! Shall we start planning now? Where shall we go? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sacramento, California!!! tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 25 2007, 03:37 PM)
    'Atta girl.

I agree- Katie, that was a perfect response to her. If you hadn't, maybe she would've gotten worse- so that kind of assertiveness is admirable.

Meg- you know, right after it all, I thought about you and that very thing you just said about going. I mean, I guess I'm glad I got to have heard them, but it just wasn't...what it should have been. The first time I saw them, even though I didn't meet them all, it was a really magical experience. They were headlining and people even shouted that they wanted There's a Fire...It was a crowd that loved OK Go and showed it. And I can honestly say it was one of the best nights of my life. It left a huge impression on me- it was like watching the sun. But this night at the Tweeter Center was really, really awful- and I wouldn't want you to have that experience. Yeah, I definitely hope nobody ever again has the kind of experiences that Rachel and I and Katie had...so, well, I can't wait til the next cd is out and they headline again. I'll pm you my cell number or something and we'll definitely get together- we'll make it the best night of our lives.
  • agreed, Sally =) the next time they come, we'll make it a good experience, no matter what.

it's funny, I've only seen them at a college show, so it was neither a club of Ok Go fans OR an arena of non-fans.
    It was still good though, because everyone was there to have a good time, and they were all really nice.

I really want to see them at a club, though. a club in Boston, to be specific.

Well, one can only hope.
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ Jun 25 2007, 01:59 PM)
    Sacramento, California!!! tongue.gif

ah ha ha ha ha!

I was thinking of something a little more exotic...

We could compromise. Yosemite?
  • JELLYSTONE PARK!!!

haha I don't know why yosemite made me think of that.
    but it'd have to be somewhere centrally located, with lots of space, and no one around to care if we go completely nuts.
    oh, and also somewhere preferably cheap. unless we can set up a fund of some sort and raise a bunch of money so that everyone can come regardless of cost.

if we can brainstorm all that, then it sounds like a plan!

hehe.
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Jun 25 2007, 07:28 PM)
    I was thinking of something a little more exotic...

I could plant some birds-of-paradise in my backyard. Would that be exotic enough? wink.gif
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Jun 25 2007, 04:59 PM)

Why wait?! Ben Folds is doing it in the spring, Barenaked Ladies has done it recently, country artists do it ALL THE TIME.

Darlings I say we take a CRUISE. Damian can wear the shorts suit on formal night. wink.gif
  • oooo, I like the cruise idea. sounds yummy.

Styx did a cruise not too long ago... now they're the sort of band that's getting up there in age, but I still think it'd be great to do it sooner. We'd just have to make sure there's plenty of entertainment for the under-aged kids (like myself) if we don't want to wait for everyone to turn 21. however, with Ok Go performing/coming on board with us, I don't see how entertainment would be lacking. =D

and the shorts suit, of course wub.gif I love how it's already become classic Ok Go.
  • Ooh the cruise sounds fun.. but what if we all crashed at Damian's house? Then we could all dance in his backyard. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (yummy @ Jun 25 2007, 11:31 PM)
    Ooh the cruise sounds fun.. but what if we all crashed at Damian's house? Then we could all dance in his backyard. biggrin.gif

As Brilliant an idea as that is, I would like to speak on behalf of that man's poor wife -

Doesn't she deal with enough? Her husband is away a minimum of 80% of the time, she (possibly) comes on here and sees post after post of other women lusting after, I'll repeat, her husband, and now we want her to play hostess to a convention of fans? laugh.gif Poor poor woman.

I say we chip in and get her a massage on the cruise, Lord knows she deserves it. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jun 25 2007, 02:12 PM)
    Kim- you have no idea how much I appreciate everything you wrote. You're like the OK Go expert to me. Your Rolling Stones story- you understand everything so perfectly. It's so true, what you said- feeling empty and tearing up makes you miss something...That security guard who bothered you for that lady's flashing- are all security guards walking around thinking they own the earth?

ok, now I can't even pretend to be cool because I'm crying. That is such an incredibly nice thing to say and I don't deserve it. You're such a good friend, Kim. Thank you so much, just so much.

~hugs and a big squeeeeeeeze~ We're gonna have to get together and have an OK Go party sometime smile.gif I'm definitely coming down to Orlando to see my grandmother, so I will try to find you when I do. You're the best!

And thank you for saying I'm like Dan- lol, I'm not at all though. I have a mean streak and Dan is a darling all the time. Actually, I think my cousin is going to grow up to be like Dan. He's 4 years old and he's ridiculously friendly. He smiles at strangers and talks with anybody and everybody. He is not afraid of strangers at all. This caused, actually, quite a problem, because last year, he was kidnapped at a store and while his mother was in hysterics at the police, he apparently never even cried with the kidnapper.

Ah geez, I didn't mean to make you cry.. blink.gif I guess I should just go ahead and say it...WILL YOU MARRY ME? I LOVE YOU SALLY! laugh.gif
    Everyone on here is amazing in their own way and should never be subjugated to the treatment a few folks have recieved at recent shows. I have noticed a trend though! Whenever the boys play a show at an outdoor venue/ampitheatre or civic center, boardies usually have a horrible experience. Jen and Karleigh in December, then everyone that's experienced stuff recently, it's the common link between every situation. So in the future, I know I'm going to be keeping away from any shows that take place outdoors or at a civic center. Even if it's the only show in the area, I refuse to go. Now..I may go lurk outside the building a few hours before the show and try to throw cookies at certain rockstars, but that's as far as I'll go! I swear! laugh.gif

And is this the cute little cousin who doesn't speak a word of english that visited recently? Because as scary as the kidnapping situation sounds, I love him even more for that. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jun 25 2007, 09:34 PM)
    JELLYSTONE PARK!!!

haha I don't know why yosemite made me think of that.
    but it'd have to be somewhere centrally located, with lots of space, and no one around to care if we go completely nuts.
    oh, and also somewhere preferably cheap. unless we can set up a fund of some sort and raise a bunch of money so that everyone can come regardless of cost.

if we can brainstorm all that, then it sounds like a plan!

hehe.

ANTARCTICA!

No one really lives there, so we wouldn't have to rent space. And since the ice caps are melting due to all that global warming junk, it should be moderately temperate when the reunion comes along. I'll be wearing black shorts and a green OK Go tee, for anyone who wants to meet up! We can have a picnic on a grassy knoll!

Heck, we could even claim it as our own country, where all the OK Go fans go to live the rest of their lives worshipping Lord Nordwind. He'll be a just and kind leader, until King J0rge uprises and takes over. And then we'll have to spend all of our time creating J0rge-esque words(Bizlow!) and make a Justionary that will be read on the national radio station "This Konopka Life," narrated by Dan in one of his many celebrity impersonations. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 25 2007, 10:53 PM)
    As Brilliant an idea as that is, I would like to speak on behalf of that man's poor wife -

Doesn't she deal with enough? Her husband is away a minimum of 80% of the time, she (possibly) comes on here and sees post after post of other women lusting after, I'll repeat, her husband, and now we want her to play hostess to a convention of fans? laugh.gif Poor poor woman.

I say we chip in and get her a massage on the cruise, Lord knows she deserves it. biggrin.gif

Technically, as she's somewhat famous in her own genre of work and for a time, was also one of those "Damianiacs" herself, I do think she understands where some of these lusty fan folk are coming from. (Though, I certainly can't)

Even better though, along with a massage, we should let her be able to boss all the Damianiacs around in return for letting them drool on and grope her husband. I imagine you can get plenty of yardwork and house tidy-ing up with an army of fangirls, lol... rolleyes.gif

dry.gif As he is gone 80% of the time, I do think that Damian doesn't do his share of cleaning up after the dogs in the yard...WHICH IS TERRIBLE AND SHOULD BE HIS RESPONSIBILITY AS WE WOMEN ARE TOO DELICATE TO HANDLE POOP. (and yet we're stuck on diaper duty after 9 months of growing a freaking baby inside of us...such injustice in the world!)
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 26 2007, 03:53 AM)

True, I completely forgot about Damian's wife. How inconsiderate of me. I agree with the massage idea; however, as a fangirl, I would be tempted to steal Damian while she gets her massage. Maybe Damian and his wife should get a massage together. After all, he really is away 80% of the time and should be able to have a vacation with his wife, instead of using most of his time just to please his fans.. smile.gif

QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 26 2007, 06:17 AM)
    ANTARCTICA!

No one really lives there, so we wouldn't have to rent space. And since the ice caps are melting due to all that global warming junk, it should be moderately temperate when the reunion comes along. I'll be wearing black shorts and a green OK Go tee, for anyone who wants to meet up! We can have a picnic on a grassy knoll!

Heck, we could even claim it as our own country, where all the OK Go fans go to live the rest of their lives worshipping Lord Nordwind. He'll be a just and kind leader, until King J0rge uprises and takes over. And then we'll have to spend all of our time creating J0rge-esque words(Bizlow!) and make a Justionary that will be read on the national radio station "This Konopka Life," narrated by Dan in one of his many celebrity impersonations. biggrin.gif
    Technically, as she's somewhat famous in her own genre of work and for a time, was also one of those "Damianiacs" herself, I do think she understands where some of these lusty fan folk are coming from. (Though, I certainly can't)

Even better though, along with a massage, we should let her be able to boss all the Damianiacs around in return for letting them drool on and grope her husband. I imagine you can get plenty of yardwork and house tidy-ing up with an army of fangirls, lol... rolleyes.gif

dry.gif As he is gone 80% of the time, I do think that Damian doesn't do his share of cleaning up after the dogs in the yard...WHICH IS TERRIBLE AND SHOULD BE HIS RESPONSIBILITY AS WE WOMEN ARE TOO DELICATE TO HANDLE POOP. (and yet we're stuck on diaper duty after 9 months of growing a freaking baby inside of us...such injustice in the world!)

Great idea! Maybe if we stay there long enough, we could establish our own OK Go country. As long as those hungry polar bears don't eat any of us, then I would totally live there forever. cool.gif <-- Yes, we would need sunglasses to protect our eyes from the blinding snow. Plus, OK Go fans should lve in their natural habitats - OKGo-land. biggrin.gif

Hahaha, 'Damianiac' should be added to the dictionary. We all should treat them like kings (or queens). They all deserve it.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 26 2007, 02:17 AM)
    ANTARCTICA!

"This Konopka Life" is the best idea I've heard in a long time. However, I'm much more in favor of living under the rule of Lord Nordwind. I've been wanting a Jewish president for awhile, and this definitely comes close. Maybe now I'll get Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur off?!

LOL, she should understand the Damianiacs just by being a woman who was once a teenager! NKOTB, anyone? Ha! (Oh, and btw, now I've got it in my head to redo the lyrics to the Animaniacs theme song...) But I still think we owe her a bit. I'd be willing to put in a little housework for Mrs. K. I'll even walk the dogs (and deal with the poop, as I have my own dog and am not too delicate). Yardwork I'm worthless at.

I love how this thread started out as "The Mansfield Tweeter Center Sucks" and has since become the "Vacation with OK Go" thread and/or the "Mrs. DJKJr. Appreciation" Thread.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 26 2007, 02:17 AM)
    I guess I should just go ahead and say it...WILL YOU MARRY ME? I LOVE YOU SALLY! laugh.gif

And is this the cute little cousin who doesn't speak a word of english that visited recently? Because as scary as the kidnapping situation sounds, I love him even more for that. biggrin.gif

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT FOR SO LONG!!! YES! YES! YES! I already bought you a ring, and our dresses will have that tiger on it from the merch table shirt.

And yes, it's the same cousin- he's going to grow up to be a Dutch Dan Konopka.

QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 25 2007, 11:53 PM)
    I would like to speak on behalf of that man's poor wife -

loooooool! looooool some more! so true! I'll join you in housework, Rachel!
  • Sally your cousin's so cute!!! smile.gif

And wait a sec - are we feeling sorry for Damian's wife? As in the woman married to Damian Kulash?
    *sigh* I don't understand you people.... I think she's got a pretty sweet deal, to be honest... tongue.gif