In this Discussion

OK Go Pictures and "Stuff"

Comments

• QUOTE (frielanor @ Nov 11 2007, 01:41 AM)
    http://video.nbcsports.com/player/?id=183105

This is the Notre Dame Marching band at their halftime show this Saturday. About 2 1/2 minutes into the video - 5:05 on the countdown time - they play HIGA. It's amazing. Enjoy!

Also - the first song is from Hairspray, and the third is Kung Fu Fighting. All in all it was an awesome halftime show. smile.gif

ahhhh I know a kid who plays clarinet in the Notre Dame band! he's obnoxiously tall and red-haired, but really nice.
    That's great.
    I liked the leprachaun on the fake treadmill, as well.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 11 2007, 12:00 PM)
    ahhhh I know a kid who plays clarinet in the Notre Dame band! he's obnoxiously tall and red-haired, but really nice.
    That's great.
    I liked the leprachaun on the fake treadmill, as well.

Huh...I've probably crossed paths with your friend, but the only tall redhead I can think of from the band is on drumline, so I probably don't really know him. I know a lot of the band though. Which was very helpful because I knew they were doing OK Go ahead of time, and so I was able to get up to higher seats where I could see the formations properly.

It doesn't really show it very well, but there's a part during the song (while they formed 2 people on treadmills) where the band members making up the 'people' put down their instruments and danced. It wasn't straight OK Go dancing, but they incorporated a couple of moves from the video.
  • QUOTE (frielanor @ Nov 10 2007, 10:41 PM)

Marching bands never cease to amaze me. Thanks for posting that!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 11 2007, 07:13 PM)
    Marching bands never cease to amaze me. Thanks for posting that!

no shit... the coolest thing ours did last year was the family guy theme song, haha. but this is a million times better... seriously
  • That is the coolest thing ever!! The OSU band this weekend played boring songs I've never heard. But don't get me wrong they are the best.

At least ND's band is amazing because the football team isn't so hot this year...
  • QUOTE (ktlou7492 @ Nov 11 2007, 07:16 PM)
    That is the coolest thing ever!! The OSU band this weekend played boring songs I've never heard. But don't get me wrong they are the best.

At least ND's band is amazing because the football team isn't so hot this year...

Haha, my friends and I were saying after the game how we're going to start asking people if they're going to see the band show on Saturday. It's depressing... but whatever. There's more to life than football. There is, for example, OK Go.
  • hey kiddies! ive been so busy these past few weeks... right now im doing this essay on ok go and i came across this photo that i just had to post... ive never seen it before... but it rules so hard.

forgive me if yall posted it already tongue.gif

edit: i think i might be too sleep deprived... the more and more i look at that photo... the more i recognize it tongue.gif oh well... its still rad...

also edit... THAT DRUMLINE IS AWESOME! shite! are drumlines a staple in the states? ive never seen one live before. That is pretty crazy...
  • wow, that freaking rocked. I was in drumline for 4 years and the coolest thing we did was Love Shack, that was pretty fun, but not NEARLY as an Ok Go song..
  • QUOTE (frielanor @ Nov 11 2007, 01:41 AM)
    http://video.nbcsports.com/player/?id=183105

This is the Notre Dame Marching band at their halftime show this Saturday. About 2 1/2 minutes into the video - 5:05 on the countdown time - they play HIGA. It's amazing. Enjoy!

That would be reason number 659 why I like the USA. wink.gif

Rosa
  • I don't know if any of you have seen these before but i came across some awesome b & w OK Go pictures. I can't post the pictures on here since they're gif images so here's a link:

CLICK
  • yeah, drumlines are always pretty cool.
    many times they're also jerks, but not always.
    they just think they're cooler than the rest of the band.
    our drumline this year was actually really good, and nice too.
    yah...

but anyways

i like those pictures, Heidi and Fel!
    wub.gif
  • OK, this is sort of almost irrelevant, but UC Berkeley did this awesome halftime show of 10 classic video game theme songs. It's quite entertaining!

FUNFUN
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Nov 16 2007, 01:16 AM)

taken by yours truly!
  • The night I fell in love at the Auditorium at Michigan State University smile.gif

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 16 2007, 02:19 AM)
    taken by yours truly!

I love that picture, Katie! The lights and the confetti look perfect. biggrin.gif I was there too!
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Nov 11 2007, 06:19 PM)

HA! I only just noticed that Tim is wearing a Run DMC shirt!!! Run's House. Oooohhhhh Yeah.
  • A Fine Tooth posted an ad for their fitted trousers featuring Damian and Tim!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfT9f7N97U0