In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 17 2008, 10:42 PM)
    (Because I promised mayo a story):

Once upon a time there was a talented artist, named Susan B. Mayonaise. So talented was she, that her name was synonymous with beauty, joy, and sheer adorableness. One week, she was bombarded by midterms. For, you see, the great Mayo was a university student as well as artist. Menacing teachers with glistening teeth and purple draping robes plaqued upon her. Her only escape was to go home and doodle away the stress. One day, a brilliant doodle of a bald musician with sideburns and glasses emerged on the paper. He was a delight to draw, so she drew three more musicians, two with shagy hair and one with drumsticks in hand. Then she drew a small robot pet for the band. After she was done with her drawing, she went for a snack. She came back to find, the musicians on the paper had suddenly come to life. They were drawings on paper, but they were waving at her and doing silly stunts. She was eating a sandwich, so she drew a picture of a sandwich for each of them. The little figures on the paper ate with delight. Each time she drew something beside them, it would come to life for the band members to play with. She passed some time doing this, untill she realized she had to go back to class. So, she waved goodbye to her drawings, and they waved back. Then she closed her book to go to class. And there on her shelf, the drawing book awaits when the great Mayo comes to bring exciting things to life.

AAAAaaaaaaah, thank you so much, I love it!!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif oh how I wish it was true...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 17 2008, 03:13 PM)
    You too! And your sister must've been sweet smile.gif

Oh yes, my baby sister is sweet. She LOVES 60s bumble gum music. All last summer, she kept playing a song called 'Simple Simon Says' by a band called The 1910 Fruitgum Company. She was so mad when she found out that that band had performed a few weeks earlier in a nearby restaurant and she had missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f52uIVRSBa0...feature=related

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Mar 17 2008, 03:25 PM)
    AAAAaaaaaaah, thank you so much, I love it!!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif oh how I wish it was true...

You are very welcome and sorry it took me awhile to get it to you, Susan B. Mayonaise wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 17 2008, 11:46 PM)
    Oh yes, my baby sister is sweet. She LOVES 60s bumble gum music. All last summer, she kept playing a song called 'Simple Simon Says' by a band called The 1910 Fruitgum Company. She was so mad when she found out that that band had performed a few weeks earlier in a nearby restaurant and she had missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f52uIVRSBa0...feature=related

You are very welcome and sorry it took me awhile to get it to you, Susan B. Mayonaise wink.gif

aaah, I love this music, I got tons of CDs with this at home, I should get it when I'm home next weekend!! It's so much fun.

And don't apologize, that story is AMAZING and I almost forgot about it myself, haha.
  • lol i listened to that song and clicked this one from the same guy who put it up... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AanqDXDuc4 its so adorable! as is the one your sis likes!
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Mar 17 2008, 04:22 PM)
    lol i listened to that song and clicked this one from the same guy who put it up... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AanqDXDuc4 its so adorable! as is the one your sis likes!

oh, she would love that song!

disturbingly cute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_xNO2wUzQ

I *heart* the Anamainiacs!
  • hahahaha!

the animaniacs were the best...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRy9rcwtrYY good feathers
  • Ok, I know it's pretty late, but...

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!!!!!!!!!
  • not to reignite the Beatlemania or anything, but if I could add:

1) as I thought about the Beatles' movies, I was reminded of another movie related to the Beatles. It's called 'Two of Us' and it's a semi-fictionalized account between John and Paul after the Beatles broke up. "Semi-"fictionalized because the encounter did actually take place, but Yoko and Linda had been present when it happened. anyhow, I'm only saying it because I think that you other Beatle lovers out there will really enjoy it. It was so good I cried at the end...haha. I sound like such a sap. but I really did. it's really interesting to watch the interactions of John and Paul. so please watch it if you can!

2) as for my experience with John Lennon's death...well, he was long gone before I'd been born. my mom had told me when I was younger, like six or seven or something, that John had been shot in front of Yoko...but being a little kid who was ignorant of the Beatles, I didn't really grasp this. And then, something posessed me to look up his death on Wikipedia...and I just totally started bawling. sounding like a sap again, I know, but it was one of the saddest things I've ever read. I wouldn't recommend looking it up. anyway, I sulked for like three days afterwards and it was hard to listen to the music for a bit after that. but I got over it, obviously...of course, watching the Beatles Anthology today, George Harrison's death really struck me and I felt all sad again.

my mom was sad when John died, too...she has a Rolling Stones magazine tribute to him, and a book of his short stories and art, and a postcard that Yoko passed out in NYC at the five year anniversary vigil of his death.

okay, wow, I rambled a lot more than I thought I would. but this is the Random Stuff, so I'll use that as an excuse. XD happy st. patrick's day, btw. smile.gif
  • yayy St Patrick's day!! (as there's only a half hour left, haha)

I've said this before, but everyone in Boston is like, Irish by association...

I mean, I really am Irish...

but seriously I think half of the kids in my school who wore green today weren't actually Irish.

tongue.gif

anyways, it's rather a big deal in Boston.

you know, Dropkick Murphy's and all that.

and the Celtics won tonight!!! which is fitting, eh?
  • applelye, as a youngin' myself, when my mom first told me about his death, i couldn't wrap my head around it because i was so young, but during our "performances" i let my friend ashley, who was the one that fought with her brother about being ringo, i let her be john because "in my life" was her fave song, and since he was dead, i felt like it was our "tribute" to him...

i didn't even have to know that he had been shot to have it really just tear me up inside... i grew up with The Beatles... and having them NOT be the way i looked at them on my cassette tapes and my videos, or just having one of them GONE was just... not right. it hurt. a lot.
    i hate picturing what i'd be like if any of my favorites today were in a similar position..

DONE being sad and morbid!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 17 2008, 10:41 PM)
    applelye, as a youngin' myself, when my mom first told me about his death, i couldn't wrap my head around it because i was so young, but during our "performances" i let my friend ashley, who was the one that fought with her brother about being ringo, i let her be john because "in my life" was her fave song, and since he was dead, i felt like it was our "tribute" to him...

i didn't even have to know that he had been shot to have it really just tear me up inside... i grew up with The Beatles... and having them NOT be the way i looked at them on my cassette tapes and my videos, or just having one of them GONE was just... not right. it hurt. a lot.
    i hate picturing what i'd be like if any of my favorites today were in a similar position..

DONE being sad and morbid!

Gosh, I'm so glad I wasn't around at the time of the murder. It would've been too tramatic for me.

Anyway, I love drawing Bealtes cartoons. Have any of you ever watched the old cartoon eps on youtube?

I've discovered I make a really good brisket. The secret is a little beer. I go in front of the stewpot and say, "Beer for me, beer for you," alternating between drinking some and pouring some on the beef.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 18 2008, 01:48 AM)
    I've discovered I make a really good brisket. The secret is a little beer. I go in front of the stewpot and say, "Beer for me, beer for you," alternating between drinking some and pouring some on the beef.

I'll see you for Shabbos dinner, okay?

(I wub.gif Animaniacs. I sang "I'm Cute" as the encore of my Junior Recital in college)
  • I love songs with violent lyrics that have such a sweet sound......

There's some things I forget
    And if it's wrong, I keep it in check
    'Cause what could I do
    If we go out tonight
    With that blood on your shirt?
    Would it taste like a brand new shirt?
    'Cause I don't know

Can you teach me how to fight?
    Show me what it's like to give that pain
    Show me how to fight, throw him down

There were times in the past
    If I had the move, I couldn't make it last
    Girl, it's wasted in the night
    And is it really so hard?
    Tell your body to forget the words
    Pushing you too hard
    'Cause I don't know

Can you teach me how to fight?
    Show me what it's like to give that pain
    Show me how to fight, throw him down

• Yesterday was my diabetes anniversary - I was diagnosed 6 years ago, wooo!
    OK, not exactly something to celebrate, but it's an excuse to eat cake, right? biggrin.gif

Also, I was helping out the CUTEST little kid at diabetic clinic yesterday - 14 months old!! He was so sweet smile.gif Ahhhhhhhh I love him.
  • "The show is really good. Aside from the fact that the characters are all douchebags, I hate everything that happens on it, and in fact I reject the entire premise of the show." - my husband Adam, re: October Road.
  • GUESS WHOS GOING TO SEE THE ARTIST SO ME TODAY!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

http://www.studio.to/gallery.html

• Coolio! Have fun, mel. Tell us if you see anything really far out. wink.gif

The mother of my grandson is having an eggroll making party tonight. Weeee, I get to learn how to make Vietnamese eggrolls from scratch, chit-chat, and I get to play with my grandson.
  • SO ME WASN'T THERE! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

awwwwwwwwwwwwww

i was so heartbroken. I love his art work so much im a total fan girl of him, really wanted to meet him and get him to sign my doodle notebook... would have made my march... awww im so down from this...

but i did get a rad Busy P mask...

ouuu and tempe eggrolls sound delicious...
  • my brother just got home for his spring break
    it's nice to see him and all.

I really, really wish I had more musical talent.
    it sucks, not being able to do everything that I wish I could.
  • ^^ you, my dear, are talented in so many other ways. wink.gif

Forgot about this hillarious scene from "Help!". Paul and John try to convince Ringo he doesn't need a finger to drum. Meanwhile, George cheats at playing cards with Ringo. My sister used to fall into a drooling puddle-type mass when George would say "You wanna see me?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVyY-GVpKvU