In this Discussion

Twilight

Comments

• uuuh I agree with you so much about Jasper!!! I think he's so misterious and sweet too! You can see that he's so sweet to Alice in the books wub.gif

Jacob did something that is very serious: blackmailed her. Can't stand being done that. And both of them made stupid promisses that they couldn't keep. Jacob promissed that he'd never hurt Bella (duh!) and that's something you just can't promisse to anyone. And Edward made the same kinda promisse AND said that he would never leave her. I think these books can teach us something and one of the things is definitely don't trust men. I have to agree with that one tongue.gif She also promissed that wouldn't be reckless or stupid, which was a silly thing to promisse too.

I also think that Bella can be utterly boring through the story. I'm really afraid to see the movie, especially after seeing that small clip in the penelope DVD because that actress is really turning not so promissing to me. The way she says "I can't dance" with that look on her face like she was saying "you stink!". Really, she's only 18 for pete's sake! How come she got so coky?? I want to slap her after seeing that. She has the same face on every single scene that I got a glimpse at. She better not mess this or she'll have an entire community of harcore twilighters after her tongue.gif

What do you think about the fact that Robert Pattinson is writting Bella's lullaby? (supposedly) He has a band... I think I would love the guy if only I got his jokes...I'm so immune to most of british humour sad.gif and most of the times I don't even get what he says...it's not just because of the accent, it's the way that he talks, and that annoys me on youtube (in the cinema not so much, I still have the subtitles, though I don't like to use them that much)
  • I agree about the 60s. In my opinion it was the best decade for music and in general. I just love the 60s...

Lets see, Edward dislikes the 60s (-1) but prefers brunettes (+1) so it evens out wink.gif

Don't trust men. I like that haha. No one is innocent in the books. Everyone hurts someone. I mean, Edward obviously hurts Bella and Jacob does the same, but Bella leads Jacob on and I guess thats where I give sympathy to him. I generally didn't like how he wouldn't give up because I just wanted Edward and Bella to be together. I know alot of people think thats cute, but I found it annoying. But if Bella can't make up her damn mind then I do feel bad for both of them, but mostly Jacob, for obvious reasons.

Yeah I'm a little nervous about the movie too. I'm much more excited for Breaking Dawn then the movie. I guess we will just have to go into it with no expectations and either be pleasantly suprised or disappointed. And I like the way the British talk smile.gif Like you said I don't always get it, but I like it haha. And the lullaby? I'm not too worried because I guess I never really had anything set in my head what I really thought it sounded like.
  • ah, yes Jasper wub.gif I love him too. He's awesome

I haven't seen the scene from Penelope yet, but I've seen a few short little clips on youtube and stuff, and there's parts of Kristen Stewart that I'm not sure about, either. I don't like the way she says things sometimes, or her facial expressions.

I never really had an idea of what I thought the lullaby would sound like, so I don't really care so much, as long as it sounds pretty.
  • In my head, Bella's lullaby was always the song "lullabelle" by Hanson. Because it's so apropriate and because it's the only song that makes me sleep when I'm disturbed:
    lulla belle - Hanson
    (Ignore Leia tongue.gif )

The reason why I don't like Jacobis because of that ktlou, it's just sooo anyoing when someone insists...It's just so much like reallity when you say "NO!!!" a thousand times to a guy and he still thinks that secretlly you're saying "yes!". I don't like to read about reallity tongue.gif.

Also love the british when they talk (sooo sexy cool.gif ) but when they make jokes, that I just feel stupid because I often don't get it. And yeees! the liking brunettes is defenitly a plus! A guy who prefers a brunette over a strawberry blond is my defenition of perfect wub.gif (maybe not to the strawberry blonds though, but those can have the rest of the guys tongue.gif ) and that thinks that brown eyes are expressive and not dull.

Rebekker, through the hole clip the girl makes the same face as she says "I can't dance" or "I'm not afraid of you". Wasn't there anyone ELSE in the intire hollywood world that was available for the part????

Although the main character has really disapointed me, the sets and the enviorments of the movie are great! Bella's car for example is exactlly how I imagined it, the same with Edward's Volvo and his room etc...
  • I think it's great that they're trusting him to write it. And like you've said, I don't have many expectations for it, so I think it'll be okay.

and I don't think his being British has anything to do with his having an odd sense of humor, haha. I watch tons of British stuff, so I'm pretty sure it's just him tongue.gif

The thing is, even though I like Jacob more than Edward, I don't necessarily think he's better for Bella than Edward is. I think they're about even in that regard, but I like Jacob's character better. meh.
    Also, I think most, if not all, of the mistakes Jacob makes throughout the novel can be related directly back to his maturity level.

I really hope Breaking Dawn doesn't cop out on the whole love triangle thing... like, if Jacob just imprinted on someone else and the whole problem went away, that would be a really sucky solution. I want to see a real, emotional resolution to all this.
  • oooh a Twilight Thread!!!!

for some reason ever since reading Eclipse Ive had this nagging feeling what if Bella turns out to be Jacob's mate, but because Bella has been around Edward and the gang so much she starts smelling like the vamps it threw off him off.... blink.gif
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 17 2008, 03:01 PM)
    Rebekker, through the hole clip the girl makes the same face as she says "I can't dance" or "I'm not afraid of you". Wasn't there anyone ELSE in the intire hollywood world that was available for the part????

That stinks. Well I hope she isn't completely awful during the whole movie. It's probably unlikely, thought, that the only few scenes or clips that we've seen are the bad ones and all the other ones are good. But I can hope that as a whole, she does ok.

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jul 17 2008, 03:12 PM)
    I really hope Breaking Dawn doesn't cop out on the whole love triangle thing... like, if Jacob just imprinted on someone else and the whole problem went away, that would be a really sucky solution. I want to see a real, emotional resolution to all this.

I agree. I like the whole love triangle part. And it would be really lame if Jacob imprinting on someone just solved everything. Plus, I really love the parts where Edward and Jacob fight about Bella. Like when Bella hurt her wrist and Edward came to pick her up and Jacob and Edward argued. tongue.gif

By the way, that's an interesting theory, CrashandBurn.
  • QUOTE (CrashAndBurn @ Jul 17 2008, 08:37 PM)
    oooh a Twilight Thread!!!!

for some reason ever since reading Eclipse Ive had this nagging feeling what if Bella turns out to be Jacob's mate, but because Bella has been around Edward and the gang so much she starts smelling like the vamps it threw off him off.... blink.gif

if that happens, I'll probably be miserable sad.gif

At the same time, the love traingle breaks the monotony because if it was just Bella and Edward over and over it would be so boring....
    And that scene after her breaking the wrist really was awesome, I felt the hair on the back of my neck getting up with the excitment...two guys arguing about you is just someting... rolleyes.gif that's what I meant that dward was bossy and posessive sometimes, in a good way (he'd broken jacob's jaw if Bella asked him to laugh.gif)
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 17 2008, 04:29 PM)
    And that scene after her breaking the wrist really was awesome, I felt the hair on the back of my neck getting up with the excitment...two guys arguing about you is just someting... rolleyes.gif that's what I meant that dward was bossy and posessive sometimes, in a good way (he'd broken jacob's jaw if Bella asked him to laugh.gif)

Right! I love that part about him. And when it said that Bella could hear the engine speeding up on the phone when she told him that Jacob kissed her. And he ended up fighting over her with Jacob. I loved it rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jul 17 2008, 04:45 PM)
    Right! I love that part about him. And when it said that Bella could hear the engine speeding up on the phone when she told him that Jacob kissed her. And he ended up fighting over her with Jacob. I loved it rolleyes.gif

I LOVED that part! Jacob's cockiness and Edward's jealousy ha. I really just love the way Stephenie Meyers writes.
  • it should be forbidden to write so well wub.gif it's just obcessive in a way that you just can't imagine yourself putting the book down unless you've finished it! (even then!!)
  • OK, I didn't read this whole thread because of the spoilers from the next two books (a reminder to everyone, please use spoiler tags for the rest of us who didn't want things ruined), BUT Katie, I just read Twilight from cover to cover in about 6 hours. I could NOT put it down! And you all know how Potterific I am. But believe me - this book was fantastic. I'm hoping to finish the rest of the series during my vacation.

HP and Twilight can coexist very peacefully (I saw that line in my skimming) - they're completely different books read for completely different reasons. Like I told my Dad to read Harry Potter for the touching story and fantastic alternate world, but would I tell him to read Twilight? F**K no!

I would, however, highly recommend this book to my Sister, My Sissie-in-law, and my Partner-in-Crime. Girls. Edward Smirks. A Lot.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 18 2008, 09:44 AM)
    OK, I didn't read this whole thread because of the spoilers from the next two books (a reminder to everyone, please use spoiler tags for the rest of us who didn't want things ruined), BUT Katie, I just read Twilight from cover to cover in about 6 hours. I could NOT put it down! And you all know how Potterific I am. But believe me - this book was fantastic. I'm hoping to finish the rest of the series during my vacation.

HP and Twilight can coexist very peacefully (I saw that line in my skimming) - they're completely different books read for completely different reasons. Like I told my Dad to read Harry Potter for the touching story and fantastic alternate world, but would I tell him to read Twilight? F**K no!

I would, however, highly recommend this book to my Sister, My Sissie-in-law, and my Partner-in-Crime. Girls. Edward Smirks. A Lot.

oooh so sorry about the spoilers Rachel!! I'll be more carefull sad.gif so sorry

But I do feel the same way abour twilight/harry potter. It's defenitly a diferent book, harry potter can be read by anyone, twilight has some intense moments...

I admire you so much for the self control of reading only twilight rolleyes.gif wink.gif
  • Awww, no worries, Mia - I know the feeling of wanting to discuss love of characters with others. And as for my willpower, I had to sleep sometime! (Don't worry, I'm going to start the second book soon!!)

So anyway, I woke up this morning realizing that one of my favorite JP Jones songs fits the plotline PERFECTLY - it's almost as though he read the book and changed the name!!!

Simone, by JP Jones

We could take our time
    Live out simple lives
    Not be rushed by anyone
    I'd put diamonds in your eyes
    Hold your hand in mine
    Not be fussed by anyone

Send the wolves out of this picture
    They'll only scratch and they'll bite you
    You gotta trust me love

Oh, How those eyes look
    How they miss you
    I've got a lifetime of the blues

I would build a bridge
    With my fingertips
    Build a house here where you stand
    Well you've got your hands to grip
    So hold me, grab me quick
    You don't need no other man

Send the wolves out of this picture
    They'll only scratch and they'll bite you
    You gotta trust me love

Oh, How those eyes look
    How they missed you
    I got drunk, I got stoned
    I got a family at home that I love,
    I love, I love, I love, Oh!
    But I ain't got you.

So come home, Simone, come home.
    Come home Simone, come home.
    What you doin' on your own?

Come home Simone, come home
    Come home Simone, come home
    What you doin' on your own?

All these places we've got to go;
    So much I've got to show you
    What you doin' out there on your own?

Oh, how those eyes look
    How they missed you
    I got drunk, I got stoned
    I got a family at home that I love
    I love, I love, I love, Oh!
    But I ain't got you.

SEEEE? Am I right? As if I didn't love JP/this song enough already!!!
  • That is a really good song for the story.
    And sorry about the spoilers. At first I tried to be careful, but then all of us were discussing different parts of the books. And then I kinda figured since this thread is all about the book then people would know the possibility of getting spoiled if they read this before the book. But I can put a warning before the spoiler or something so people don't read it and get spoiled smile.gif
  • the song is perfect Rach! I've heard it before...I just can't remember the music (and that is really annoying me)

It has been released a new trailer and more scenes of the filme. I'm starting to think that if I take the time to ensemble all that has been released I'll have the full movie on my hands pretty soon tongue.gif. I just hope this means that he scenes that they aren't showing are the best ones (not the other way around as it sometimes happens)

about the book twilight:
    I can't wait to see one scene in particular: The scene that shows Edward in the sun for the first time!

Oh has anyone been watching the set in MTV news: twilight tuesday?? And have you seen the Breaking Dawn quotes of the day in Stephenie Meyer's homepage?
  • I haven't been watching the MTV thing.
    But I've seen the quotes of the day on stephenie meyer's site. I'm still not sure if I want to read them though, they make me think too much tongue.gif and then I get caught up in my theories of what they mean. But I can't stop myself from checking them every day.
  • mee too tongue.gif that's precisely what she wants: mess up with us tongue.gif

Rebekker, have you heard Robet singing????Robert Pattinson
    I know it's not his name in the tittle but it's him...
    huh.gif unsure.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif (marry me?)
    He sounds like paolo nuttini? wub.gif do I need to say more???
    Oh and this is just him messing around with his guitar...what would it be like if he really was trying??
  • wow, no I haven't heard him sing before. He's actually pretty good.
    And, laugh.gif that part towards the end when he kinda belts it and it goes a little out of tune and you can hear him laugh after cuz he knows it was
  • Ok, I'm all caught up with the rest of you girls now.

YUM.