In this Discussion

Twilight

Comments

• my little sister has breezed through the first 2 books in 2 days... i'll snag 'em when she's done.
    this is a clear indicator it's for sure worth my time. her and i agree on all things literature.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 21 2008, 09:03 AM)
    Ok, I'm all caught up with the rest of you girls now.

YUM.

have you finished all three??

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jul 21 2008, 04:16 PM)
    my little sister has breezed through the first 2 books in 2 days... i'll snag 'em when she's done.
    this is a clear indicator it's for sure worth my time. her and i agree on all things literature.

I haven't heard of anyone yet who said...well it took me 4 days to read the book...everyone has read the book like 20 hours straight, it's insane how addictive her writting style is...
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 21 2008, 01:47 PM)
    I haven't heard of anyone yet who said...well it took me 4 days to read the book...everyone has read the book like 20 hours straight, it's insane how addictive her writting style is...

Same here! It's crazy! But I've still yet to convince my sister to read it. She refuses, saying that she doesn't read and she's not going to read it dry.gif But I have convinced a couple friends that they need to read it.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 21 2008, 01:47 PM)
    have you finished all three??

YES I have finished all three and I LURVE THEM. wub.gif

My friend who loaned me the books is taking a long time to read them, but she's not the quick reader I am.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 21 2008, 07:43 PM)
    My friend who loaned me the books is taking a long time to read them, but she's not the quick reader I am.

I lent my friend all three books and she is almost done. I promised my sister she could read Twilight next, since I did promise her a LONG time ago she could read it. But, my friend's mom and sister are apparently reading them too. And they are slowwwww. I know I'm being selfish but I really just want the books back so I can give them to my sister and have them back. rolleyes.gif
  • Ok I'm gonna say something about some of the quotes on Stephenie Meyer's website. Who all has been reading them? I've been checking them every day despite the feeling of getting spoiled that I get every once in a while. Some of them are perfectly harmless, but some of them might be but they don't feel harmless and I always feel spoiled, even though Stephenie Meyer wouldn't put anything up there that would horribly spoil the book. By the way, I used spoiler things to hide the quotes if you have chosen not to read them. And in case you didn't know, they are quotes from the upcoming book, Breaking Dawn. Just a warning in case you don't want to know a single thing about the new book smile.gif

Did this one make anyone else spazz a little? - Charlie: "Bells, we're up to bat."
    Personally, it screwed with my head a little bit. It made me think too much.

And this one - Edward: "Oops." was just kinda lame. I mean Come on! That could mean anything!! tongue.gif

And here's one more that screwed with my head Tanya: "Ah, Edward. I've missed you." What!?
  • I finished reading all the books in less than a day ......I was reading while in class... while eating lunch...while walking to and from the subway....on the train...while ironing and while eating my mum got so pissed she threatened to set the book ablaze... I freaked out so badly and got paranoid the days after that I went out and bought a second set of all three books just in case....well except for Eclipse ....I have 2 and plus the special Edition

QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jul 23 2008, 12:52 PM)
    Ok I'm gonna say something about some of the quotes on Stephenie Meyer's website. Who all has been reading them? I've been checking them every day despite the feeling of getting spoiled that I get every once in a while. Some of them are perfectly harmless, but some of them might be but they don't feel harmless and I always feel spoiled, even though Stephenie Meyer wouldn't put anything up there that would horribly spoil the book. By the way, I used spoiler things to hide the quotes if you have chosen not to read them. And in case you didn't know, they are quotes from the upcoming book, Breaking Dawn. Just a warning in case you don't want to know a single thing about the new book smile.gif

Did this one make anyone else spazz a little? - Charlie: "Bells, we're up to bat."
    Personally, it screwed with my head a little bit. It made me think too much.

And this one - Edward: "Oops." was just kinda lame. I mean Come on! That could mean anything!! tongue.gif

And here's one more that screwed with my head Tanya: "Ah, Edward. I've missed you." What!?

I read the quotes everyday and I imagine what they might be doing

Heres what I think

- Charlie: "Bells, we're up to bat."

Bella....wait not Bella , Alice might have convinced Charlie to play with them

Edward: "Oops."

Lets see....it could mean I forgot to put don the seat.......which is so not Edward

It could mean......I didnt mean to poke you.........

It could mean....I didnt mean to run Jacob over with the Volvo

Tanya: "Ah, Edward. I've missed you."

*Sees red* she says that right before I bury a stake through her chest......hmph!!

• QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jul 23 2008, 12:52 PM)

Yeah thats the one that messed with me too!

I think that she's saying that at the wedding, and maybe we get to find out about what Edward did when he went on his little getaway? Tanya can just get out though.
  • QUOTE (CrashAndBurn @ Jul 23 2008, 10:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=169378
    Yeah thats the one that messed with me too!

I think that she's saying that at the wedding, and maybe we get to find out about what Edward did when he went on his little getaway? Tanya can just get out though.

hmm, possibly
  • I have no idea what I dreamed about last night with one exception, I kept waking up thinking about "The Cullens". ::sigh::.
  • Haha thats cute smile.gif
    I read Twilight again to get in the mood for Breaking Dawn. I'm too excited for Friday/Saturday!!
  • Me and my friends made our Twilight shirts for the Barnes and Noble party on Friday. But we didn't get them finished. We were having a million technical difficulties. Me especially. We have this special paper that you can print a picture on and then iron it onto the shirt. And at first I forgot to do it on a hard surface instead of an iron board, so there were spots all over it from the holes in the ironing board. dry.gif But we didn't realize that was the problem, so I thought it had something to do with the paper, because it was different paper (especially for dark colored shirts), so I figured I would try out the paper for light colored shirts just to see if it would work. And I ended up ruining another shirt, because it didn't work. And then, I had one shirt left, and we finally figured out that the ironing board was the problem. So we ironed the picture on the shirt on a hard surface, and I got the cover of the book on. And then I was trying to iron on a picture on the sleeve but I accidently moved the iron over the picture of the cover, and it ruined it. I was so upset. And by that time it was already getting late, so I just decided to give up and start over another day. So, I'm gonna have to do it either tonight or tomorrow probably, so that the writing has time to dry.

My shirt is going to have the cover of Eclipse on the front, a picture of an apple with a bite out of it on the sleeve and it's gonna say Bite Me under it. And on the back, it's gonna have the date 8-2-08 And under that, a quote from Eclipse, "Fall down again, Bella?" "No, I punched a werewolf in the face" I'm gonna look it up before I write it though, so I make sure I get it word for word. My friends are all doing basically the same thing but with different books. The Twilight quote is going to be, "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" New Moon, "Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?" Breaking Dawn, "Do you want me to sing to you? I'll sing all night if it will keep the bad dreams away." The one doing Breaking Dawn wanted that one because it was sweet.
  • Aww those are cute ideas for the shirts biggrin.gif

Sorry about your bad luck with the shirts. I know how you feel, it took my friend and I a million tries to get this iron on stuff to work for our OK Go shirts and I had to end up doing the whole thing at midnight by myself. I'm sure they will turn out amazing though!!

My friend and I want to make shirts too, but I really want to do something creative like you. Ugh I guess I have a day or so to think about. What else is procrastination for?
  • That's my favorite of the released Breaking Dawn quotes, Bekker.
  • guys ive been officially diagnosed with "B.D. Countdownitis"..... a report according to Dr. Seth

"The main symptom is staring at the countdown on the right side of this page for several minutes at a time. Countdownitis patients seem to believe that by gazing intently at the milliseconds, the number of days remaining until the release of Breaking Dawn will miraculously decrease. One of the only known cures is finding something interesting to read on the Internet. For this reason, I have found several good articles about Stephenie and her books written in the past few days to help you pass the time (without staring at the milliseconds pass by):"

From the Twilight Medical Journal Vol,4 Issue 1

theres only one little problem.....im immune to the cure.....so now not only do i stare at the BD timer I also set the Alarm on My Itouch and my cellphone to alarm at exactly 11:59pm on the 31st but also I have set up a google reminder thingy and I have a timer on my desktop......oh gosh ive gone completely cookoo

nice shirt idea
  • I like that quote too, Rachel. It's just so cute wub.gif

QUOTE (CrashAndBurn @ Jul 29 2008, 12:17 AM)
    guys ive been officially diagnosed with "B.D. Countdownitis"..... a report according to Dr. Seth

"The main symptom is staring at the countdown on the right side of this page for several minutes at a time. Countdownitis patients seem to believe that by gazing intently at the milliseconds, the number of days remaining until the release of Breaking Dawn will miraculously decrease. One of the only known cures is finding something interesting to read on the Internet. For this reason, I have found several good articles about Stephenie and her books written in the past few days to help you pass the time (without staring at the milliseconds pass by):"

From the Twilight Medical Journal Vol,4 Issue 1

theres only one little problem.....im immune to the cure.....so now not only do i stare at the BD timer I also set the Alarm on My Itouch and my cellphone to alarm at exactly 11:59pm on the 31st but also I have set up a google reminder thingy and I have a timer on my desktop......oh gosh ive gone completely cookoo

nice shirt idea

laugh.gif haha, I haven't personally gotten that "illness" but it does make it seem like the wait time is getting a lot less with the milliseconds moving so fast and the time gradually getting smaller
  • *sighs* it so does now we only have 3 days left *tries not to burst a vessel*

anyway the quote for the day had me thinking

Seth: "You'll hurt her. Let her go."

I have a good idea I know who he's talking to
  • QUOTE (CrashAndBurn @ Jul 29 2008, 02:43 PM)
    Seth: "You'll hurt her. Let her go."

I have a good idea I know who he's talking to

I think he might be talking to Jacob because he's saying that he should let Bella go because he could hurt her if he looses his temper. Maybe...
  • Not finished yet, but I want to say one thing before I go to bed.

I really miss the awesome Bella/Edward Sexiness. Yeah, it's here, but not even remotely as much as in previous books. It's probably a little immature of me to say so, but the book is so freakin' plot heavy that All the good stuff I loved about the other books seems to be gone.
  • I haven't gotten very far yet. I didn't want to start the book until I got home. I didn't want to read it in the car. But when I got home I was too tired, so I decided to wait til morning. My friend already finished it though. She said she was satisfied with it. So that's good.

But while we were still in Barnes and Noble I heard It's a Disaster playing and I'm like YES! and started flipping out a little bit.