In this Discussion

Twilight

Comments

• I know!! Im very disapointed sad.gif I think she will finish it. Eventually. She spoke to fondly about it when she posted just the first chapter.
    I just read the part in New Moon where Rosalie explains her past to Bella and why she shouldnt be changed.. Stephenie Meyer is just to good! She answered almost all of my qestions about Bella having children.. but why is it that way? I now wonder. hmmm.

i mjust admit, i cracked after the first five minutes and read the first chapter of Midnight Sun.. Im just hoping that she finishes it and i too have a pretty little midnight sun on my shelf.. Possibly along with edwards side of the other books. Although that second wish sounds asthough it may never be forfilled. I am also very optimistic.. only time will tell sad.gif Ahhh, if only!

Back to my book!
  • I did read the first chapter of Midnight Sun when it was posted before the leak and I will say that it left me wanting more. Like a whole series more ha ha. But that is just pushing it. Oh well. She will do what she has to do.

But on another note, I bought a Twilight poster from Hot Topic the other day and I loveee it. It's huge and was only 8 bucks. Best deal ever. I'm just really happy about it.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Sep 21 2008, 10:57 AM)
    the only thing of interest i can add to this thread having not read any of the books or seen any films is

paramore is going to be on the next films soundtrack...

shut up!!!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!! omg...I'm having an attack...muse AND paramore?? I'm so going to see that movie twice in the cinema... rolleyes.gif wub.gif how do you know this Pandy?

I loooved midnight sun it was lovelly written as usual, and Edward gets more and more fictional because he's just so perfect that he just can't exist. Have you guys signed the pettitions online for stephenie meyer to continue to write midnight sun?

About the spelling obuttonso was talking about...unfortunatelly I didn't find any (unfortunatelly because that would mean that my english is much more perfect than it actually is), but I did find one in portuguese tongue.gif on breaking dawn she wrote about the superstitions of the brazilian indians and wrote about a Libishomen but in fact is Lobisomem. Still it was cool to find some portuguese in the books.

Have you seen the casting of twilight presenting paramore on the VMA's?? (what a magic combination!!...rolleyes.gif) it was way cool but all the kids made a huge fuss on the MTV website (where I saw paramore's performance, didn't see the hole VMA's cerimony, it's too boring tongue.gif) because the goofy hoster didn't let Robert Pattinson say his line...it was way riddiculous. Those twi-hards are out of controll.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Sep 26 2008, 10:44 AM)
    Have you seen the casting of twilight presenting paramore on the VMA's?? (what a magic combination!!...rolleyes.gif) it was way cool but all the kids made a huge fuss on the MTV website (where I saw paramore's performance, didn't see the hole VMA's cerimony, it's too boring tongue.gif) because the goofy hoster didn't let Robert Pattinson say his line...it was way riddiculous. Those twi-hards are out of controll.

Yeah, I thought it was kinda funny how he just cut him off. That would kinda suck though. The one thing that you get to say, and you don't even get to talk.
    That host was crazy, though
  • It was Russell Brand, right?
    I love Russell Brand.

Granted, he probably wasn't the best choice to host the VMAs, of all things, but he's still ridiculously amazing. And hysterical. And awesome.

I mean, I like Robert Pattinson, but I'd rather have Russell Brand being hilarious than have RPattz saying one line at the VMAs any day. Seriously.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Sep 26 2008, 10:44 PM)
    shut up!!!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!! omg...I'm having an attack...muse AND paramore?? I'm so going to see that movie twice in the cinema... rolleyes.gif wub.gif how do you know this Pandy?

I loooved midnight sun it was lovelly written as usual, and Edward gets more and more fictional because he's just so perfect that he just can't exist. Have you guys signed the pettitions online for stephenie meyer to continue to write midnight sun?

I thought that Paramore were always on the soundtrack?? Stephenie Meyers makes soundtracks for her books when shes writing them, inspiration or something??

rolleyes.gif HAHAHA! That was very amusing.. as much as i do like Robert Pattinson, i could not stop laughing!

How do you sign the pettition?? could you please add a link? smile.gif

• http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/save_the_midnight_sun

http://www.savemidnightsun.com/petition.aspx

Got these from a portuguese forum but they're international. The forum is quite interesting because the people are not twi-hard or anything like that and I can talk about the books biggrin.gif (in my own language, which is a change for me smile.gif )

Have you listened to paramore's music decode? It's on stephenie meyer's website and on youtube...it's lovelly wub.gif didn't know that Hayley was a twilight fan!
    (Pandy, now you have a good excuse to read twilight tongue.gif)
  • i already mentioned paramore on the soundtrack me dear =p

they actully have the MAIN song, and another song on the soundtrack

the main bad guy person was just on a entertainment show/interveiw i watched..
  • exactlly!! How awesome is that??? tongue.gif It was cool that the main song was written actually considering the story of the book/movie, so it fits well
  • thats hayley for you, shes a great writer..
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 7 2008, 08:07 PM)
    http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/save_the_midnight_sun

http://www.savemidnightsun.com/petition.aspx

Got these from a portuguese forum but they're international. The forum is quite interesting because the people are not twi-hard or anything like that and I can talk about the books biggrin.gif (in my own language, which is a change for me smile.gif )

Have you listened to paramore's music decode? It's on stephenie meyer's website and on youtube...it's lovelly wub.gif didn't know that Hayley was a twilight fan!
    (Pandy, now you have a good excuse to read twilight tongue.gif)

Thanks, im on my way now biggrin.gif

I still haven't read Breaking Dawn, just simply because ive been so busy and now i have my exams comig up i dont really have the time sad.gif
    Ill have to either read it slow or wait untill exams have past and read it all, which i'd rather do!

which means waiting for a month or so sad.gif
  • It's almost time for the movie!!!
  • The movie is out in America!
    Spewin' it doesnt come out here in Australia untill December 11th!! argh!

Still haven't read Breaking Dawn.. im starting next week biggrin.gif
  • haha, I'm probably gonna go see the movie next weekend, while I'm home for Thanksiving.
    But I'm probably gonna be mercilessly making fun of it.... It's just too good an opportunity to pass up.

I have low expectations for the movie.

we shall see.

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 23 2008, 01:32 PM)
    But I'm probably gonna be mercilessly making fun of it.... It's just too good an opportunity to pass up.

haha, wait til you see some of the faces they make. Like, when Edward's trying to control himself from eating Bella. It's SO FUNNY! Of course, i don't think it was meant to be quite like that, but I couldn't help but laugh.

This is just what I thought of the movie very briefly. It wasn't as good as I had hoped, but it was better than I thought it would be. I was of course hoping for it to be really good, but I didn't want to expect too much, because then I would just be really disappointed. But overall I think it was pretty good. Just way funnier than I think it was meant to be laugh.gif
  • I thought exactly the same thing.
    I think I'm going to go see it again. I mean the first time around I couldn't help but comparing it to the book, it was subconscious. I just want to watch it to watch it now.

Is it sad that I'm already ready for New Moon to come out now?
  • I agree. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. My biggest problem was that Robert Pattinson forgot that he had to be charming as well as self-hating. There were a couple of moments every now and then where he would be confident, sexy Edward, but really most of the time he was "ZOMGS EMO!Edward".
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 24 2008, 08:52 AM)
    I agree. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. My biggest problem was that Robert Pattinson forgot that he had to be charming as well as self-hating. There were a couple of moments every now and then where he would be confident, sexy Edward, but really most of the time he was "ZOMGS EMO!Edward".

Oh my goodness, I completely agree! It's weird because before I saw the movie, I was feeling alright about Edward, not amazing, but I had gotten used to the idea, but I wasn't so sure about Bella. I didn't know if I liked her or not. But as I was watching the movie, I felt that I liked how Kristen Stewart fit Bella better than I liked Robert Pattinson being Edward. He just didn't seem charming enough. And I just felt like they left A LOT of the Bella and Edward stuff out. I know that they can't put everything in the movie, but they just didn't seem close enough yet. Like, when they had to separate to get Bella away from James, and they were saying goodbye, they just didn't seem like they were that close yet

I really liked Charlie in the movie. He wasn't how I pictured Charlie but I was way more than satisfied with who they chose to play him. I loved all of the Charlie scenes laugh.gif

Oh, and this goes along with the Edward thing. My cousin who came to see it with my group of friends, he's dating one of them, said that he thought that they left out all of the funny Edward parts. (yes he read the book, which I think is really cute because he pretty much did it for his girlfriend who wanted him to read it) But I agree with him. Edward just seemed too serious in the movie. I know that generally Edward is kind of a serious person, but not that much. I just think they left out too much of Bella and Edward's conversation.

Like, that part where they say...

' "So what you're saying is, I'm your brand of heroin?" I teased, trying to lighten the mood.

He smiled swiftly, seeming to appreciate my effort. "Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin." '

Instead of making it somewhat light, they made it a severely serious part instead. Edward gets all extremely serious, and there's hardly any joking or very much of Bella and Edward's conversations at all in the movie. I think that added to them not feeling close enough. They showed a little part after the kissing scene of them talking on her bed, but only as a short little montage, which wasn't enough to give me the feeling that I felt they should have had.
  • I haven't seen it yet, but I think RPattz is actually trying to do a good job of acting the part, but it's hard because how do you act like an empty shell, void of substance but outwardly perfect? (no offense to edward fangirls, haha, but seriously. he has NO PERSONALITYYYY)
    So he goes to the most 'real' part of Edward, which is the self-loathing and tormented part of him.
    Which I think is good on RPattz's part, but not so much for Edward?
    *shrug*
    I'll have more on the subject when I see it.

I've become more and more disenchanted with the series the more I've thought about it.

review for BD that sort of explains where I'm coming from: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/29278193
    another explanation: http://www.neopets.com/~kokiri_archer
    (ps lol neopets)
    and finally (with politics!): http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/62927-the-po...res-and-wizards

so yeah, a bit disenchanted. They were fun to read at first, but... there's just so much that's overwhelmingly wrong in them.
    I do like the fringe characters more, Jacob and Jasper and the other vamps at the end of BD, and Charlie, and Bella's human friends, and the other werewolves too. And they books as just entertainment aren't awful, there's still some redeeming qualities about them.
  • HAHA! im going to be mocking this teh whole way through!
    i saw part of the hospital scene after the fight and kristen stewart looks like such a bad actor there.. although, ive seen her in other movies and shes seems like a good actor? maybe its just the pressure of having to be really good to prevent hate mail from millions of crazy girls!

yeah, from what ive seenn so far, Pattinson has concentrated on the depressing side of his role rather than the witty and polite side of edward..
    maybe its a good thing

anyone see that article on google about Kristen Stewart being caught smoking pot? haha! obviosly not used to the spotlight!!