In this Discussion

No MTV Award nomination

13»

Comments

• *REJOICES
  • I'm so voting for "California Girls".
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Aug 4 2009, 11:14 PM)
    I'm so voting for "California Girls".

Well yeah, me too. I mean, watching the girls in that video inspired me to be who I am today.
  • Ok, California Girls aside, that's actually some stiff competition up there. I mean, Sabotage? Human Behavior? Karma Police? Where The Streets Have No Name? Those are some classic videos. (judging by the fact that I can actually remember all of them vividly, lol)

But still, it's good for our boys. smile.gif so yay!
  • yeah im voting for them but its hard to expect that theyll win expecially up against all of those videos... i mean i didnt even have to play califonia girls and I remembered it... and i've probably only watched it once ever...

seems like a bullshit nod...

imma vote everyday though!

is this category new? Surprising most of those vids didnt get a vma? maybe a big oops on thier part

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Aug 4 2009, 11:14 PM)
    I'm so voting for "California Girls".

QUOTE (DJRose @ Aug 5 2009, 07:57 AM)
    Well yeah, me too. I mean, watching the girls in that video inspired me to be who I am today.

Is this serious or sarcasm? Sarcasm does not compute when I'm reading.

I'm so torn between Sabatoge and Hear It Goes Again that I might not vote. And in the end MTV doesn't know anything if these videos didn't even win in the first place.
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Aug 5 2009, 11:02 PM)
    Is this serious or sarcasm? Sarcasm does not compute when I'm reading.

I'm so torn between Sabatoge and Hear It Goes Again that I might not vote. And in the end MTV doesn't know anything if these videos didn't even win in the first place.

LOL, it's sarcasm. biggrin.gif I think Becky and I have spent too much time with one another. Haha!

Here's why you should vote for Here It Goes Again over Sabotage:

The Beastie Boys have had a MUCH MORE SUCCESSFUL CAREER. In 1998 they won the Video Vanguard Award for their overall contribution to the medium. So Sabotage, as awesome a video as it is (and it's one of the best ever, I'd totally agree) already kind of has won for being part of The Beasties' total oeuvre. They do not need another Moon Man. OK Go is the underdog here. These boys really deserve some sort of recognition for their work, because goodness knows every other artist on that list has had plenty of recognition.

Not that I'm biased. wub.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Aug 6 2009, 12:25 AM)
    Here's why you should vote for Here It Goes Again over Sabotage...

Ok I'm convinced. Another convincing argument would have been, "Just look at Damian's face." And I would have said, "Oh good point. It is a good one."
  • Yes, there was a lot of cursing in the DJRose household this evening. And not just because Kanye West is a douchebag.

But more than anything, I'm looking forward to asking Tim if he got to meet Kristen Cavallieri at the VMAs.
  • Hi guys! I've been a fan of OK Go for a VERY long time and have been reading the forums for quite a while, but never got around to actually creating an account and posting. Anyway.... for anyone who watched the VMAs last night... does Lady Gaga's outfit remind you of anything?

Looks a little like this to me...
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Aug 7 2009, 11:17 AM)
    Ok I'm convinced. Another convincing argument would have been, "Just look at Damian's face." And I would have said, "Oh good point. It is a good one."

GreatNewQuoteThatJustWentIntoMySignatureThatIBarelyUseAnymore.

Yes.
  • @steph : Hey you're right!! laugh.gif But that's a bit scary I think...Lady Gaga has always a crazy outfit!!

I found a little video of the VMA's 09 with OK Go,talking about their awesome suits ♥
    http://www.mtv.de/videos/20302366
  • QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Sep 15 2009, 10:30 AM)
    I found a little video of the VMA's 09 with OK Go,talking about their awesome suits ♥
    http://www.mtv.de/videos/20302366

It only works in Germany. sad.gif But I think this is the same video, for all us Americans:

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/436495/ok-go.jhtml#id=1620607

And a little clip here, around the 1:58 mark.

http://www.webcastr.com/videos/news/liz-gl...t-the-vmas.html

What is your favorite Michael Jackson video of all time?
    Kulash: I’m going to step out and say “Smooth Criminal.” Earlier in the night I would have said “Beat It,” but really, “Smooth Criminal” affected me a lot.

Ross: “Billy Jean.” That’s the sidewalk one, right? I always wanted to walk down the sidewalk and have that happen. That just really fascinated me as a kid.

What do you think about the VMAs returning to New York City?
    Kulash: It’s where they belong, and I don’t even live here. You want a place that is dense and packed full of people, and history.

From HERE and there's a picture in there too.
  • QUOTE (steph @ Sep 14 2009, 03:30 PM)
    Anyway.... for anyone who watched the VMAs last night... does Lady Gaga's outfit remind you of anything?
    Looks a little like this to me...

For two days straight I have been trying to figure out what that outfit reminded me of. So thanks for pointing that out.

Except that picture is gigantic and needs to be resized, lol. Be glad this isn't LJ....

Also, I like Eminem's face in that picture. He has no idea what to do.
  • I wouldn't have any idea what to do either next to a superstar covered in OK Go wallpaper. Or something a lot like it. But is that her FACE there? o_o