In this Discussion

Where the cool kids hang out...

edited November -1 in OK Go
Howdy Boardies,

I knew if I looked hard enough I'd find a bunch of people who love OK Go as much as I do. I've only been on board with the guys since they dropped the TKSP(RGV) video...the fun creativity that went into that blew my mind, and the song became an instant classic in the jukebox of my brain. Then White Knuckles dropped and I ordered "OK Go" and "Oh No" through the band's merchandise site (SUPPORT THE BAND...BUY FROM THEM). But I waited for "Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky" because "Extra Nice" version was gonna be released a few months later.

I must truly be addicted because I listen to all three of these records straight through almost every day. I appreciate the way they have busted out of the mold and are crossing into new uncharted artistic territory. I'm so glad to be along for the ride. Wanted to join in the fun for the Dance Parade down in my hometown but couldn't make it on such short notice. But I WOULD HAVE been there otherwise!

Glad to meet you all, and congrats to those who put together the White Knuckles Dance Booth video...count me in next time!

--- Jim ---

Comments

• Hey Jim, welcome to the boards! :-)
  • Hi, Jim! Welcome aboard! Laugh
  • Hello Jim and welcomeSmile
  • Welkies Jim, Hope you have fun on here, it's a wonderful place!
  • Thanks all...glad to be among kindred spirits!
  • Sadly I do have to admit I only listened to tracks 1-7 of Disk 2 of OTBCOTS/ENV today...in so many ways I feel so empty inside! [grin].  But I'm scheming as to how we as boardies could help the boys make intertube history again. Stay tuned. I'm hatching a plan! If you're up for it, I'll soon tell you how to get involved.
  • I may be new here, but I've been scheming for a while what I'd do if I found me a whole bunch of OK Go fans! Wink
  • Hi Jim, and welcome. You have indeed found a whole bunch of OK Go fans. What would the collective noun be: a passel of paracadets? I bet you all have coined/ could coin some better ones...
  • ChristelAdina came up with the term Paracadets! LaughLaugh

Welcome, Jim!!!
  • Yes, of course she did! Just as she coined the wonderful "VernaKulash."  :-)

I'm sorry, I thought it was firmly established that Christel coined those terms. And I love "paracadet"! I was just looking for a better collective noun... like "passel of" or "flight of" or "pod of." "Passel of" paracadets doesn't sound that great. Maybe "parade of" paracadets? Still, I think there's a better collective noun out there.

We no longer seem to be able to edit past posts. Which is sad.
  • PemiBlue said:

Yes, of course she did! Just as she coined the wonderful "VernaKulash."  :-)

I'm sorry, I thought it was firmly established that Christel coined those terms. I was just asking for collective nouns… like…. "passel of" paracadets… or "parade of" paracadets, maybe…

We no longer seem to be able to edit past posts. Which is sad, because I wish I could go back and clarify.

I said a "Parade of Paracadets" somewhere, but what I really want is for us to be a plethora of paracadets. Wink
  • Yes!!! That's the direction... the more the merrier.  Laugh
  • I looked it up...the plural of "paracadute" is...(ta-daaaah)..."paracadute." So I guess we're a pack o' paracadute. Laugh
  • Really? I would have thought it would be something like "paracadutti"! In the faux Italian of my imagination, "all the fans" might have been "tutti paracadutti." But alas actual Italian does not conform to the rules of my imaginary Italian. I'm glad you looked it up... pack o' paracadute is very good!
  • Welcome Jimmy! (if I may call you that) and welcome to the boards, it's great to have you here. We're a friendly bunch so I'm sure you'll feel at home in no time. It's always great to have new people discover that awesomeness that is OK Go.
  • PemiBlue said:

Really? I would have thought it would be something like "paracadutti"! In the faux Italian of my imagination, "all the fans" might have been "tutti paracadutti." But alas actual Italian does not conform to the rules of my imaginary Italian. I'm glad you looked it up… pack o' paracadute is very good!

All the fans would be tutti fanatici.

Now, I'm thinking about ice cream in upturned parachute-shaped dishes (tutti paracadutti would be a fantastic flavor name!). Laugh
  • ChristelAdina said:

PemiBlue said:

Really? I would have thought it would be something like "paracadutti"! In the faux Italian of my imagination, "all the fans" might have been "tutti paracadutti." But alas actual Italian does not conform to the rules of my imaginary Italian. I'm glad you looked it up… pack o' paracadute is very good!

All the fans would be tutti fanatici.

Now, I'm thinking about ice cream in upturned parachute-shaped dishes (tutti paracadutti would be a fantastic flavor name!). Laugh

Yes! I LOVE that idea!!! Laugh Now, what would the flavor include? A little Nougat de Nordwind? A mix-in of Kap'n Kanopka's Krunch? What else? I sense there's something with gulash... but that doesn't sound too tasty with ice cream!
  • Whatever the flavors would be, there would definitely be confetti sprinkles!
  • Nice! OK, now I'm hungry... *goes in search of ice cream*