In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• daisychains said:

I just saw it. I have to say: NEVER watch with your particular mom sitting right next to you. The entire performance will be interjected with thoughts and questions about their manparts.

But either than that, it was ah-MAZING. I loved every bit of it, and it was freaking cool to watch the other half of the performance.

LOL! Daisychains, your mom sounds just like mine!
  • For those of you who didn't get a chance to catchit the first time, the "Muppets Cover" is back online, plus an article. Have a read and listen here. http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=122&title=ok_go_the_muppet_show_theme_exclusive_fr&more=1&c=1&tb=1&p
  • Hey kids, don't forget the boys are on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno this evening. They'll be performing with the Muppets, so I'm fairly certain it's going to be amazing.
  • beckysioux said:

Hey kids, don't forget the boys are on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno this evening. They'll be performing with the Muppets, so I'm fairly certain it's going to be amazing.

Becky! You of all people!

"Fairly certain it's going to be amazing"? What ever happened to "100% without a doubt in my mind its going to be amazing"? That's the Becky I like to hear :D

• If you haven't seen this yet, Pop Up Video takes on HIGA. It's pretty awesome. Though I knew just about all the trivia.

Did any of you learn something new?
  • beckysioux said:

If you haven't seen this yet, Pop Up Video takes on HIGA. It's pretty awesome. Though I knew just about all the trivia.

I learned that VH1 censors out the word "Jesus."
  • I didn't know Damian kicked a hole in one of the treadmills.
  • DWYW is played for the commercial of the Horrible Bosses DVD release.  Also, I was watching VH1 this morning and the top 100 songs of the past decade was on and Damian and Tim are two of the many, many celebs giving commentary.  Fyi, Damian refers to "Hot in Here" by Nelly as timeless and Tim can relate to Jay-Z "99 Problems".
  • beckysioux said:

If you haven't seen this yet, Pop Up Video takes on HIGA. It's pretty awesome. Though I knew just about all the trivia.

I didn't know the rental of the treadmills went on Trish's credit card!
  • This should be interesting. Looks like this film will not only have music by the band but may even have some performance footage in it:

It's a film called "Junk," and acccording to the film's FB page, it will be coming out in 2012.
  • Holy balls!!!
  • ... Oh, how so many questions can come from 1 minute of footage...

1) When did they decide to be a part of this film?

2) When did they go to perform live for the movie?

3) When they say "Music by OK Go", do they mean all the music in the movie is going to be an OK Go collection?

4) WHY DID THEY NEVER TELL US ABOUT THIS?!?!?! It's not bad at all, but you know, a little heads up is nice :)
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

4) WHY DID THEY NEVER TELL US ABOUT THIS?!?!?! It's not bad at all, but you know, a little heads up is nice :)

I think they prefer making fandom a perpetual egg hunt … keeps peeps actively involved …

*Edit: Oh, ha.  Unintentional pun there with "peeps."
  • laydeejol said:

Here's a neat vid of the boys on the Muppets movie premiere!

http://www.dailymotion.com/vid.....vals_music

Smile

They're so swell.  

Is that NPH way over to the right?
  • The boys are going to be on Fuse TV's "Top 40 of 2011". There are two parts. Part 1 airs on Tuesday, December 6th, Part 2 airs on Wednesday, December 7th. I don't know if OK Go will be in Part 1 or Part 2, I just know that they are one of the 40 chosen.

And the reason I know is because I was approached by Fuse TV to use some of the footage I took of the boys at President Obama's 50th Birthday Party. Now, I won't know if any of my footage will actually be used until the show airs. So, cross your fingers!

These are the vids they asked to use (if you were curious):

All Is Not Lost
    This Too Shall Pass
    Happy Birthday, Mr. President
  • Looks like we will be seeing an animated OK Go.

MTV CLOSES AN AMAZING YEAR IN ANIMATION WITH THE SEASON FINALES OF “MIKE JUDGE’S BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD” AND “GOOD VIBES,” AIRING ON THURSDAY, DECEMBER 29 AT 10:00PM ET/PT

Then at 11:00p.m. the season finale event continues with a second episode, featuring a special appearance by the band OK Go. Babs worries that she has been too lax as a parent after being called into the principal’s office because Mondo has chosen his college applications by the “slut to teacher ratio.” When the Oceanus music festival comes to Playa, Babs takes it as an opportunity to step up her parenting skills. Though the night starts out with Mondo on a short leash – literally – it ends with Babs getting him backstage to see OK GO, and majorly impress Jeena.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow…

ETA: Did anyone else's mind go to a naughty place when you read they were going to be on a show called "Good Vibes" or was that just me?
  • If you haven't seen them animated yet, here ya go:

(Totally stolen from their FB page.)

I'm very excited to see this. Love that the girl is wearing an OK Go shirt. And Tim looks pretty much dead on, except for the height. And what's up with Dan's unibrow?
  • beckysioux said:

If you haven't seen them animated yet, here ya go:

(Totally stolen from their FB page.)

I'm very excited to see this. Love that the girl is wearing an OK Go shirt. And Tim looks pretty much dead on, except for the height. And what's up with Dan's unibrow?

Tim looks great and I like that they included Andy's black tie. Don't know what is up with Dan's unibrow, either. And the chick's Tshirt! It's even an actual shirt, not just a generic T with OK Go writen on it.

I ran into the living room and asked, "Honey? Do we get MTV??" Hubby doesn't even wonder at these out of the blue (colour of the sky) questions anymore. Smile (and yes, we do)
  • So, for those who saw the show, what did y'all think?

Personally, I think the show sucks. But so does most of MTV's programming.

As for the boys in cartoon form, they were pretty awesome. Listening to the voices though, I wasn't too sure if Dan and Tim lent their vocal talent or not. It was totally Damian's voice and I'm pretty sure it was aross' voice, but the other two just didn't seem right. Maybe it's because they were animated so they made their voices animated. And did aross have an accent in the bit where they were walking on the stage? I could've sworn I heard an accent.

And people, mini Rube Goldberg Machine. Loved it.

And the best of the best, they "played" White Knuckles and This Too Shall Pass!! No more fucking Here It Goes Again. I like HIGA as a song and I don't skip it as much as I used to when it shuffles on, but I'm so damn tired of them being tied to that one song when they have so many other ones that are equally as fun or just fucking better.

Okay. I feel better now.

I don't know if this will be available online, and if it will be, I don't know when. Keep your eyes peeled kids and post it here if you come across it.

Now tell me, what'd you think?