In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• Love the guys.  Damain's joking with the kid was really funny.  The show wasn't the best or worst I've ever seen, but I doubt I'll be watching it again.  And yes, hearing White Knuckles instead of HIGA was VERY cool.  I'll be making my roomies watch it this weekend.  :)
  • The episode is up on the MTV website.

Good Vibes: Backstage Babs

They're on at 18:45.
  • :D So happy right now. I totally skipped through most of the show. I've never been a fan of MTV shows and I didn't really feeling like watching the whole thing.

But their part was amazing! :D 
  • "He's a Kulash; he can take it."  XD  That and the Rube Goldberg machine made the whole episode worthwhile.  I did watch the whole thing and it was all right, but I won't be tuning in to the show again.  I agree with you, Becky, that Tim and Dan didn't sound like themselves, but I also thought Damian didn't sound like himself when they were up on stage and he was speaking through the mic, so maybe it was the cartoon effect?  Still, it was nice as a little tide-you-over sort of thing until the band's next project and I'm glad I watched it.  Thanks for posting that link!
  • I just wanted to say thanks to you all and this post for being able to catch that GV ep on time for a change and not my usual habit of coming across it say, next year (I am so behind, lol!)

I recorded it and wound up watching late, then fell asleep! I had no idea what was going on, down to like, the last part of the show thinking "oh damn I missed seeing them!" and it turned out to be perfect timing, phew! hehe

Have to agree about the voices seeming a bit off, but most of that I can't determine because there's no real face to voice recognition. That always makes it tougher. But still...show!!! I'm giddy to see them in anything, yes yes Kiss

Oh, I was stalk...I mean looking up more stuff on them and apologize if this has been posted before. The article lists this as a marketing fail, but being ever the hardcore fan, it still looked like a great time! Well, whatever I could make of the included video, the camera dude was moving a lot, bless him, and I got motion sick, lol:

http://weallmakemusic.com/marketing-fail-ok-go-performing-underwater/
  • Serotonin said:

I recorded it and wound up watching late, then fell asleep! I had no idea what was going on, down to like, the last part of the show thinking "oh damn I missed seeing them!" and it turned out to be perfect timing, phew! hehe

You recorded it?!?! Could you put it online because the show didn't air in Canada, and I can't see on the MTV site because I'm out of "Region". But if you can't a summary of what happened is nice too!
  • Hey there! I spent a while trying to figure a way to help, but I don't have anything set up for putting anything online. I hate the region restrictions so much! Anyway, I hope a transcript will help :)

--------------

Babs: Hey kids, let me introduce you to some of my old friends...

Damian Kulash and OK Go!

Damian: (to Mondo) Son! So happy to meet you after all these years. I can see the resemblance!

Nah, I'm just messing! Or am I?

(Mondo, silent, shocked)

Damian: Yes, I am.

Babs: Damian...

Damian: Come on, he's a Kulash, he can take it.

Just kidding, man. Just kidding.

(to Jeena) I'm guessing you're a fan?

Jeena: (gaping) Habbidyhabba

Mondo: Very smooth.

Dan: These hot dogs look [bleep] awesome!

Tim: Yeah, just need some condiments.

[The guys put on safety goggles.

Tim pushes a toy truck into dominoes, they collapse up a ramp and one falls onto a mouse trap that snaps and pulls a string to a suspended whisky bottle that pours into a shot glass on a balance beam, causing it to tip, which then pulls a string connected to scissors that cuts a string holding a guitar strap on a guitar that falls on three bottles of green, red, and yellow (like their suits) that shoot out at Tim, Andy, and Dan, covering the hot dog, and most of the guys]

Andy: Seriously, there's got to be a better way.

---

[V.O. Ladies and gentlemen -- OK GO!]

Dan: That's our band.

Tim: Let's do this, man, yeah.

Andy: Have a good show, all right.

Damian: Can I get one more whiskey?

[Band performs - White Knuckles]

Damian: I'd like to personally dedicate this one to and old friend, Babs Brando,

and to my new friend, Habbidyhabba.

Jeena: That's me!

[Band performs - This Too Shall Pass]

Jeena: My favorite song. Thank you Mondo, this was the best night ever.

[Credits]
  • I agree about Tim and Dan's voices sounding off, but they're definitely them.  I rewatched.  Definitely them. :-D

Math is 23!!!!
  • Hey kids :) xmas came late, but here's a link to the MTV Good Vibes epi 12: http://movpod.net/3xj4joqlbrwp

I'm still... watching it. for the 3rd time now of course. ;) 

HUPPIE 2o12!!! May this new year bring all of us heaps of fun, love and loads of OK Go <3 

P.S. I SWEAR they made it so that every single entry requires a 23 :D :D :D xxxxxx
  • I chortled heartily.  Thanks for posting the link. Smile
  • I finally got to watch it! Thanks, ladeejol! And they got one part right: Damian always needs a drink onstage.
  • The boys' "This Too Shall Pass" will be on the soundtrack for The Vow which stars Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum.

'The Vow' Soundtrack Features The National, Lykke Li, OK Go, The Cure & More

Though I wonder why the article embedded the Marching Band version. I think it'd be weird to have that version in a movie. Am I wrong?
  • Sweet, good for them!
    Yeah, I doubt it--Web writer or editor probably just found it entertaining. Or found that one first on YouTube.
  • I found this while web surfing, and I don't know where else to put it.  I am betting that this has made the rounds before, but for those who (like me) haven't been around that long, check this out (hilarious).

http://www.kardiackids.com/breakfast.html
  • BeckiWitte said:

I found this while web surfing, and I don't know where else to put it.  I am betting that this has made the rounds before, but for those who (like me) haven't been around that long, check this out (hilarious).

http://www.kardiackids.com/breakfast.html

There's an entire thread on The Kardiac Kids. Go there and explore more things you haven't seen yet with The Kardiac Kids.
  • I love the Kardiac Kids.  I wish we could still see all the episodes.
  • Damian will be on "Hoppus on Music" on Fuse TV on my birthday aka February 23rd. I wonder what Damian and Mark will talk about...
  • DVR, go!  Also, I found a couple more YouTube videos from that Young Hollywood interview Damian did, with topics more varied than the Grammy awards.  So here they are, just 'cause.  I especially like the second.

• Here are some pics from the "Hoppus on Music" interview. Can anyone figure out how to make the pics bigger? Also, are his socks pink or orange?
  • So I was watching "Freakonomics" last night, because I am a documentary slut and I loved the book.  By the way I recommend  it, it is very good (the book is better).  Well when the movie ended, who was playing the closing titles, but OK GO?  It was "This Too Shall Pass" and, naturally, I knew it from the first note.  What surprised me was that my husband did as well.  I looked at him and he gave me that "You only watched this because of OK Go" look.  You know that look right?  Well I told him that I had no idea that they were music in this piece and he didn't believe me!  

Anyhow, the point is this:  "This Too Shall Pass"  it the closing title song in "Freakonomics".