In this Discussion

Andy

Comments

• I wanna see pics!!!!  I'm supa excited for you!!!!!!
  • OK, that can be arranged.  My husband is a good photpgrapher.
  • BeckiWitte said:

(High-pitched squealy voice)

Guess what came in the mail today!!!  (Scream) Andy's SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my god!! (repeat many, many times)  AND  He Signed it!!!!!!!!!!!  (leaping around and screaming)

You know, the written word fails me.  I wish I could really let you guys know how thrilled I am.

Yay!! Laugh
  • That's so exciting, Becki! Congrats!

And, yeah, we need pics! Laugh
  • Hey guys,

Could you please bring this conversation over to the 180/365 thread? I know that this was Andy's suit, but all the talk about the suits and the contest and the what not are over in the 180/365 thread. It's a bit more relevant over there.

Thanks.
  • Here's a Q&A with aross about techy things.

Q&A with Andy Ross

The best thing about the interview is this:

When did you last disconnect? We just shot a new video for our song "Needing/Getting". It was definitely one of our most ambitious videos and required us to shoot in the middle of the desert. There was no internet or cell serivce at all and we were out there for almost a week. It was a forced discconnet and the days were long, so a little internet could've helped.

I am so excited about this! I really did think that they were done with videos for OTBCOTS since it's been about 2 years since the album dropped. AND N/G is my favorite song off the album, not only because it's simply beautiful, but it is deeply personal as it helped me through a difficult time in my life. I am crossing my fingers that this video is on par with All Is Not Lost as I would be a bit devastated if it matched Last Leaf. But ya know, it really isn't my call, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how they approached this vid.
  • beckysioux said:

Here's a Q&A with aross about techy things.

Q&A with Andy Ross

The best thing about the interview is this:

When did you last disconnect? We just shot a new video for our song "Needing/Getting". It was definitely one of our most ambitious videos and required us to shoot in the middle of the desert. There was no internet or cell serivce at all and we were out there for almost a week. It was a forced discconnet and the days were long, so a little internet could've helped.

I am so excited about this! I really did think that they were done with videos for OTBCOTS since it's been about 2 years since the album dropped. AND N/G is my favorite song off the album, not only because it's simply beautiful, but it is deeply personal as it helped me through a difficult time in my life. I am crossing my fingers that this video is on par with All Is Not Lost as I would be a bit devastated if it matched Last Leaf. But ya know, it really isn't my call, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how they approached this vid.

YAY FOR N/G VIDEO! I think we can all agree this is one video that needs to be done. In a desert, huh? I wonder what they were scheming way out there... Can this have anything to do with the Car Air Freshener Quiz? I REALLY whant to know what that was for...
  • New video!!!!!!!!!!  Best news I've heard all year!  Really best news since Thanksgiving when their last video dropped.  I can't wait to see what they have come up with now.
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:
    Can this have anything to do with the Car Air Freshener Quiz? I REALLY whant to know what that was for...

It would really surprise me if it did.  I mean, those scent choices were oddly specific for something that was going to be solely A/V.  I just assumed that it was new Merch.

Can this have anything to do with the Car Air Freshener Quiz? I REALLY whant to know what that was for…

i thought it was fairly obvious that was so they knew which scent to spray the boys down with before having fans drive them to their shows to save on touring costs...
  • I love the way you think, Dabs.
  • Here's a neat chat with Andy and Eytan about their inBloom app, with a promise that the Needing/Getting video will be awesome:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/.....p-inbloom/
  • darbie_starpower said:

magnoliamaggiemag said:

Can this have anything to do with the Car Air Freshener Quiz? I REALLY whant to know what that was for…

i thought it was fairly obvious that was so they knew which scent to spray the boys down with before having fans drive them to their shows to save on touring costs...

*shakes with silent laughter, intermittent hilarified throat-laugh noises*

YAY FOR N/G VIDEO! I think we can all agree this is one video that needs to be done. In a desert, huh? I wonder what they were scheming way out there... Can this have anything to do with the Car Air Freshener Quiz? I REALLY whant to know what that was for...

DJRose said:

It would really surprise me if it did.  I mean, those scent choices were oddly specific for something that was going to be solely A/V.  I just assumed that it was new Merch.

My thoughts went immediately to video (and stayed there) for that car air freshener thing, too, even though new merch seems like the ridiculously obvious and sensical conclusion.  Guess that shows how much I've been programmed to take "upcoming project" to mean new video.  Part of what was so fascinating about this was how the hell band member "scents" were going to figure into a video ...

*slaps silly self in the head*
  • sherib said:

My thoughts went immediately to video (and stayed there) for that car air freshener thing, too, even though new merch seems like the ridiculously obvious and sensical conclusion.  Guess that shows how much I've been programmed to take "upcoming project" to mean new video.  Part of what was so fascinating about this was how the hell band member "scents" were going to figure into a video ...

*slaps silly self in the head*

Well, maybe they'll send us scratch n' sniff cards. Or you can get them at an HMV... MAYBE THEY'LL MAKE HMV THEIR SPONSOR! Or maybe Ford. They've made lots of partnerships with YouTubers... Oo-Oo-Oo-Oo! Maybe they'll be using CARS in the video! Like those cheesy driving down one straight in the middle of a desert scenes! And they find an oasis! With coffee beans! And cinnamon! And all the other scents!

......... This is what happens when you leave my brain to its own devices.......

• You just jogged my memory actually--I wanna say shortly before the scent survey was when the pic of a quarter of Damian's face in a Humvee or something was put up on their FB and I want to say that that post said they were working on something too ... so all of this converged into my thought process re: video at the time.
  • Ladies feast your eyes on this: our (sunburnt and) cherub-faced darling features in the 2012 charityFit calendar! http://bit.ly/xElfY9
  • Ladies feast your eyes on this: our (sunburnt and) cherub-faced darling features in the 2012 charityFit calendar! http://bit.ly/xElfY9

(this is doubled, pls DELETE!)
  • Umm, What?!  How did that happen?!