In this Discussion

Favorite OKGO Song

Comments

• if it has never been officially released it might be ok. but i dont know.
  • QUOTE (Susan @ Jun 16 2005, 05:55 PM)
    I have a copy of it (T's Song)...I got it on a demo cd that I bought from someone on eBay a long time ago called "Appendices"...it has 18 tracks on it...everything from very early versions of songs to covers to originals (like T's Song) that were never officially released.  I could email them to Seifer's Yahoo account...I just wasn't sure if it would be appropriate???

Susan

p.s.  I also have a "Six Song Demo" that actually has Damian's contact info (including a phone number!)...I could post that, too (the songs, not the phone number!)...but I just wasn't sure if that was kosher either...

p.p.s.  I'm not trying to flaunt what I have...I would be happy to share, but Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore specifically asked that we limit sharing to live material...and this isn't...hmmm...maybe I just answered my own question...

i had my eye on that Appendices thing when it was on ebay but i think it sold for waaaay too much so i couldnt afford it sad.gif wanted it SOOOO badly too! i did get my hands on the six song demo thing though. that was pretty cool.

how are the songs on the Appendices?
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Jun 16 2005, 06:16 PM)
    i had my eye on that Appendices thing when it was on ebay but i think it sold for waaaay too much so i couldnt afford it sad.gif wanted it SOOOO badly too! i did get my hands on the six song demo thing though. that was pretty cool.

how are the songs on the Appendices?

For the most part, really good...and the only place I've seen "T's Song", which alone makes it totally worth checking out!

Susan
  • Damn...I really want that. lol.
  • QUOTE (Susan @ Jun 16 2005, 09:55 PM)
    I have a copy of it (T's Song)...I got it on a demo cd that I bought from someone on eBay a long time ago called "Appendices"...it has 18 tracks on it...everything from very early versions of songs to covers to originals (like T's Song) that were never officially released.  I could email them to Seifer's Yahoo account...I just wasn't sure if it would be appropriate???

Never officially released, you say. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore wouldn't have a problem with it then. Please send it.
  • QUOTE (OK Matt @ Jun 17 2005, 06:41 AM)
    Never officially released, you say. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore wouldn't have a problem with it then. Please send it.

Okay...did it. Hope it's okay...

If so, I can send more.

Susan
  • wow i wish i had that cd......... im so jealous thanks for postin up t's song
  • QUOTE (Seifer @ Jun 17 2005, 12:09 PM)
    wow i wish i had that cd......... im so jealous  thanks for postin up t's song

I can put the rest up, if you think that's okay...

Susan
  • ya that would be great! if Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore gets wants us take it down we can take em down. but i think its ok since they weren t officially released, i mean they dont even sell apprendices at the ok go site. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Seifer @ Jun 17 2005, 01:00 PM)
    ya that would be great! if Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore gets wants us take it down we can take em down. but i think its ok since they weren t officially released, i mean they dont even sell apprendices at the ok go site.  sad.gif

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting these songs sent...keep your eye out for new ones!

Susan
  • great! thanks susan
  • QUOTE (Seifer @ Jun 18 2005, 02:47 PM)
    great! thanks susan

Do you think I should post the "Six Song Demo" tracks, too? Track listing is: Fuzz, Bruise Grey, Bye Bye Baby, Laserlight Sister, Aren't We Dozy?, and A Christian, Two Friends and Some Spiders. These are earlier and different sounding versions of songs that were later officially released (except Laserlight Sister, which was never officially released).

Susan
  • QUOTE (Susan @ Jun 18 2005, 07:39 PM)
    Do you think I should post the "Six Song Demo" tracks, too?  Track listing is:  Fuzz, Bruise Grey, Bye Bye Baby, Laserlight Sister, Aren't We Dozy?, and A Christian, Two Friends and Some Spiders.  These are earlier and different sounding versions of songs that were later officially released (except Laserlight Sister, which was never officially released).

Susan

While I'd love to say "yes! post them!", I'm not sure. Is the Bye Bye Baby version the same version that's on the EP we can buy on the site? If so, then don't post it. If the songs (or these versions) haven't been released, then I'd assume it would be ok to post.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 18 2005, 10:45 PM)
    While I'd love to say "yes! post them!", I'm not sure. Is the Bye Bye Baby version the same version that's on the EP we can buy on the site? If so, then don't post it. If the songs (or these versions) haven't been released, then I'd assume it would be ok to post.

No, they're different versions. I thought someone here had this "Six Song Demo", too and maybe could tell me what he/she thinks. I mean, they're different versions, but are songs that have been released (except for Laserlight Sister), so...

Susan
  • different versions its ok to post laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Seifer @ Jun 19 2005, 01:12 AM)
    different versions its ok to post  laugh.gif

Done. I have some live stuff I will put up, too...later...

Susan
  • Did I miss something? I see that the songs I sent to the Yahoo! account have been deleted...

Susan

p.s. I apologize if I shouldn't have posted them in the first place...

QUOTE (Seifer @ Jun 19 2005, 01:12 AM)
    different versions its ok to post  laugh.gif
  • i lurve hello my trecherous friends.its a beautiful song and ppl dont get it.
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Sep 8 2005, 07:04 PM)
    i lurve hello my trecherous friends.its a beautiful song and ppl dont get it.

people don't get that it's truly, honestly about spiders? tongue.gif
  • I always really loved that song...until I found out it was about spiders. I hate spiders. Ok, so I still love it, but I still hate spiders. How much does OK Go rock because they wrote a song about spiders? So cool. biggrin.gif