In this Discussion

Favorite OKGO Song

Comments

• i love spiders. my dad had a pet teranchula before i was born n met my mom, and when it died he had it like completely covered in glass so it looks extreamely huge.his name is herby.hes a paperweight. i keep him on my nightstand.i love him dearly. is that creepy???

i dont like little spiders...

what do u mean the songs about spiders? lol i didnt even kno what the song was about..i just thought it was perty.
  • I know what that song's about from an interview that I read ages ago, it's a lengthy explanation though, but here goes...
    Damian had just moved to a new town ("this town that I'm new to") with his girlfriend, and they found a spider web with several spiders in it in the corner of their apartment. Damian wants to get rid of them, but his girlfriend wants to keep them because their "our children", hence "newborn arachnid kids". As for the song's title, Damian had just been "screwed in really annoying ways" by some friends, hence "treacherous".
    Which pretty much explains it.
  • Ok. Really, I was so disappointed that I could only vote once. I chose Return simply because I get teary eyed just belting along (badly, mind you) with the song; it's so beautiful. However, Don't Ask Me is probably tied, but I figured it was already pretty high up so I decided to give Return some love.

...and that folks, was my unnaturally long and detailed response to a simple poll. Love!
  • why is there so little votes for C-C-Cinnamon lips... Major Tim Rockage Rocks my world...
  • Long post!

Umm, I don't think I ever posted my fave songs here, although I already voted...c'est curieuse...

Favourite song period: "You're So Damn Hot." I love it. It's so cheeky and fun and it's the first OK Go song I'd ever heard.

Favourites from OK Go: "YSDH," "Return," and "Bye Bye Baby"
    Favourites from Oh, No: "Oh, Lately It's So Quiet" (<3 <3 <3!!! also, apparently it's Damian's fave from Oh, No, too, which is cool biggrin.gif), "Invincible," and "A Million Ways"
    Favourite song that's not on an album: "This Will Be Our Year." The '08 Democratic candidate, whomever s/he is, should use this song as like, their campaign anthem. It would be great.
    Favourite live recording: "Jessie's Girl/Get Over It." I'm obsessed with Damian's voice on that recording.

I know what that song's about from an interview that I read ages ago, it's a lengthy explanation though, but here goes...
    Damian had just moved to a new town ("this town that I'm new to") with his girlfriend, and they found a spider web with several spiders in it in the corner of their apartment. Damian wants to get rid of them, but his girlfriend wants to keep them because their "our children", hence "newborn arachnid kids". As for the song's title, Damian had just been "screwed in really annoying ways" by some friends, hence "treacherous".
    Which pretty much explains it.

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I love all the thought and meaning that he puts into his songwriting. Who would have known?

I chose Return simply because I get teary eyed just belting along (badly, mind you) with the song; it's so beautiful.

Oh, I still get teary-eyed listening to "Return." I discovered OK Go and their first album during a really really difficult time of my life, and a lot of the songs still hold a lot of emotional meaning for me. "Return" is one of them. I can't listen to OK go without thinking about my senior year...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 24 2005, 12:13 AM)
    Favourite live recording: "Jessie's Girl/Get Over It." I'm obsessed with Damian's voice on that recording.

Couldn't agree with you more.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 19 2006, 01:26 AM)
    Couldn't agree with you more.

It's so.....it's so odd to hear him singing, "I wish that I had Jessie's girl" when he could honestly get any girl he wanted...or at least, I think he probably could...
  • Haha, yeah. My mom's friend was over earlier tonight and I was showing her some polaroids from the show I went to, and she had no idea who they were and she was like, "Aww, has he graduated yet??"
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 19 2006, 02:44 AM)
    Haha, yeah. My mom's friend was over earlier tonight and I was showing her some polaroids from the show I went to, and she had no idea who they were and she was like, "Aww, has he graduated yet??"

OMG HAHAHAHAHA!!! Were they polaroids from a recent show?

Regardless, that's probably such a common occurrence...nobody ever thinks he's 30...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 19 2006, 01:46 AM)
    OMG HAHAHAHAHA!!! Were they polaroids from a recent show?

Regardless, that's probably such a common occurrence...nobody ever thinks he's 30...

Haha the show was on 4th, I think. She called me a liar when I told her how old he is. And then she decided Dan's the hot one and I'm just blind.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 19 2006, 02:47 AM)
    Haha the show was on 4th, I think.  She called me a liar when I told her how old he is. And then she decided Dan's the hot one and I'm just blind.

Hahahahaha. I think I've said this somewhere else, but I've noticed that in the past year, Damian has started to look a little older.

And by "older" I mean 26.

Also, I think Dan is hot as well. Actually, no offense to whomever started the "Who's the hottest" thread, but I think that whole debate is just dumb. They're all hot, in their own special ways. The hotness that is Damian Kulash is not nearly the same as the hotness that is Damian Kulash AND Tim Nordwind AND Andy "Rusty" Ross AND Dan Konopka.

They're kind like Captain Planet. Like, their collective powers of hotness combine to save the environment and make the world a better place. biggrin.gif
  • Yeah, exactly. I mean, even if you were lucky enough to date one of them, you would desperately want to have affairs with the other three. It's just inevitable, friends.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 19 2006, 07:09 AM)
    Yeah, exactly. I mean, even if you were lucky enough to date one of them, you would desperately want to have affairs with the other three. It's just inevitable, friends.

Agree'd. It'd be like we were fucking kids in a candy shop ("no, wait, I want THAT one now!")
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Feb 19 2006, 11:35 AM)
    Agree'd.  It'd be like we were fucking kids in a candy shop ("no, wait, I want THAT one now!")

Agreed.
    They're kind like Captain Planet. Like, their collective powers of hotness combine to save the environment and make the world a better place.

Nice. Very nice.
    Lol! I love Captain Planet.
    Captain Planet, he's a hero! Gonna take pollution down to zero! Great..that song is going to forever be stuck in my head...
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Feb 21 2006, 02:42 AM)
    Nice. Very nice.
    Lol! I love Captain Planet.
    Captain Planet, he's a hero! Gonna take pollution down to zero! Great..that song is going to forever be stuck in my head...

OMG, laughing sooooooo hard. laugh.gif
  • "Get Over It" is my fav, for two reasons. It's damn fun to drive around playing that song, windows wide open, music blaring. Plus, my friends and family tend to whine and complain to me and it drives me crazy. So that song has now become my anthem. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 19 2006, 01:09 AM)
    Yeah, exactly. I mean, even if you were lucky enough to date one of them, you would desperately want to have affairs with the other three. It's just inevitable, friends.

My sister has a theory on how to be a good groupie. She bases her theory on what she's learned from Marianne Faithful, groupie of the Rolling Stones who made herself girlfriend to Mick Jagger. (This was all in the 1960s.) My sister's theory states that you start with the quietest person in the band and then work your way up, charming and then heartbreaking each member as you get closer to bagging the leader of the band. That's kind of hard to do when it involves the Ok Go lads. But, at any rate, that is your groupie study guide information for the day. cool.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 19 2006, 03:09 AM)

"Damian, I know I said I loved you, but God, Andy was just all over me last night and I couldn't help myself."
    "Then how did you end up with Tim and Dan, too?"
    "Oh, I thought they were a set, you understand, buy one get one free?"
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 27 2006, 05:11 PM)
    "Damian, I know I said I loved you, but God, Andy was just all over me last night and I couldn't help myself."
    "Then how did you end up with Tim and Dan, too?"
    "Oh, I thought they were a set, you understand, buy one get one free?"

lol!!! Yes, and being the good groupie that you are, he will completly buy every word of it!