In this Discussion

You Rock, Dan!

Comments

• This is going to keep getting bumped and bumped until we all overdose on pelvic-thrusting.

Is the creator of D-D-D-Definitely Dan here on the boards? Because I think we should all hound her (it is a her, right??) and say to get her ass in gear with re-creating the site. Dan deserves mass love! *pumps fist into the air with advocacy*
  • I still shed a tear everytime I think of Dan. Why? Because I missed my opportunity to meet him after the show when I decided to hit the merch table first. He was talking to some other girls, but still, I should've gotten in line......

That website D-D-D-Definitely needs to get started up again.........
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 5 2007, 06:17 AM)
    I still shed a tear everytime I think of Dan. Why? Because I missed my opportunity to meet him after the show when I decided to hit the merch table first. He was talking to some other girls, but still, I should've gotten in line......
    That website D-D-D-Definitely needs to get started up again.........

Dan is indeed DA MAAAAAAAAN!

I've had opportunity to meet him on a couple of occaisions and yesterday he was just so sweet, answering questions and being really chatty. I know the band doesn't have to do that meet and greet thing, so I was so grateful that he took time out to speak to us.

Plus, he's a complete hottie!:D
  • QUOTE (Nettie @ Feb 5 2007, 08:51 AM)
    Dan is indeed DA MAAAAAAAAN!

Plus, he's a complete hottie!:D

I couldn't agree more. More and more and more. biggrin.gif
  • His eyes are just...WOW! wub.gif

This has got to be my FAVOURITE Dan pic [taken by Moi! biggrin.gif]

• QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 4 2007, 10:17 PM)
    I still shed a tear everytime I think of Dan. Why? Because I missed my opportunity to meet him after the show when I decided to hit the merch table first. He was talking to some other girls, but still, I should've gotten in line......

I wonder if I was one of those other girls. Anyway, at the next show, you should just hang out with me because I've talked to Dan at every show I've been to for the past two years. I think that's a pretty good track record. You have to meet him!
  • I was pretty much forced to get a video on my phone of the whole Dan grabbing himself in the 'Million Ways' dance on Sunday night. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 5 2007, 11:41 PM)
    I wonder if I was one of those other girls. Anyway, at the next show, you should just hang out with me because I've talked to Dan at every show I've been to for the past two years. I think that's a pretty good track record. You have to meet him!

Ooh! that would be awesome! Do you think they're gonna come out after their set? Maybe they'll just want to chill and watch Snow Patrol....

If I meet Dan, I think I'll go into shock blink.gif Seriously.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 6 2007, 02:00 PM)
    Ooh! that would be awesome! Do you think they're gonna come out after their set? Maybe they'll just want to chill and watch Snow Patrol....

If I meet Dan, I think I'll go into shock blink.gif Seriously.

I hope they come out after. I'm going to get there pretty early, so if I see them then, I'll tell them to come out and meet the fans after the show. Not that I can really affect their decisions or anything.
  • POOR DAN!!!! THANK GOD HE NO LONGER WORKS AT A GAS STATION!
    I totally had to post this wicked funny Dan story:

Those of you who have worked as a clerk in a gas station, convenience store, or have at least seen Kevin Smith's movie "Clerks" (the original one) know that these types of jobs can be the source of much hilarity. Back in the early nineties, between college and my first "real" job, I worked at Dick's Phillips 66 in Elmhurst, IL. I worked with a guy named Dan Konopka, currently the drummer for the band "OKGO" (Check out their kick-ass new video, link courtesy of the "Bells On" blog). The gas station did not have a convenience store like most nowadays, but we did sell pop, candy, and the cheapest smokes in town ($1.87 at the time). There was always only one of us working at any given time and the bathroom was on the side of the shop and required a key. One evening, towards the end of my shift, Dan showed up and asked if he could have to key so he could use the bathroom before I took off. He soon came back, asking if anyone else had used the bathroom that day. "Yeah, there was one guy", I said.

"Did he have a beard and look sort of like a lumberjack?" Dan asked

"Yeah, he did. Why do you ask?"

"Check this out."

Dan took me back to the bathroom and showed me. This guy had taken a massive, heaping dump on the floor in the opposite corner from the toilet. Then, for good measure, he had rammed the toilet paper roll into the bottom of the bowl. As he grabbed a shovel, Dan informed me that this guy had done this before. There was nothing suspicious about him at the time and he didn't seem pissed off in any way. God only knows how many gas stations this guy has struck around the country.

from http://andsomeguysblog.blogspot.com/2006_08_01_archive.html
  • See, i was lulled into the belief that Dan was really quiet and shy, but meeting him after the KoKo gig changed it, baby!! He is one of the coolest men alive, in my opinion.

And so sweet smile.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 5 2007, 01:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=97588
  • Thanks ih7s! That website definetly needs to come back, Dan needs more love!
  • EDIT// After rereading this, I've decided it needs to be prefaced by the fact that this is the first time I have seen OK Go live, so I pretty much sound like a crazed, obnoxious fangirl.... Sorry.

ahhhhhh we (meliswilis and I) got to meet dan last night!!! we talked to him a few different times, actually.

The first time, he came out and was watching Silversun Pickups.... I couldn't even believe it! I don't know what posessed me to look over, but I thought I was delusional at first.... After confirming that yes, it really was him, I elbowed melissa and just said "OHMYGOD. IT'S DAN." So she went over and talked to him first (I needed a minute to compose myself) and then I went over as well. He is so sweet and so easy to talk to! It was great. He really likes Silversun Pickups & compared them to the Smashing Pumpkins. So we talked for just a minute and he left, but he said he'd come out after their set (but didn't know about the rest of the guys).

I'm glad we stayed in that same spot after he left. Our original spot was in the 2nd row, on Rusty's side. After we talked we were in the front, but off to the side even more. During their set, Dan kept looking over and smiling at us- during one song (now I can't remember which one...Invincible, maybe?) he pointed at us with his drumstick (which induced alot of giddy, fangirlish screaming I have to admit).

After their (amazing!!!) set, we went to buy t-shirts and look around to see if anyone had come out yet. After a while Dan came out (although he ended up being the only one that did). He was on the phone at first, but as soon as he hung up he came over and said "Hey, rockers!!" and gave us hugs wub.gif & talked some more.

Since it was Rusty's birthday yesterday, Damian (idk if Tim was in on it too) presented him with a new guitar onstage... it was absolutely adorable. I was surprised because Dan said that he had no clue that was going to happen.

The last time Dan came up to us, because we were still standing basically in the same spot he left us at, he told us that there was about a 15% chance that any of the other guys would come out... He said that he wasn't as bashful as the rest of them and that he really liked coming out and meeting the fans (which we said we really appreciate!) etc. etc.

It was awesome though because any time we were around Dan we were the only ones talking to him! I don't know if maybe other people didn't recognize him or what, but this whole time he talked to very few people that we noticed... he did say he had family there, so he probably didn't really want to be bombarded by fans in the first place...

... that was probably 1000x more details than anyone cared to read, but I just had to tell it to someone that knows how amazing these types of experiences can be!
  • awesome, misaggie! I really enjoyed reading that!
  • misaggie! best dan story eva!

i luv that he called you rockers tongue.gif

#40 - Object Unknown
    1. Name: Andrew Scott Duncan
    2. Age: 17
    3. Location: Chicago by way of Manchuria
    4. What's your favorite jacket that Dan has worn?:
    Blue vinyl/leather
    5. Would you consider yourself a more cellphone oriented or computer oriented person when it comes to communication and keeping in touch?:
    Cell phone.
    6. Why do you love the Dan man?:
    Tighty whiteys -- need I say more?
    7. If you could be any album, what album would you be and why?:
    "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" by Genesis.

what the frig? old andy is in the dan fanclub? INTENSE

EDIT: gah wait... so is damian, tim and burleigh...
  • QUOTE (missaggie @ Mar 9 2007, 07:37 AM)
    ahhhhhh we (meliswilis and I) got to meet dan last night!!! we talked to him a few different times, actually.

I enjoyed reading that as well! I'm glad you got to meet him. He sounds so nice and sweet.

My brother and I went to the show this past Saturday in San Diego and we saw him watching Silversun Pickups from the side of the stage. I really wanted to just yell out "DAN!" but thought better of it and figured it would be rude since Silversun Pickups were in the middle of their set.

Then...after OK Go's set they all went off stage. But then Dan comes back during the intermission to pick something up or something, I don't really recall. So my brother and I started to yell his name. I was totally like "DAN!! DAN!! DAAANNNNN WE LOVE YOU!", and I was "screaming at the top of my lungs". I swear he heard us, we were only 9 rows back, but unfortunately he didn't react or respond and just hurried backstage. Yeah that kinda broke my heart. sad.gif