In this Discussion

You Rock, Dan!

Comments

• QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jan 18 2007, 05:43 PM)
    Yeah. I've notcied that there is one word associated with each band member--

Damian: "hot"
    Andy: "cute"
    Tim: "awesome"
    Dan: "sweet"

I never thought about that, but you're completely right. And it's completely true, especially with regard to Dan. I hate that he gets overlooked all the time. Drummers always do.
  • I think I'd rather talk to Dan (or maybe Tim) any day because he's just so sweet. I had such a great time talking to him, and he's really good at putting people at their ease so it's easy to talk to him. It's hard for me to talk to Damian cause (though he is generally really nice) he's got the genius/rock-star attitude, and Andy has been 1) unavailable at the shows I've been to and 2) waaaay too attractive for me to handle talking to. Tim is cool and fun to talk to as well, but he doesn't rock his drums or have random convos quite like Dan does. Oh, the awesomeness that is Dan the Man....

oh and my personal word association is slightly different:
    Damian: [rock star] attitude
    Andy: sexy smile.gif
    Tim: awesome
    Dan: sweet
  • QUOTE (azulaco @ Jan 21 2007, 07:57 PM)
    I never thought about that, but you're completely right. And it's completely true, especially with regard to Dan. I hate that he gets overlooked all the time. Drummers always do.

Dude, Dan's got the beat, now let's feed him some wheat! huh.gif I'm sorry, I tried to find a rhyme to further Dan's awesomeness but it appears I've failed at that.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jan 22 2007, 02:26 AM)
    I think I'd rather talk to Dan (or maybe Tim) any day because he's just so sweet. I had such a great time talking to him, and he's really good at putting people at their ease so it's easy to talk to him. It's hard for me to talk to Damian cause (though he is generally really nice) he's got the genius/rock-star attitude, and Andy has been 1) unavailable at the shows I've been to and 2) waaaay too attractive for me to handle talking to. Tim is cool and fun to talk to as well, but he doesn't rock his drums or have random convos quite like Dan does. Oh, the awesomeness that is Dan the Man....

oh and my personal word association is slightly different:
    Damian: [rock star] attitude
    Andy: sexy smile.gif
    Tim: awesome
    Dan: sweet

really?Andy "tagged" as sexy? wow...I wish i could meet them really to "tagg" them in a way that you can't when you only check the interviews...
  • I did not see this little (albeit dated) Dan story posted on this board so I thought it would be appropriate here:

http://www.analogartsensemble.net/2006/01/dan-konopka.html

And it looks like everyone had a previous band (Secret Dakota Ring, Stanley's Joyful Noise, Square, etc), but I didn't see anything about, what I presume to be, Dan's previous band, gaberdine, with a lower case G. (Coincidence perhaps, but really, how many drummers from Chicago are named Dan Konopka?)

http://store.artistdirect.com/nad/music/ar...1194281,00.html
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 23 2007, 05:29 PM)
    (Coincidence perhaps, but really, how many drummers from Chicago are named Dan Konopka?)

No drummers, although there was a criminal from Chicago named Daniel Konopka. I looked this up long, long ago, so perhaps he is no longer a criminal, but it did spook me for a split second. Our sweet, sweet Dan, behind bars? I don't think so. Tattoo? Yes. Criminal? Absolutely not. Not convicted, anyway. laugh.gif
  • I don't think Dan is a criminal, either. For a moment there, I didn't get the relation between Daniel and Dan and just the relation between the "Konopka". tongue.gif But funny discovery, and even if Dan were a criminal, he's the sweet criminal ever. smile.gif
  • Someone should make Dan a Wikipedia page. I keep trying but every so often it gets deleted and just reverts back to OK Go. Poor Dan.
  • Yay, Dan!

I love how he's just kind of got this "Chicago guy" thing about him. Something about the way he talks & jokes with you and the way he asks you questions and gives you shit. He actually reminds me of my doctor (another "Chicago guy"). laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 25 2007, 05:23 PM)
    Yay, Dan!

Now why didn't I think of that?! huh.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jan 25 2007, 05:26 PM)
    Now why didn't I think of that?! huh.gif

lol

(referring back to my edit of that post) Maybe I should start calling him Dr. Dan and wig him out.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 25 2007, 05:28 PM)
    lol

(referring back to my edit of that post) Maybe I should start calling him Dr. Dan and wig him out.

I think you should! Perhaps (if no one knows what it is) that was his secret ambition...ohmy.gif

I've met a lot of drummers in my day (yes I am counting marching band) and I can honestly say that he has been the nicest. He is the heart of the band and he rocks. I know "rocks" typed out seems lame, but I actually screamed it out before typing it so it has greater emphasis. OK I'll just Caps it...DAN YOU FUCK*NG ROCK! Thank you for being so nice to us intense fans!
  • what a nice pic!! He looks really cute!
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Jan 27 2007, 01:09 AM)
    FUCK*NG ROCK!

I love that you edited the "I" and not the "U." laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Jan 26 2007, 11:09 PM)

I've met a lot of drummers in my day (yes I am counting marching band) and I can honestly say that he has been the nicest. He is the heart of the band and he rocks. I know "rocks" typed out seems lame, but I actually screamed it out before typing it so it has greater emphasis. OK I'll just Caps it...DAN YOU FUCK*NG ROCK! Thank you for being so nice to us intense fans!

Sweet!

Dude! your signature ROCKS!!
  • I know Damian is from DC, Tim from Michigan and Rusty from Mass- but I'm ashamed to say I have no idea where Dan is from. I know he went to Columbia in NY and that he met the others in Chicago, but where is he from originally?
    thx.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 28 2007, 04:22 PM)
    I know Damian is from DC, Tim from Michigan and Rusty from Mass- but I'm ashamed to say I have no idea where Dan is from. I know he went to Columbia in NY and that he met the others in Chicago, but where is he from originally?
    thx.

He actually didn't go to Columbia in NY--he went to Columbia College in Chicago (or the Chicago area--? *feels dumb for a moment*). He grew up in Elmhurst, IL, which is in the Chicago suburbs kinda. He's the only real Chicago boy in the band.
  • just came by to bump this thread. cause dan is the coolest. and now i'm offf.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 28 2007, 08:22 PM)
    He actually didn't go to Columbia in NY--he went to Columbia College in Chicago (or the Chicago area--? *feels dumb for a moment*). He grew up in Elmhurst, IL, which is in the Chicago suburbs kinda. He's the only real Chicago boy in the band.

Whoah! Thanks so much, Sheri! I had no idea!