In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• This coffee house I go to on the weekends (The Oasis. Or The O. Whichever) has open-mic nights on Thursday.

Usually, my friends play their guitars and do covers. Anything ranging from Dashboard Confessional to Tenacious D. It's a lot of fun.

But this guy from NO WHERE appeared and decided to sing accapela. No one knew who he was. He just got on the stage after my friend Dan was done playing (He played Johnny Cash's Jackson for us, and his girlfriend took June Carter's part. I got excited and started singing along. smile.gif) and started singing a song. I forgot what it was.

HE WAS AMAZING! His voice was so good. I felt like I was watching American Idol . . . Then he sang Don't Stop Me Now and then he sang I Walk the Line for my friend Cody and I. Cody was in love.

I love it when random people show up at the Oasis and sing for us.
  • I think it's beautiful (though you have to search a bit through the archive): http://www.asofterworld.com
  • ^neat site tonetoile...
    So I'm happy for you guys that are getting some sleep and eating right and studying and getting a social life cause those things are important but when are you coming back???? laugh.gif
  • I agree with you, oknow. But don't worry. I'm making some fresh boar with sauteed medallions of mushrooms and small delicate onions. You are absolutely welcome to join in the feast. (Really, I just saw a snotty French guy make this on tv). Oh, and an egg just exploded in my microwave. Ha! How's that for random?
  • This one's my favorite:
    I agree with you, oknow. But don't worry. I'm making some fresh boar with sauteed medallions of mushrooms and small delicate onions. You are absolutely welcome to join in the feast. (Really, I just saw a snotty French guy make this on tv). Oh, and an egg just exploded in my microwave. Ha! How's that for random?

oof! fresh boar and delicate onions! grr! makes me want to be a burly woodchopping man with a douse of ballet lessons on the side! me want boar. boar eat now. me want to dance. dance good. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Apr 15 2006, 07:43 PM)
    oof! fresh boar and delicate onions! grr! makes me want to be a burly woodchopping man with a douse of ballet lessons on the side! me want boar. boar eat now. me want to dance. dance good. laugh.gif

Lol! You sound straight out of a fairytale or maybe one of the dwarfs from Lord of the Rings. They like to eat good food, probably some boar. Then we make nice coat from left over fur and tusks!
    Lol! You sound straight out of a fairytale or maybe one of the dwarfs from Lord of the Rings. They like to eat good food, probably some boar. Then we make nice coat from left over fur and tusks!

yay! we can be matching vikings! with tusk helmets!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 15 2006, 10:46 AM)
    I think it's beautiful (though you have to search a bit through the archive): http://www.asofterworld.com

YAY! I've only talked to like, three other people who know that website.
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Apr 15 2006, 07:53 PM)
    yay! we can be matching vikings! with tusk helmets!

Arr and ahoy there! (Come on, pirates can't be the only ones to use those cool phrases. The vikings invented it first. But it was in Danish so it sounded completely different.)
  • I had an N64 revival today at my teen center. One of the hippies brought her N64 a few weeks back and, after tyring ourselves out on Mario Party and Pokemon Snap!, we moved on to Mario Kart. After my friend CJ forfeited, it was just me and our director Sam. He won. 8-0 (he won't let me forget it). We were neck-in-neck the entire time. I got so pissed, I spiked the controller and stormed outside. We decided it's the most innocent-appearing game, but, really, THE MOST INTENSE GAME FROM HELL.

Long live Mario Kart.
    Arr and ahoy there! (Come on, pirates can't be the only ones to use those cool phrases. The vikings invented it first. But it was in Danish so it sounded completely different.)

ooh, tough one. I don't know Danish! so I guess I'll just have to make like a bird and say ca-caw, ca-caw!

I had an N64 revival today at my teen center. One of the hippies brought her N64 a few weeks back and, after tyring ourselves out on Mario Party and Pokemon Snap!, we moved on to Mario Kart. After my friend CJ forfeited, it was just me and our director Sam. He won. 8-0 (he won't let me forget it). We were neck-in-neck the entire time. I got so pissed, I spiked the controller and stormed outside. We decided it's the most innocent-appearing game, but, really, THE MOST INTENSE GAME FROM HELL.

Long live Mario Kart.

grr. i hate mario kart!! only cause I suck at it. I'm always going the wrong way or riding in the ocean or in the grass. same with halo. I like old school nintendo though!
  • Video games, some of them are just evil. Ratboy was hopelessly addicted to Final Fantasy 11.
  • oh, I know lots of people addicted to that game! It just never ever ends! It just keeps going and going and going... as u can probably see I'm not a video game playa. I really like the nerdy, pixely, slow, Ponglike games like Tennis or Duck Hunt, those are fun.
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Apr 15 2006, 08:32 PM)
    oh, I know lots of people addicted to that game! It just never ever ends! It just keeps going and going and going... as u can probably see I'm not a video game playa. I really like the nerdy, pixely, slow, Ponglike games like Tennis or Duck Hunt, those are fun.

Duck Hunt rocks! I love that game! I always wanted to shoot the laughing dog rather than the ducks.
  • oooh, what's lasercats? I've never played that game before! sounds like fun! unless it isn't a game and you're just posting that cause it's random... I wish it was lazercatz spelling, it's more fun...
  • Nah, Laser Cats was tonight's hiiiilaaaaarious SNL digital short.
  • oh! who was the guest star and musical guest tonite?