In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jul 28 2006, 05:55 PM)
    HAHA. That's great.
    My family has started expressing their frustration with my voicemail greeting. My mother has complained that it's really annoying to heear What's-His-Name being all "Katy doesn't want to talk to you, obviously" when she really needs to reach me. biggrin.gif

The lovely thing is, I recorded that greeting (and the message Trish left for me on my phone) onto my computer, so now, not only will I not lose them (unless my computer dies or something), but when I get back from France and get my phone back from my brother, I can rerecord said greeting onto my phone. biggrin.gif

Clevvvvvvver.

My friend has that stupid voicemail where she pretends to be having a conversation. You know, the, "hello? Oh hey!....... Sorry, I can't hear you.... speak up!.... I'll just call you back later." Every time someone calls her, you can tell when they get the voicemail because everyone just gets SO ANGRY. Her voicemail onces confused one of the hippies who actually got all flustered and was like, "Oh! You casn't hear me?! Sorry! I... I'll call back later then!" and hung up in a tizzy.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 28 2006, 02:06 PM)
    Clevvvvvvver.

My friend has that stupid voicemail where she pretends to be having a conversation. You know, the, "hello? Oh hey!....... Sorry, I can't hear you.... speak up!.... I'll just call you back later." Every time someone calls her, you can tell when they get the voicemail because everyone just gets SO ANGRY. Her voicemail onces confused one of the hippies who actually got all flustered and was like, "Oh! You casn't hear me?! Sorry! I... I'll call back later then!" and hung up in a tizzy.

My friend Bretty's voice mail used to be the same way! And I was SO MAD when I found out that I was trying to talk to his voicemail greeting, 'cause at the end he was like, "GOTCHA'!" dry.gif

Now his greeting is just the boring electronic voice reading his phone number off. tongue.gif
  • Hahaha. I always look forward to when anyone calls her; I really do adore how angry it makes all my friends.

MSNBC just referenced Star Trek's Tribbles. I giggled.

I'm an intern at an asset managing firm. Yesterday, we had a company lobster bake and all the guys taught me how to eat lobster (as I've been scared of seafood since I was a young'n). I love this job.

Back to graph making. I'm so easily distracted, this is horrible.
  • Haha, Mel Gibson just got busted for DUI.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 28 2006, 07:44 PM)
    Haha, Mel Gibson just got busted for DUI.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Oh Mel Gibson.

What happened, Mel? What happened?
  • This is so funny, everyone I tell starts to laugh uncontrollably. What is it about Mel Gibson..
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 28 2006, 07:52 PM)
    This is so funny, everyone I tell starts to laugh uncontrollably. What is it about Mel Gibson..

The random appearance of erratic facial hair, darling. It makes everyone uncomfortable.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 28 2006, 03:44 PM)
    Haha, Mel Gibson just got busted for DUI.

HAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA laugh.gif
  • Where in the hell is Karleigh and why isn't she answering her goshdarn phone.........?!??!?!!??!?!?!

mad.gif

Now that the "OMGSQUEE!" buzz is over.....I'm bored and nothing to do. *pout*

Geesh, I'm such a complainer......
  • OK. Theory time.
    These popsicles:
    are tricky.

The blue part is, by far, the weakest part of the popsicle. It leaves tteth and tongue blue and is generally less-tasty. However, NO ONE can resist the red part. Therefore, the Firecracker Popsicle makers were tricky. They put cherry at the top so by the time one reached blue, he/she was commited to finishing the pop whereas if blue had been first, the popsicle would have been dismissed in favor of a chipwich, shark pop, &c.

Tricky tricky popsicle makers.
  • I actually had to google what a chipwhich was. This means I'm deprived, yes?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 29 2006, 05:07 AM)
    I actually had to google what a chipwhich was. This means I'm deprived, yes?

Not at all. I had no idea until recently when my friend wrote in for a Chipwich scholarship where he made up a story about building a huge castle out of Chipwiches.

Oh, he also made finals for that scholarship. The story wasn't true at all. It was awesome.
  • By the way, in case anyone was on the edge of their seats waiting for an update (don't lie), Mel Gibson is officially SCREWED.

http://www.perezhilton.com/topics/mel_gibs...er_20060728.php
  • I have an interesting story. I gave my mother this really cool vintage purse for her birthday, and she's been using it for a while now. She went to work the other day at the hospital, and thought it was stolen out of the nurses' station room where she left it. Today she went to work again after 2 days being off and freaking out about our entire family's identities being stolen (apparently she wrote down all of our social's on the back of a business card along with our first names next to it), and guess what she found. Her purse. But where you ask? In the refigerator (sp?) in the nurses station. Apparently she was on the phone when she was coming in for the day and put her purse in there absent mindedly. **shrugs** That's my mom for you.
  • Green apples: you're so underappreciated.

P.S. Last weekend, I went into the city with a couple of friends. We ended up near Central Park where we saw a protest going on. Interested, we joined. It turned out that it was a protest against Cabaret Laws that dictate that clubs must have a certain license in order to permit dancing. Therefore, this was the, "Dancing is not a Cime!" protest. After a brief speech, some people with drums started playing and it become a massive dance party.

I just discovered some pictures that someone took of said protest online. I'm in the blue in picture #19 (I look awful because, since we were sweaty, one of my friends and I poured water on ourselves. We were so dishevled.) One of my friends is in the green on the left. I have no idea who the woman in green is on the right, but she was awesome.

http://www.stratecomm.net/~fritz/gallery/minm
  • Pff, nobody else is here to celebrate the board's mighty return with me.
  • Yesterday, I pet a duck.
  • i like strawberry crunch bars yum