In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 3 2006, 02:20 PM)
    OHMYGOD.

It just dawned on me how excited I should be about going to Rocky Horror again for Halloween.

ohmy.gif You gonna dress up?
  • Hells yes, I'm always Magenta.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2006, 09:18 PM)
    Cause I felt like it.

That's fair.

Hey, why do we have smilies? Especially yellow ones. Why?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 3 2006, 02:22 PM)
    Hells yes, I'm always Magenta.

Hotness. My friend recently played Magenta in a local performance in her city. Magenta owns. <3<3<3

QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 3 2006, 02:22 PM)
    That's fair.

Because without smilies, everything on the internet would seem rude.

And I like yellow.
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 2 2006, 09:22 PM)

Your friendly neighborhood Timpe dentist can explain it to you! First of all, don't smiles make the world a happy place? (Except when they're are sneaky cunning smiles flashed by villans who are set on global domination.)

As for yellow teeth, here ya go: There are three layers to a tooth. There's enamel on the outside, dentin, and then pulp deep inside the tooth. Enamel is clear, almost whitish. Dentin is underneath enamel. Dentin is yellowish. It is the dentin that give your teeth color, not the enamel. Enamel only gives your teeth color when it picks up stains from the food that you eat.

How was that for scientific? laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 3 2006, 02:29 PM)
    Your friendly neighborhood Timpe dentist can explain it to you! First of all, don't smiles make the world a happy place? (Except when they're are sneaky cunning smiles flashed by villans who are set on global domination.)

As for yellow teeth, here ya go: There are three layers to a tooth. There's enamel on the outside, dentin, and then pulp deep inside the tooth. Enamel is clear, almost whitish. Dentin is underneath enamel. Dentin is yellowish. It is the dentin that give your teeth color, not the enamel. Enamel only gives your teeth color when it picks up stains from the food that you eat.

How was that for scientific? laugh.gif

Well Shit, I don't know about everyone else but I love learning completely random and pointless things. TELL US MORE!
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2006, 09:31 PM)
    Well Shit, I don't know about everyone else but I love learning completely random and pointless things. TELL US MORE!

Breath. Not breathing can cause you to die.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 2 2006, 09:32 PM)
    Breath. Not breathing can cause you to die.

LOL @ DAMINA QUOTE.

But hey, Tempe. That was awesome to know. Dang. I'm really interested in the pulp of my teeth now..

& God? I like yellow too.
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 2 2006, 09:39 PM)
    But hey, Tempe. That was awesome to know. Dang. I'm really interested in the pulp of my teeth now..

& God? I like yellow too.

Pulp is a bunch of blood vessels and nerves. What else might you like to know about pulp?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 2 2006, 09:41 PM)
    Pulp is a bunch of blood vessels and nerves. What else might you like to know about pulp?

Is it red/pinkish? Since you said it was blood vessels & nerves. & another question, just to make sure: So the dentin is what makes the surface of our teeth really hard? & the enamel is just a layer above it?

& I just plumb never knew that there were blood vessels & nerves in my teeth. That is so strange.
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 2 2006, 09:43 PM)
    Is it red/pinkish? Since you said it was blood vessels & nerves. & another question, just to make sure: So the dentin is what makes the surface of our teeth really hard? & the enamel is just a layer above it?

& I just plumb never knew that there were blood vessels & nerves in my teeth. That is so strange.

Pulp is reddish. Enamel makes you're teeth hard, dentin is another extra layer underneath the enamel. Dentin protects the pulp, sort of like insulation.

When you need a root canal, it's the pulp they're taking out of your tooth because the pulp has become infected.

Lol, I'm like Beakman all of the sudden with the crazy science facts.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 2 2006, 09:51 PM)
    Pulp is reddish. Enamel makes you're teeth hard, dentin is another extra layer underneath the enamel. Dentin protects the pulp, sort of like insulation.

When you need a root canal, it's the pulp they're taking out of your tooth because the pulp has become infected.

Lol, I'm like Beakman all of the sudden with the crazy science facts.

That's very interesting, very interesting.

Is flossing REALLY that important?
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 2 2006, 09:55 PM)
    That's very interesting, very interesting.
    Is flossing REALLY that important?

yes yes yes! It loosens away the bacteria that can irritate your gums. This same bacteria can also cause problems with the bone that's underneath your gums if the bacteria is left there and not flossed out.

Oh, I just realized something: GO WRITE YOUR ESSAY, GIRL!
    lol
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 2 2006, 10:02 PM)
    yes yes yes! It loosens away the bacteria that can irritate your gums. This same bacteria can also cause problems with the bone that's underneath your gums if the bacteria is left there and not flossed out.

Oh, I just realized something: GO WRITE YOUR ESSAY, GIRL!
    lol

Dang. I haven't flossed in over a year, just because I have braces & I'm wayyyy too lazy to actually sit down for about fifteen minutes to do it.

Haha, thanks for reminding me! I'm just sitting here asking about teeth. Lolz.

BTW guys, I sent my friend a couple of OK Go songs.. I just now her found the profile song on her MySpace to be Oh Lately It's So Quiet happy.gif I rule.
  • People who are unnecessarily rude annoy me.
  • LOLZ SCREENCAP TIMEEE!!!!!11oneoneeleven

• QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 3 2006, 03:15 PM)
    LOLZ SCREENCAP TIMEEE!!!!!11oneoneeleven

That video was the first time I saw OK Go and I thought Damian was a funny looking monkey geek.

Definitely not the hot stuff I think he is now.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2006, 10:22 PM)
    That video was the first time I saw OK Go and I thought Damian was a funny looking monkey geek.

Definitely not the hot stuff I think he is now.

Yeah, that video was really blurry.. gives Damian NO justice whatsoever.
  • I just referred to him as the Freakishly Tall Guy for a while. Then I saw the DWYW video and thought he was sexified.
  • He is just so sexy in that video. I can't stand it! But was it just me, or did his face seem a bit more square in that video. Hmmm.