In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• *to butt in*

I used to be an active member on the LPA, which was like the most popular non-official Linkin Park Messageboard ever (or at least it was when I was active), but people always got so snarky & attitude-y when you accidentally made a mistake.. these forums are so much more cooler.

Plus, OK Go totally pwnz Linkin Park anyhow.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2006, 01:18 AM)
    It is awesome.

I'll admit when I first started posting here I was wary, because I know how Hanson fans treat n00bies (REALLY BADLY). That's why I never do Intro posts or ask questions, I try to figure stuff out on my own (like lol, Track 14) and only then will I ask a question.

I really, REALLY don't like being a n00b.

Having said that, I don't know shit about the band as people. 'Cept their names.

yeah. I was on the Interpol forums, and they used to be really nice, and pretty darn hysterical, but then they got really snarky. Plus Ok Go stole my heart away anyhow.
    but when I started posting here I ws pretty cautious, but everyone was nice so I stuck around.

I kinda feel like these forums are here not only to meet other Ok Go fans, but also to provide information and a true network of fandom to everyone who wants it. wow that sounded deep.

and, as I've never met the boys, all my "knowledge" of them is based on my assumptions, interviews and stuff like the blogs, and hearing stories and opinions of other people here.

QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 2 2006, 01:25 AM)
    *to butt in*

I used to be an active member on the LPA, which was like the most popular non-official Linkin Park Messageboard ever (or at least it was when I was active), but people always got so snarky & attitude-y when you accidentally made a mistake.. these forums are so much more cooler.
    Plus, OK Go totally pwnz Linkin Park anyhow.

mmhmm. like I said, I've dealt with that before.
    and Ok Go pwns everyone and everything, so.
    but I'm glad you think that.
  • OK Go do win at life. ESPECIALLY with the way they treat their fans.

It's a nice change from the shite way Hanson treats their fans.
  • Homework is a burden. Like fo'realz.
  • Uni = great. No "homework".
  • Uni? University? Sorry, I'm slow.
  • Ineed Uni = University.
  • Ah! I am not a fool, then. But what do you mean by no homework? All I ever hear about college is homework homework homework, & tests.
  • In the sense that, if you dont' do your homework there's no teacher there to get angry at you and give you a detention?

Plus, from what I can gather Australian Universities are different in how they operate to American Colleges, so don't listen to anything I say about Uni 'cause it probably won't apply to you.

As a Journalism and Public Relations student I've never had to do tests, and when I have there's only been 1 at the end of the semester and it's been multiple choice. I love my degree.
  • Ohh, I see. But hmm, however did you decide what to.. erm, major (I believe) in college?
  • I figured out that I wanted to do Journalism in my final year of High School. I've always excelled at writing and had an interest in the world so it was a natural decision for me.

I picked Public Relations as my second major because it fits well with Journalism and the other aspect of media relations. It also works well with my Politics minor, which is another area I developed an interest in half way through my degree.

That was basically it, I guess.
  • On-line courses stink! They're difficult to navigate and there's no teacher/student interaction. They should be banned. Their evil!

Ah, there. I feel much better. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 2 2006, 07:06 PM)
    On-line courses stink! They're difficult to navigate and there's no teacher/student interaction. They should be banned. Their evil!

Ah, there. I feel much better. biggrin.gif

Isn't it nice to just vent happy.gif
  • I am extremely pissed off. I can't watch any of the videos on VH1 'cause they're only accessible to people in the US. Colour me pissed off that I miss out on video goodness 'cause of where I live.
  • Maybe an American on here has software to capture streams? And can send files to you?

?

Sorry about that mad.gif
  • If they did I would love then forever. Sniff. I hate missing out on things. It makes me agitated. I have a need to know everything.

This is a good quality for a journalist, though. But still, GRR! I want to watch all the videos that aren't on youtube. Woe.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2006, 11:29 AM)
    I have a need to know everything.
    Me too, sister.

Wish I could help with it!
  • I love noticing the differences between the OK Go fandom and the Hanson fandom. Since the Hanson fandom is the fandom I have spent nearly all of my life in (since the age of 10) it's what I compare everything to and the OK Go fandom is so different.

For example, one thing I just noticed is that it is not unusual for there to be skinny OK Go fans. Whereas, in the Hanson fandom, skinny fans are like a novelty because so many Hanson fans are whales. I feel that this is an interesting observation.

Another difference is that OK Go fans seem sane, whereas almost all Hanson fans have some sort of disorder. It seems to be an unwritten rule that if you are a Hanson fan you must at LEAST suffer from depression.
  • PS Is it just me or does Damian speak lazily? If it makes any sense every time I hear him speak I think he's got a cold and wants to go to sleep. It probably doesn't make sense, but IDK I like it.
  • Hmm, I think I might know what you mean ... but he can really get going and sound completely not like that--more manic. I think it's manic more often than lazy. Maybe I'm misunderstanding anyway.

In the second and third podcasts he really gets going.

*Edit: "Manic" isn't the word--that's a bit much. "Energized" isn't really it, though, either ... Animated, maybe.