In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 1 2006, 07:36 AM)
    God, I think Satan is after you! blink.gif

Satan's after a lot of people blink.gif, unfortunately including me, as shown here tongue.gif

As for random, if you merge two recent photos of Franz Ferdinand's Nick & Alex, you get a more or less dead ringer for one of my friends. Creepy.
  • people never get that joke at work when i give them £6.66 change

they stare at me looking scared

with a "...what the hell is he on about"

look on there faces
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Sep 2 2006, 02:31 AM)
    people never get that joke at work when i give them £6.66 change
    they stare at me looking scared

with a "...what the hell is he on about"
    look on there faces

I get excited when I can hand out the "666" tokens at work. It's what I look forward too in an otherwise boring shift.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2006, 02:35 AM)
    I get excited when I can hand out the "666" tokens at work. It's what I look forward too in an otherwise boring shift.

w00t I'm off ot bed. it's half past 5 in the morning, nights!
  • i'm not one to use musical labels, but does anyone here listen to any twee?
  • I'm not really as versed in it as some of my friends, but my favorites lately are Architecture in Helsinki, The Boy Least Likely To, Camera Obscura, The Hidden Cameras, and Pony Up. I would say Belle & Sebastian, but I kind of disagree with people who call them twee.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 08:16 AM)
    MUSE ARE COMING TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They = One of the greatest bands in the world, if not for their music then for the fact they're one of the few fucking bands in the world that CONSISTENTLY come to Australia.
    MUSE = AMAZING to the power 1000000!!
    I saw them in SF a couple of months ago and it was incredible. And yeah...this was pretty much my same reaction:
    QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 08:16 AM)
    dfgadjfhgakdjfhgadfg
    A
    DFGJKJADHFGKJADFHGDA
    G
    ADFGJHADKFGHADFKJFGHADKJG
    ADGKJADFHGKADJHGKAJDFFHGADG
    The opening acts kinda sucked...but once Muse came on it was like nonstop rock-maddness. biggrin.gif It ws SOOO AWESOME!! Matt Bellamy didn't really talk between the songs so it was always like a seamless transition from one to the next.

I'm glad you're gonna be able to see them live. I'm sure you'll have soooo much fun!!
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Sep 2 2006, 07:07 AM)
    MUSE = AMAZING to the power 1000000!!
    I saw them in SF a couple of months ago and it was incredible. And yeah...this was pretty much my same reaction:
    The opening acts kinda sucked...but once Muse came on it was like nonstop rock-maddness. biggrin.gif It ws SOOO AWESOME!! Matt Bellamy didn't really talk between the songs so it was always like a seamless transition from one to the next.

I'm glad you're gonna be able to see them live. I'm sure you'll have soooo much fun!!

*bounces* I AM TOO.

I missed seeing them in 2004 'cause I was broke at the time, and I was so devoed. So thank God they've come back. Sure, it'll cost more than the $84 for the ticket itself lol but they're coming during the Summer holidays and it's a nice excuse to travel interstate to see friends.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy for Muse.
  • I'm missing Muse 4 times in one year. The total is 6. Unless I get 27.50pounds(50$+) by November.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 2 2006, 11:04 AM)
    I'm missing Muse 4 times in one year. The total is 6. Unless I get 27.50pounds(50$+) by November.

You can get to four Muse shows on 27.50? :|
  • i had a lot of homework assignments this summer. about 4 books to read (one of them an anthology), 2 essays to do, & one journal for 20 of the selections from the anthology.

i've only read 2 books, i'm nearly finished with the journal & anthology, but the two essays haven't even been started except for my name in the corner.

oh, by the way, did i mention school starts in four days?
  • ^^ huh.gif good luck with that!

and I thought I had a lot. six books, (2 of 'em big fat ones for AP US history) three reports and one oral presentation on them, plus notes on the other two for a test in the beginning of the week.
    and around twelve sections of math.

my school starts on wednesday, so I should get it finished by then, seeing as I've read all my books and done most o' the math, as well as a bit of the writing.

my mom is freaking out at me, though.
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 2 2006, 11:28 AM)
    i had a lot of homework assignments this summer. about 4 books to read (one of them an anthology), 2 essays to do, & one journal for 20 of the selections from the anthology.

i've only read 2 books, i'm nearly finished with the journal & anthology, but the two essays haven't even been started except for my name in the corner.
    oh, by the way, did i mention school starts in four days?

You guys have work to do over your Summer holidays?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the holiday?
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 06:36 PM)

Well, I'm in a special Small Learning Community (we call them SLCs for short) at school, called PACE. It's basically the SLC that's all freakin' gung-ho about getting kids into 4-year UCs, so they always go all crazy with English & History work. AKA work in the summer, too. It's a terrible thing. Can you smite them?

my mom is freaking out at me, though.

I just don't tell my mom happy.gif I usually get all my work done last minute, so it's all gewd in the hizz.
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 2 2006, 12:19 PM)
    Can you smite them?

Fo' Shiz, I'll get right on it after I finish watching this here movie.
  • Hahaha, I slept all summer.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 07:32 PM)
    Fo' Shiz, I'll get right on it after I finish watching this here movie.

Thanks, that's a really great favor you're doing for me & a bunch of other kids. I don't know why I was so hesitant to believe in you before.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 09:36 PM)

hmm.. well, it depends on whether you actually do it or not.

most kids only have two books to read over the summer, and they get to pick from a list that our teachers and librarians compile, and a lot of those books are really easy.

the only reason I haev so much work is because I'm insane and am taking all honor classes, (as well as one AP) so I get extra work for math, history, and english.
  • man i was 'readin' my seventeen mag today which came in the mail and there was a halloween costume thing.
    and this one chick was in costume and she was dressed exactly the same as i was today..
    she was wearin too much eye makeup, too many bracelets, a black and white striped dress and leggings.
    everyday is halloween for me ^^
  • Ugh. I downloaded "What To Do" before my OK Go CD arrived from overseas and it's a different version to the one that's on the album.

Unfortunately for me, I prefer the first one that I downloaded off the internet. The one on the album annoys me in comparison.