In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• does the first one have a trumpet/trombone?

cause that happened to me, too. I absolutely adore the old version of What To Do, and I don't think I've really listened to the Ok Go version since I got the cd and found out it was different. It just pales in comparison.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2006, 01:26 PM)
    does the first one have a trumpet/trombone?

cause that happened to me, too. I absolutely adore the old version of What To Do, and I don't think I've really listened to the Ok Go version since I got the cd and found out it was different. It just pales in comparison.

I believe so.
  • Oh yes, I had the same exact situation with the 'What To Do' song.. I still love both versions, however.

But, does anyone know where the trombone version is from? I'm believing it was off of that old EP.. but you never know.
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 1 2006, 11:29 PM)
    Oh yes, I had the same exact situation with the 'What To Do' song.. I still love both versions, however.

But, does anyone know where the trombone version is from? I'm believing it was off of that old EP.. but you never know.

That was my thought as well, but I never bothered asking.
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 1 2006, 11:29 PM)
    Oh yes, I had the same exact situation with the 'What To Do' song.. I still love both versions, however.

No, it's from the What To Do music video.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 1 2006, 11:36 PM)
    No, it's from the What To Do music video.

so they are different? I couldn't remember.

is the trumpet version from the EP, then?
  • All I know is there's one verison I like and one verison I don't like and the one I don't like is on the album. Just the way some words are said and stuffs.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 1 2006, 11:41 PM)
    so they are different? I couldn't remember.

is the trumpet version from the EP, then?

Yeah, they're different. I'm 99% sure it isn't on Appendices, if that's the one you're talking about. It sounds a lot cleaner than those songs.
  • okay, cool. I'd always meant to figure that out, but never bothered asking anyone.
  • Just checked death clock.. I'm gonna die on Monday, October 13th, 2070.

I'm feeling a little scared.
  • thats a year more than me. =(

but hey, I die on 4th of July, so that's pretty cool, right?
  • Haha, kind of a weird day to die on, but it is kinda cool, yeah.

It just gets me all squirmy when I think about when I'm gonna die.
  • both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on 4th of july.

in other news, I love how there's eleven members on right now and barely anyone is talking.
  • phantom, you & I can just keep it going. Because we rule.

BTW, what's your name again? Haha :/
  • haha, yeah.

and my name's Meg. but I don't think many people here know/remember that, so I don't care if you keep calling me phantom.
  • lol, sorry, I'm posting on like, 3 other forums right now.

There's mucho drama going on over at Hitler.net (Erm. Hanson fans' nickname for Hanson.net - the official fan club). Some girl pretended she had an 8 month old daughter who passed away on wednesday from Shaken Baby Syndrome and her story doesn't add up.

Everyone's going nuts 'cause seriously, what kind of sick fuck makes up the murder of a nonexistant child for internet pity?
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2006, 01:05 AM)
    lol, sorry, I'm posting on like, 3 other forums right now.

There's mucho drama going on over at Hitler.net (Erm. Hanson fans' nickname for Hanson.net - the official fan club). Some girl pretended she had an 8 month old daughter who passed away on wednesday from Shaken Baby Syndrome and her story doesn't add up.

Everyone's going nuts 'cause seriously, what kind of sick fuck makes up the murder of a nonexistant child for internet pity?

wink.gif wow.

I'm glad I'm not a hanson fan. they sound much too dramatic and full of excitement/snarkiness for me.

worst forum I've ever personally visited, though, was the Kings of Leon forums attached to their official website.

everyone over there was pretending to have slept with the members, and then those who weren't were calling the others out for making it up.

needless to say, I left pretty quickly.
  • Oh God, Hanson fans are a breed of their own. I couldn't even try to explain it all to you but they are very dramatic, vicious and crazy.

It's like Hanson are a crazy person magnet. As a general rule, the fandom is divided into so many cliques (ie. the ass kissers vs the complainers, the pedophilic old women vs the young girls) and everyone squabbles all the time.

Ick. I'm glad I'm no longer active there anymore. I quite enjoy the peaceful laid back feel of the OK Go fandom happy.gif
  • that's what we're here for biggrin.gif

yeah, this place is probably my favoritest forum ever.
  • It is awesome.

I'll admit when I first started posting here I was wary, because I know how Hanson fans treat n00bies (REALLY BADLY). That's why I never do Intro posts or ask questions, I try to figure stuff out on my own (like lol, Track 14) and only then will I ask a question.

I really, REALLY don't like being a n00b.

Having said that, I don't know shit about the band as people. 'Cept their names.