• QUOTE (God @ Sep 4 2006, 12:43 AM)
    Holy shit.

Steve Irwin is dead.

???

wait...

...for real?

huh?
  • Yes.

He was killed two hours ago while filming an underwater documentary. He died of a fatal sting ray barb to the heart. His death was instantaneous. It was a freak accident.
  • holy shit..holy fucking shit she's right...i'm freaking out..
  • I posted an article bout it in the News and Politics forum if anyone is interested in reading more about it.

That's all the news we have on the topic so far, but yeah.

I can't believe he's dead. He's one of my countries biggest celebrities and now he's dead.
  • that's crazy...

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

wow.
  • I used to be such a huge fan. I'm seriously really, really upset.
  • I wasn't a fan, but... that's still upsetting.

you never exppected it to happen, I mean... he took these risks all the time and came out fine.

I guess this time he wasn't so lucky, but...

g's. I dunno.
  • Most Australians didn't like Steve 'cause he was such an unrealistic stereotype of our country, but we still appreciated that he was great for our country in many ways.

He was truly an icon and his death will change a lot of things in this country.
  • Damn. That's just really weird. How sudden it all was, I mean.

But.. on a lighter note?

I FINISHED MY ESSAYS. smile.gif

But most definitely, R.I.P. Steve Irwin.
  • Heeelp!!! A monkey muppet is singing "Bohemian Rapsody" at me! OH THE HORROR!!!
  • Bah, should I be going to bed? It's almost 2:30 in the morning & I start school sooooon. Bahhhh.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 2 2006, 07:49 PM)
    Ha, I thought maybe, although that's not why I worded it that way. Actually, I thought of it after I typed that word!

Don't be scared--she'd totally do it. You know she would.

I know she would......and nobody else would even think of doing it.....like, does the UFC even know she exists??

But I'm too nervous to poke her and be like, "Pleeeeeeasssssseeeee??? You're way coooooool...."

Edit: wtf is with this thread moving so fast??
  • This thread be's moving so fast for a variety of reasons, I believe.

One being that a lot of people have recently joined the forums and therefore more people are active longer and posting. Two being that some people got really, really bored for a while and ... posted lots of random stuff?

PS I just noticed myself in your signature. That is just fabulous happy.gif

PPS IT'S FIFTY THREE MINUTES PAST TUESDAY, WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN PAID YET?!

I get paid on Tuesdays and it usualyl goes in around now and I keep checking my account BUT THERE'S NO MONEY IN IT. GRR. I WANT MONEY.

best gum ever
  • lol that's cute. She just needs to grow a sense of humour. That sounds like the same sort of shit my friends and I would say.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 4 2006, 02:59 PM)
    lol that's cute. She just needs to grow a sense of humour. That sounds like the same sort of shit my friends and I would say.

I just got embarassed and totally edited the entire thing.

I get web shy

But yeah, it's a very specific kind of humor and I forget that people don't know I'm kidding (for those who didn't catch my post, last night I was hanging out in some kid's apartment. A girl had burnt her finger earlier and the guy went to get her ice. When he got back, he couldn't find his beer and I jokingly said, "See what you get for helping people? You lose alcohol. Lesson for the evening: DON'T LET GO OF YOUR BEER." The girl with the ice looked at me as if I had propsed her murder and continued to look angry and confused in my direction the rest of the evening.)

I talked with Ken about it last night and he said that where I'm from has a very specific kind of self-depricating/teasing out of love humor that other people think is in earnest. For example, when with friends, we'll jokingly say to one another, "it's really too bad you don't have any friends. Maybe if you bathed more often..." etc etc.

If I said that to some kids here, they would be like, "WHUT?! I SMELL?!"
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 5 2006, 12:57 AM)

best gum ever

I prefer the strawberry flavour ohmy.gif

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 5 2006, 01:00 AM)
    I just got embarassed and totally edited the entire thing.

I get web shy

lol why be embarrassed? Aww shucks, that's just cute.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 4 2006, 03:04 PM)
    I prefer the strawberry flavour ohmy.gif
    lol why be embarrassed? Aww shucks, that's just cute.

I have the orange right now and, believe you me, it's FANTASMORGIC.

I'm a really shy person sometimes. My humor is loud and awkward and usually I don't mind and I don't care. But my current, "oh look, I have to make new friends now" thing is making me less outgoing, which I really hate. I can't stand feeling restricted. I figure once frosh cools down (where everyone is in frat party mode, something that makes me kind of uncomfortable. I don't especially enjoy organized fun. I think it's too forced and awkward. I'd rather go wander with friends and do stupid shit like hang up "O RLY?" owls and eat cheesburgers and go to a pub.)

Oh college.
  • Ohs, sometimes I wish I could experience American college life.
    Australian University life by comparison is fucking boring.