In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I accidentally mixed my Clay Aiken CD with my OK Go CDs. I feel ashamed and I am very disgusted with myself. I mean how could I have let my OK Go CDs touch Clay!!! He is one of the good ones and now he is tainted. I am going to stop before I upset myself by realizing that I am not joking.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 30 2006, 05:44 PM)
    put them in check with kindness and love them my dear!
    no more hate on the okgo boards
    (unless they are really being a tool)

Of course! With love from OK Go. smile.gif

.....but some people really DO need a good smacking.
  • well... they'll all get better eventually. If we keep telling 'em or just going around our usual business being nice and non-spammish and such, the real dedicated ones will get the picture eventually, and the others will die off.

I mean, the mods would be a very drastic measure for this board, and as long as J orge keeps up his good work, I think we'll manage by ourselves.
    and we already are kinda informal mods... everyone who corrects/"yells at" the newbs when they mess up, and we all keep it in control pretty well.

oh, and laugh.gif at the diehard JCers hating this board.
  • argghhh... double post *ew*

anywho, who wants to help me with my physics homework?
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 30 2006, 06:45 PM)
    oh, and laugh.gif at the diehard JCers hating this board.

ohmy.gif is it a crime to be a JCer? i remember when it was ok to have dual citizenship... oh its all gone to fuck, i may have to boycot both boards...

(weeping ensues)

(ps i dont hate this board)
  • no, no... I'm talking about the JCers who don't come on here, and annoy people over there.
    There's plenty of double-boarders, (like Katy, for example) who no one minds.

and when I say JCers, I tend to mean those who don't double-board. Those who Katy claims now hate our boards.

there's nothing wrong with posting at the JC.

don't worry about it, really. the JC is perfectly nice. (plus, I hate to say it, but you're a different case because you're a guy... so no screaming fangirl syndrome, which is what originally turned me off of the JC.)
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 30 2006, 08:32 PM)
    ohmy.gif is it a crime to be a JCer? i remember when it was ok to have dual citizenship... oh its all gone to fuck, i may have to boycot both boards...
    (weeping ensues)

(ps i dont hate this board)

Aww, joe. If more of the JC'ers were like you, we wouldn't be complaining at all. Force some of those 14 year old twit girls to act more like you! Do it now, I say!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 30 2006, 11:04 PM)
    Aww, joe. If more of the JC'ers were like you, we wouldn't be complaining at all. Force some of those 14 year old twit girls to act more like you! Do it now, I say!

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif 14-year-old fangirls acting like Joe?

I'd like to see that.

(so, umm... yeah! do what tempe says!)

(its weird that I feel so different from all the 'fourteen year old twit girls', and yet, I'm still only 16 1/2... I guess I pride myself in really not being a fangirl.)
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 30 2006, 09:12 PM)
    ohmy.gif ohmy.gif 14-year-old fangirls acting like Joe?

I'd like to see that.

(so, umm... yeah! do what tempe says!)

(its weird that I feel so different from all the 'fourteen year old twit girls', and yet, I'm still only 16 1/2... I guess I pride myself in really not being a fangirl.)

^^ Lol! You've got a good point there, milky. 14 year old fan girls acting like Joe would be mighty entertaining.

You are a fangirl. I am a fangirl. We're just mature, thoughtful fangirls. wink.gif

(BTW, I have no idea why, but every now and then I like calling you Milky. I'm not insulting you am I? unsure.gif
  • haha, not at all.

I tend to attract odd nick-names as it is... I suppose having "thephantommilk" as my screen name doesn't help.

no, Milky is fine by me. (in fact, now its extra-special cause it officially came from Tempe!)

and, yes... mature, thoughtful fangirls it is. ones who think before screaming something probably damaging to Damian. or typing something probably damaging (to our reputations, at the lest) online.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 30 2006, 09:04 PM)

ill try... but it wont be easy, even with my masculine charms im no match for fangirlitude
  • should I get tickets to a local radio station's Xmas Concert? The bands that will be featured are: Taking Back Sunday, AFI, Plain White T's, Say Anything, Shiny Toy Guns, and Ok Go

What do you think of these bands?

Yes, I've posted this question before, but it got burried somewhere. Thoughts? Comments?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 1 2006, 12:13 AM)
    should I get tickets to a local radio station's Xmas Concert? The bands that will be featured are: Taking Back Sunday, AFI, Plain White T's, Say Anything, Shiny Toy Guns, and Ok Go

What do you think of these bands?

Yes, I've posted this question before, but it got burried somewhere. Thoughts? Comments?

hmmm i like one AFI song.... Taking Back Sunday ... Really sucks althought Rollo Puzz would disagree then slap me. Shiny Toy Guns are pretty good, and I remember Plain white t's and say anything's names... but i can't remember any songs really... And I hear Ok Go is good band laugh.gif lol.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 30 2006, 10:23 PM)
    hmmm i like one AFI song.... Taking Back Sunday ... Really sucks althought Rollo Puzz would disagree then slap me. Shiny Toy Guns are pretty good, and I remember Plain white t's and say anything's names... but i can't remember any songs really... And I hear Ok Go is good band laugh.gif lol.

Lol! Big question is though: would you go? (because then I would know if I should go)
  • how much is it?
  • $32

Price isn't the problem. The problem is, the Glendale Arena is a big place and it's a sit down show, so it'd take away a lot from the Ok Go experience. Plus, I'm worried about whether I'd run into any of the guys before or after the show in an arena. Poo, on this evil radio station! Their dj's are all jerky rock star wanna-be's.
  • i dunno sorry. If its a real short set don't bother unless they won't be coming back to your town in a while.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 30 2006, 10:33 PM)
    i dunno sorry. If its a real short set don't bother unless they won't be coming back to your town in a while.

That's what I figure. It'll probably be a short show. But then again, they probably won't be in town again for awhile. Pooh. I think I'll go. I'll be going by myself. I'm trying to start a trend of going to rock concerts alone! I'm too independent.

(And why do I keep saying "pooh" all of the sudden? I'm like Kathy Bates in the movie "Misery." lol laugh.gif )
    Thanks for the advice Mel! I knew I could rely on you for a good opinion biggrin.gif
  • yeah it's really hard trying to sucker friends into going to concerts with me sometimes. i've yet to go to one by myself, but i'm slowly working up the courage to.

and yeah, i think you should go to the concert festival thingy. even if it is a short set, ok go always puts on an amazing show (hah...i've only seen them once...and again tomorrow!!!, but from what i heard i think that's a valid statement)

and my best friend's been saying "pooh" a lot too. weird.
    "pooh" and "phooie" tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 30 2006, 09:28 PM)
    $32

Price isn't the problem. The problem is, the Glendale Arena is a big place and it's a sit down show, so it'd take away a lot from the Ok Go experience. Plus, I'm worried about whether I'd run into any of the guys before or after the show in an arena. Poo, on this evil radio station! Their dj's are all jerky rock star wanna-be's.

I think you'll be able to run into them. Plus, if you end up not liking the other bands, then you can just use that time to look for them. There's other arena radio shows before yours, so maybe someone that goes to one can tell you if the guys were walking around and talking to fans.

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 30 2006, 07:39 PM)
    so no screaming fangirl syndrome, which is what originally turned me off of the JC.

That's what I really hate about the JC. When I joined, there were only 11 other people and none of them were sreaming fan girls, so it was nice and peaceful. But that only lasted for about two days.