In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• seems ive missed some hoopla
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 29 2006, 03:13 AM)
    Maybe we should start a thread to nominante a mod. It can be one of those voting threads. We could have it open to voting for a week or 2 and then at the end, the top one or two people can be our mods. We could ok it w/ Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore as well. Does anyone think we should do this? The Official OkGo Democracy?

I definitely think we should do this as democratically as possible, so I'm all for starting a nomination thread and then a voting thread.

Regardless, we need to present it to Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, because at the end of the day, he's the one who has to give the modding powers out. There's no point in creating a mod if they can't delete stuff, you know?

I also think that maybe we should have at least two mods, but no more than three. I think leaving it up to just one person is too difficult, but I don't think we need a slew of people modding, either.
  • well ive always said me and darbs should be the mods

but nothing ever comes off it
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 28 2006, 06:57 PM)
    Yeah, that newsletter thing is getting a bit annoying. I've got enough pics and reviews of my own, thanks. And I can guarantee you that I know things about the band that they've got not clue about.

Not that I'm trying to be mean. Just stating an opinion.

The only thing that bugs me about this "newsletter" is whether or not it's going to be written in English. I mean, when Pandy corrects your spelling..
  • i shall take this as a compliment
  • Andy rules. He should indeed be moderator as well.

And randomer: what the?! MY Approximate Wait Time is 2900 Posts! woowowowow
  • Pyooooow!!
    Thats what the band members say when someone does something well......or gets pwned in general...

Happy to be a band geek..
    I'll make a banner of some kind later...
  • oh! moderators, i thought we were talking about being actual mods, like the mod squad, OH! thats what you should call the MOD(erator)S do it! do it! yeah, i gotta get back to my homework.

(ps oh man... im a 'JCer', am i gonna be disowned now?)
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 30 2006, 12:22 AM)
    (ps oh man... im a 'JCer', am i gonna be disowned now?)

like you were ever owned.

hahahhaa I kid joe. I knew you would say that! Joe you're too witty and sarcastic to disown.
  • so... im not disowned? can i be a Mod (as in the 60s fun loving swingers, not moderator)
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 30 2006, 12:51 AM)
    so... im not disowned?

for now....

and to be a mod you need those large white framed sunglasses... and only then you can be a mod
  • damn... ok fine ill get some
  • OK Go on FRIDAY!!

biggrin.gif
  • right guys, i have been in touch with Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore

and rightfully so there arnt gonna be any mods any times soon

so can we all please make a effort to be nice to all new members (like we always are) and welcome the new people from the JC with open arms

thank you
  • ^^ Yeah, when I proposed the idea of a mod thread the other day, the board was a mess. There were a lot of random threads going up on the Ok Go forum, and a lot of spam on the General Discussion Forum. I was a bit freaked out by it. I let Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore know about it, and he's taken care of all the spam. It seems the JC'ers have gotten the idea of how the board runs, and are posting much better and more diligently. So, crisis averted! Thank goodness. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore is a great webmaster. We just have to be patient w/ him sometimes. He's got a lot going on besides Ok Go, and can't always rush over to clear the spam and such. He is around though taking care of us. So I feel relieved.
  • we all know Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore is a busy man

thus i always email him the spam threads just can take awile for him to catch up due to him being a busy man
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 30 2006, 06:10 PM)
    we all know Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore is a busy man
    thus i always email him the spam threads just can take awile for him to catch up due to him being a busy man

Well, that's why I was suggesting a mod or two, because he is a busy man and doesn't always have to time to annihilate spam threads. Not because of the influx of JCers, that would be silly. I just thought he could use some help. *shrugs* Anyway, he's got things cleaned up, so yay!
  • I really want to start something along the lines of "OK Go Question of the Week" thread in the OK Go board, but I am already against a few people that make multiple posts (over and over and OVER). It's just that I have such funny ideas that would really get people's minds buzzing, such as:

"If the boys were to make a movie, who would be the best actor?"
    "Andy #1 vs. Andy #2 (this would also get people thinking about whether or not they like the suits or the T-shirts, being an opening band vs. a headliner, OK Go vs. Oh No, etc.)"
    "How many pants does Damian go through in a month?"
    "OK Go makes me ________."
    "Realistically, what would you do/have done to get to an OK Go concert?"

Etc, etc. I think up these absolutely weird questions everyday and they would be fun to share, but NOT all over the place. Perhaps one thread could be made and I would just update within that thread with a weekly/bi-weekly question. "OK Go Question of the Week" sort-of thing.

I just don't want to add to the whole JC/immaturity factor, you know? It would be something fun, but I don't necessarily think it could belong there. However, I DO think that it would be a nice thing to have while the boys are on that three-month "hiatus" and we won't have much new information about them. Input would be fabulous. smile.gif

By the way, I am alllll for a mod. Even though the JC'ers have calmed a bit, there are still a few people that need to get "in check."
  • put them in check with kindness and love them my dear!

no more hate on the okgo boards

(unless they are really being a tool)
  • There is an older lady, who I know smokes like a chimney, thanks to the over powering stench of old and slightly fresh cigarette smoke coming off of her coughing up a storm. It sounds very i-smoked-my-whole-life-and-now-my-lungs-are-constantly-full-of-phlegm-and-no-matter-how-much-i-cough-and-disgust-those-around-me-I-can't-get-rid-of-it.