In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I'm currently writing about mushrooms for an english paper.

how sad is that?

I'm sick of nature.

and I shouldn't be on here, procrastinating. i still have a ton to write, and not just about mushrooms.

I'm sick of Henry David Thoreau, too. and Walden.

really, really, sick.
  • I am the only person on this earth who loses weight over the holiday breaks. unsure.gif
  • Remember Ghostwriter? That really kind of crappy kids show from the late 80s-90s (I think?) about a bunch of kids who solve mysteries with the help of a ghost? Yeah. I was walking home from campus and I remembered that it was one of the two shows that scarred me as a kid.

Why? Remember the story arch with the kids writing a story involving a purple slime monster? Scared the crap out of 1st grade-aged Amy.

(The other show that scared me was an animated movie that involved a fire in a cheese factory and somehow the cheese was mutated into some large cheese monster. I hate cheese.)
  • OH MY GOD AMY.

Apparently we are the only two people on earth who used to watch Ghostwriter, because nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention it.

The purple slime monster!!! Remember when they found him in the oven?? My mom still quotes it to this day.
    "YOOOUUU LAUGHING AT MEEEE?"
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 26 2006, 11:14 PM)
    OH MY GOD AMY.

Apparently we are the only two people on earth who used to watch Ghostwriter, because nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention it.

The purple slime monster!!! Remember when they found him in the oven?? My mom still quotes it to this day.
    "YOOOUUU LAUGHING AT MEEEE?"

I think I saw part 2 of the arc (through extensive imdbing. It was so much more fun than math). It was when they decided during the story that, if he covered you, you were a "goner." I ran from the room screaming. You can ask my mom. I was not the most brave kid.

Oh my god, I'm so glad someone else remembers it. YouTube has 3/4 parts of the first episode. I highly recommend watching it.
  • Does it show him???
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 26 2006, 11:36 PM)
    Does it show him???

Noooooo

I was so upset. Still, it's fantastic for a very old blue-screened computer and readdy bad hairstyles.

Totally worth it.

I want to conquer my childhood fears so I need to find the slime monster episode
  • i loved ghostwriter!!!
  • I'm sick of newbies starting new question threads, when there's the Don't Ask Me thread for everybody to post their questions at.

/rant
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 26 2006, 07:51 PM)
    I'm sick of newbies starting new question threads, when there's the Don't Ask Me thread for everybody to post their questions at.

/rant

*haha* I especially like the 'Find me the Father Christmas song!" post, us retaliating and saying that they could have posted in another thread, that newbie not knowing where such thread is, and then someone else saying "How about the one with FATHER CHRISTMAS in the title???"

That made me guffaw.

But yes. It's such a pain when people don't LOOK before jumping right into posting. OK Go demands respect!
  • Ghostwriter was the shizz!

Am I the only one who wanted to live on top of a corner store because of the show?!
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 26 2006, 09:10 PM)
    *haha* I especially like the 'Find me the Father Christmas song!" post, us retaliating and saying that they could have posted in another thread, that newbie not knowing where such thread is, and then someone else saying "How about the one with FATHER CHRISTMAS in the title???"

That made me guffaw.

But yes. It's such a pain when people don't LOOK before jumping right into posting. OK Go demands respect!

And then they got all whiney about it!! Like, it would be different if the thread has a different title or wasn't on the first page, but it was like two threads below that one!
  • SAMUEL L. JACKSON!?

"Get that muthafuckin' slime out mah muthafuckin' oven!"
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Nov 26 2006, 08:35 PM)

Thats why Darbie's the best.
  • The guy who wrote my textbook's last name is "Truelove." How cool a last name is that?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 26 2006, 10:18 PM)
    The guy who wrote my textbook's last name is "Truelove." How cool a last name is that?

sounds made up to me...
  • There are two teachers at my school with that last name, my neighbor has that last name, and so did a janitor at my elementary school. blink.gif
  • Lol, mixtape! What's going on in your town? Why is everyone there stealing that last name?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 26 2006, 10:34 PM)
    Lol, mixtape! What's going on in your town? Why is everyone there stealing that last name?

so that they can claim they've found true love...