In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• awww, dont you just wanna photoshop her?
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 16 2006, 09:29 PM)
    Speaking of my little sister, I did a photoshop drawing thing of her:

Wow, is that hard to do? I wanna do something really cool and artsy like that. How did you do that?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Dec 16 2006, 08:28 PM)
    P.S. Tempe, you're amazing.

Aww, Tonetoile, I can't top you in the amazingness. But thanks for cheering me up as I bang my head against the desk trying to buy a new cell phone. It's all Diane Sawyer's fault. Damn Diane Sawyer.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 16 2006, 11:46 PM)
    Wow, is that hard to do? I wanna do something really cool and artsy like that. How did you do that?

Because I'm lame, I didn't learn to do this by myself. smile.gif

http://www.melissaclifton.com/tutorial-comicbook.html

It's really tedious, but you'll be proud of it when you're done with your project.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 17 2006, 04:47 AM)
    Aww, Tonetoile, I can't top you in the amazingness. But thanks for cheering me up as I bang my head against the desk trying to buy a new cell phone. It's all Diane Sawyer's fault. Damn Diane Sawyer.

I hate cell phones. Verizon keeps overcharching me and my family. Granted, for the first month, I didn't realize I had no free night+weekend minutes so I went waaaay over.

Still, I watched and curbed my talking time... AND THE CHARGE IS STILL RIDICULOUS.

AAAAUUUGHHH
  • Probably not the best place to vent emotions, but all of the counselors must be out drinking, this, a Saturday night...

I am having my wisdom teeth removed on Tuesday. It only just hit me how scared I truly am. The pain is going to be great, I'm sure. Me + pain = panic. Very low threshold for it. It almost feels like imminent death is upon me. What if they screw up? What if I am put under and never regain consciousness? I haven't hit a quarter of a century old yet. I am also worried about my voice, as I know it could change a tad, and my future as a voice-over artist may be destroyed. The cost, though I know my bank account will hurt greatly, concerns me less than the agony that awaits.

Quite a different perspective from the gal who was "Kulashed," eh? biggrin.gif
  • dont worry about it, it doesnt really hurt too much, think of all the jello and pudding youll get to eat!

it will hurt the ol wallet.. i had all 4 of mine taken out at once... that cost some...
  • my wisdom teeth are coming in straight so I don't have to get them pulled. biggrin.gif
  • you miss out on all the jello...
  • yeah . . . that may be true. I have to get my tonsils out sometime soon, so I can have jell-o then.
  • no, youll want ice cream. trust me thats the rules
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 16 2006, 10:51 PM)
    Probably not the best place to vent emotions, but all of the counselors must be out drinking, this, a Saturday night...

I am having my wisdom teeth removed on Tuesday. It only just hit me how scared I truly am. The pain is going to be great, I'm sure. Me + pain = panic. Very low threshold for it. It almost feels like imminent death is upon me. What if they screw up? What if I am put under and never regain consciousness? I haven't hit a quarter of a century old yet. I am also worried about my voice, as I know it could change a tad, and my future as a voice-over artist may be destroyed. The cost, though I know my bank account will hurt greatly, concerns me less than the agony that awaits.

Quite a different perspective from the gal who was "Kulashed," eh? biggrin.gif

Ooo, are you lucky you have your local neighborhood Timpe dentist here. I shall tell you all about having those wisdom teeth taken out, as I have done it to people before. First of all, they are not going to put you totally to sleep, unless you are getting something called IV sedation. If you are having IV sedation, you will wake up from it just fine. No groggyness or that sort of thing. You can ask for nitrous (laughing gas) to help calm you during the procedure. It costs extra, and you'll need someone to drive you home, but laughing gas can really help calm a person down. The first 3 days will be the most uncomfortable. Take tylenol. Or if they prescribe vicodin or percoset, it will help for the pain. It will not effect your lovely voice in anyway. The first 3 days will be the most uncomfortable, and you'll have to eat very soft foods: jello, ice-cream, puddy, mashed potatos, eggs, soup, etc. The surgery itself is not that scary. You just have to sit there w/ your mouth open. I know you are going to do wonderfully T.Dogg. If you need any help or encouragement, I'm here for you. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Dec 17 2006, 01:08 AM)
    no, youll want ice cream. trust me thats the rules

Pssh . . . I'll just call Bill Cosby and he can give me Jell-O.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 17 2006, 01:02 AM)
    my wisdom teeth are coming in straight so I don't have to get them pulled. biggrin.gif

Ah, see, mine are as well. As a matter of fact, three of the four are already in place. I really don't know WHY I am getting them out, other than my dentist recommends it. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 16 2006, 11:32 PM)
    Ah, see, mine are as well. As a matter of fact, three of the four are already in place. I really don't know WHY I am getting them out, other than my dentist recommends it. tongue.gif

When they're already in place, they are easier to take out. Wisdom teeth are the most useless teeth in the mouth. They tend to come in crooked or cause problems for the other back teeth if you don't get rid of them.
  • The dentist just wants your money.

so do orthodontists dry.gif

I think it's because I have a permanent retainer on my teeth, so that may be why I'm not getting mine removed.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 16 2006, 11:37 PM)
    The dentist just wants your money.

But not your friendly neighborhood Timpe dentist! She cares not for your money
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 16 2006, 11:37 PM)
    I think it's because I have a permanent retainer on my teeth, so that may be why I'm not getting mine removed.

Sometimes, they don't need to be taken out. It totally depends on the situation.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 17 2006, 01:12 AM)
    Ooo, are you lucky you have your local neighborhood Timpe dentist here. I shall tell you all about having those wisdom teeth taken out, as I have done it to people before. First of all, they are not going to put you totally to sleep, unless you are getting something called IV sedation. If you are having IV sedation, you will wake up from it just fine. No groggyness or that sort of thing. You can ask for nitrous (laughing gas) to help calm you during the procedure. It costs extra, and you'll need someone to drive you home, but laughing gas can really help calm a person down. The first 3 days will be the most uncomfortable. Take tylenol. Or if they prescribe vicodin or percoset, it will help for the pain. It will not effect your lovely voice in anyway. The first 3 days will be the most uncomfortable, and you'll have to eat very soft foods: jello, ice-cream, puddy, mashed potatos, eggs, soup, etc. The surgery itself is not that scary. You just have to sit there w/ your mouth open. I know you are going to do wonderfully T.Dogg. If you need any help or encouragement, I'm here for you. wink.gif

I am happy you saw this and responded! Your dentistry is top notch, top notch. *moans and squeals* biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I am not sure how I am being put out, but I do know that I will not be awake for it. So that's a plus. The fact that I have to eat like a bird also doesn't bother me; a little weightloss never hurt anyone. I am mostly worried about the pain, because I don't deal with pain in the least, nor do I really like popping pills. Straight-edged, yo. *haha* And I'm a vain person, so the fact that I may be puffy, swollen, and have huge, gaping, bleeding holes in my mouth bugs me.

I am worried that I am having unnecessary surgery. Three out of the four teeth are already in and FINE. No big aches or pains or impacting. My dentist simply "recommends" having them removed. Not sure how I should take that.

You are wonderful, Tempe. wink.gif

"I think girls dig dentists. The lifestyle, the way I give it to you freaky. Yea, you know what I mean."
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 16 2006, 11:41 PM)
    I was hoping you would see this and respond. Your dentistry is top notch, top notch. *moans and squeals* biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I am not sure how I am being put out, but I do know that I will not be awake for it. So that's a plus. The fact that I have to eat like a bird also doesn't bother me; a little weightloss never hurt anyone. I am mostly worried about the pain, because I don't deal with pain in the least, nor do I really like popping pills. Straight-edged, yo. *haha* And I'm a vain person, so the fact that I may be puffy, swollen, and have huge, gaping, bleeding holes in my mouth bugs me.

I am worried that I am having unneccesary surgery. Three out of the four teeth are already in and FINE. No big aches or pains or impacting. My dentist simply "recommends" having them removed. Not sure how I should take that.

You are wonderful, Tempe. wink.gif

"I think girls dig dentists. The lifestyle, the way I give it to you freaky. Yea, you know what I mean."

i think i picked the wrong career, im gonna be in dentistry for the chicks!

and dont worry about being puffy and unatractive, i was puffy and still a friggin adonis (who is vain now?)