In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 16 2006, 11:41 PM)
    I was hoping you would see this and respond. Your dentistry is top notch, top notch. *moans and squeals* biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I am not sure how I am being put out, but I do know that I will not be awake for it. So that's a plus. The fact that I have to eat like a bird also doesn't bother me; a little weightloss never hurt anyone. I am mostly worried about the pain, because I don't deal with pain in the least, nor do I really like popping pills. Straight-edged, yo. *haha* And I'm a vain person, so the fact that I may be puffy, swollen, and have huge, gaping, bleeding holes in my mouth bugs me.

I am worried that I am having unneccesary surgery. Three out of the four teeth are already in and FINE. No big aches or pains or impacting. My dentist simply "recommends" having them removed. Not sure how I should take that.

You are wonderful, Tempe. wink.gif

"I think girls dig dentists. The lifestyle, the way I give it to you freaky. Yea, you know what I mean."

Aww, don't worry you're doing the right thing. It's better to get them out when you're young (at your age I mean). To re-assure you, here are some reasons why dentists tell people to get their wisdom teeth taken out.
    1. Upper teeth need lower teeth to bite against. If teeth don't bite against each other, they start to shift around. So that one wisdom tooth you have that does not have another wisdom tooth opposing it, will start to shift and eventually effect the other teeth.

2. Wisdom teeth are hard to clean around when you are brushing. That means they can start to cause gum and bone problems to the teeth in front of them.

3. Wisdom teeth are so far back there, that if they get a cavity, it is difficult to take care of.

Lol, I hope I edumacated yose. Pain totally depends on the person. After your surgery, take whatever pain med the oral surgeon recommends right away. If you take the pain med right away, after surgery, you'll be on top of the pain before it starts. If you take the pain med after the pain starts, the meds won't be as effective. (Did that make sense?)

You're going to do great. I know it!

Lol! Yeah, I give it to you freaky. You know what I mean.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 17 2006, 01:38 AM)
    But not your friendly neighborhood Timpe dentist! She cares not for your money

Oh no, not you. smile.gif

I don't think it's the dentist helpers (I don't know the correct name . . . rolleyes.gif ) so much, but the dentists themselves.

They seem evil and want your money.

I can almost imagine some of them with black capes and huge pointy mustaches. *shudders*

Of course, not all dentists are like this.

And what's really odd (and kind of sick, too), was that my orthodontist had the worst teeth I had ever seen . . . all yellow and really crooked. I wondered for a long time how he got into the dentistry career, and why he never fixed his own teeth. . . scary.
  • ^^^ Yeah, there are a lot of creepy dentists in this world who really make the profession look bad. I've been meeting a lot of great teachers who are dentists. I'm hoping my generation of kiddies will help restore a positive image to dentistry. Lol, I sound like I'm running for Miss America. Miss Dentist Ameica!

(My roomie is getting braces cause she hates dentist w/ ugly teeth who try to give people advice on how to take care of their teeth.)
  • you people just understand the magic of pirates and puppets

*shakes head*
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 17 2006, 12:02 AM)
    my wisdom teeth are coming in straight so I don't have to get them pulled. biggrin.gif

my top wisdom teeth grew in straight and they told me i didn't need them removed, fast forward three and a half years and i lost a huge chunk of one to a starburst, seems my tooth brush wasn't reaching far enough back for those three and a half years so my top wisdom teeth were just rotting away the whole time, and i had to get them pulled... so, yeah, moral of this, make sure your tooth brush is getting all the way to the back!..
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 17 2006, 01:55 AM)
    Lol! Yeah, I give it to you freaky. You know what I mean.

*hahahaha!* Well, after hearing your testimony, I have to say that I feel a bit better about the whole situation. Not necessarily the pain part, because that's a given, but giving me the reasons for getting them out really helped. I wouldn't want my other teeth to be affected. I like my teeth, have spent too much money to keep them looking nice, and it would suck that because I didn't get a little surgery done that ALL of them would be screwed up.

Thank you so much, Tempe. You are more knowledgable than anyone else I have had look at my teeth, and you haven't even seen them! biggrin.gif I appreciate it lots.

"Later I'll cap ya teeth....uh."
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Dec 17 2006, 11:53 AM)
    you people just understand the magic of pirates and puppets
    *shakes head*

im still unhappy with comic sans... we are not on good terms... century gothic too... we was tight, then he went and did something stupid, and now ive disowned him...
  • I smell french toast.

it smells really yummy, but I'm kinda worried, cause I don't think my parents are home yet... and cooking smells shouldn't be wafting up the stairs if no one's in the kitchen cooking.

that being said, it could be my grandmother, who has an apartment in the basement. sometimes her cooking wafts all the way up to the computer room.

eh... it smells good, either way.
  • so i have to wait till feb to get new lost?

WHATS UP WITH THAT, dear lordy its amazing
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Dec 17 2006, 09:26 PM)
    im still unhappy with comic sans... we are not on good terms...

WHAT. Comic sans and I are bffs. We've been seperated due to the university's undying love for Times New Roman.

But, yaknow, we hang.
  • i use comic sans, for pretty much everything i can

its rather amazing, and a part of HFoC
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Dec 17 2006, 04:40 PM)
    I smell french toast.

i just made french toast... perhaps the smell made it all the way to massachusetts...
  • i feel like im being ignored on all kinds of diffrent levels here..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Dec 17 2006, 05:01 PM)
    i feel like im being ignored on all kinds of diffrent levels here..

Pandy! How bout a great big American/Canadian hug from all your groupies! I shall lead the way tongue.gif
  • woo hugs

it sucks being ill, stupid throat virus that ive got...lasts two weeks apprently..so ill have it over crimbo

and ive got to work boxing day

stupid work..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Dec 17 2006, 03:59 PM)
    so i have to wait till feb to get new lost?
    WHATS UP WITH THAT, dear lordy its amazing

I know! Why does it take so long for Lost to be shown! Greedy evil ABC television!
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Dec 17 2006, 05:09 PM)
    [font=Comic Sans MS]woo hugs
    so ill have it over crimbo
    font]

Crimbo! That's so cute!!! Is that a British word or a Pandy word for Christmas?
  • its british/american i belive

i just use it cause i cant spell christmass..

also its rather cute no?
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 17 2006, 01:36 PM)
    *hahahaha!* Well, after hearing your testimony, I have to say that I feel a bit better about the whole situation. Not necessarily the pain part, because that's a given, but giving me the reasons for getting them out really helped. I wouldn't want my other teeth to be affected. I like my teeth, have spent too much money to keep them looking nice, and it would suck that because I didn't get a little surgery done that ALL of them would be screwed up.

Thank you so much, Tempe. You are more knowledgable than anyone else I have had look at my teeth, and you haven't even seen them! biggrin.gif I appreciate it lots.

"Later I'll cap ya teeth....uh."

Aww, no problem! Thanks for making me feel good about myself. I've seen a lot of crummy wisdom teeth. You're doing the right thing. You're going to do wonderful! wink.gif
    (I wonder if the Kulash ever had his wisdom teeth taken out? Just pretend it's Tim doing the work onn you, T.Dogg laugh.gif )

The lifestyle...The way I give it to you freaky...Yeah, you know what I mean
  • My sister started saying Crimbo a few years ago after she learned it from some of her British friends. I don't think she ever says Christmas anymore.