In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 4 2007, 05:49 PM)
    Hmm... take up guitar and become a rock star with me? tongue.gif

TEACH ME GUITAR!!!
    my poor guitar, chris (named after chris martin), gathers dust as i frequently abandon him sad.gif
    and when i do try to play some chords, i majorly suck sleep.gif
  • Ambers, you're brilliant for finding that Boyce pic.
    HE LIVES IN LONDON!!!
    Apparently!
    My friend's seen him shopping in the center. I'm rather excited.

You must watch more smile.gif

And yes I shall send you tea my love.

Courtney - there're quite a few of us here - what if every boardie sent you a couple of dollars each? You'd be sorted!

(I'm off to bed people... night!)
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 5 2007, 01:00 AM)
    ah my sister sent me paolo nutinis album - and i must say i'm pleasantly surprised.. its quite good. hes so young! makes me feel so unaccomplished sleep.gif

OMG!! paolo is wonderful...sexy too. you should watch the jenny dont be hasty vid...talk about HOTT!!! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i got a little too excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBBKZ3i-_9I (theres a little glimpse of his chest, heheheh)

and ur not unaccomplished, don't say that. ur awesome.
    smile.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 4 2007, 09:02 PM)
    TEACH ME GUITAR!!!
    my poor guitar, chris (named after chris martin), gathers dust as i frequently abandon him sad.gif
    and when i do try to play some chords, i majorly suck sleep.gif
    Um... well, the 6 strings in order from thickest to thinnest (lowest to highest) are E A D G B E. The frets are the line thingies... if you hold the 5th fret on each of the strings (except B ) then it'll be the same pitch as the next string up open. Does that make sense...? No...? laugh.gif I suck at teaching... but that info is useful for tuning, which is needed in order to play! So go tune your guitar! You haven't touched it in a while so it's probably horribly out of tune biggrin.gif Mine goes out of tune if I don't touch it for 2 days. I suggest finding an A-F# (I think that's what it is? Hell if I know, I don't know what they're called) tuning fork and tune the A string first... then do the others.. and um... I'm horrible at teaching, find a local one LOL

How old is Paolo Nutini?
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 5 2007, 01:13 AM)
    How old is Paolo Nutini?

approximately 20 years old. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 4 2007, 06:05 PM)
    Ambers, you're brilliant for finding that Boyce pic.
    HE LIVES IN LONDON!!!
    Apparently!
    My friend's seen him shopping in the center. I'm rather excited.

You must watch more smile.gif

And yes I shall send you tea my love.

Courtney - there're quite a few of us here - what if every boardie sent you a couple of dollars each? You'd be sorted!

(I'm off to bed people... night!)

ooo snap! lets go find him! smile.gif
    thanks in advance for the tea.. i'll be expecting it in the mail soon.. haha jk jk
    good night dear - its about time you hit the sack, its freakin like 2am over there "innit" ? haha sorry couldnt help myself there.

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Apr 4 2007, 06:06 PM)
    OMG!! paolo is wonderful...sexy too. you should watch the jenny dont be hasty vid...talk about HOTT!!! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i got a little too excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBBKZ3i-_9I (theres a little glimpse of his chest, heheheh)

and ur not unaccomplished, don't say that. ur awesome.
    smile.gif

mmmmmm hot indeed
    first two lines of the song:
    "You said you'd marry me if I was 23
    But I'm one that you can't see if I'm only 18"
    uhh hello i'll marry you - i'm 18! smile.gif
    but i think now hes.. 20.. wiki informs me he was born jan. 9 1987
    so lets see yes thats 20 i think.
    i'm 18, he's 20 i think that works haha!

QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 4 2007, 06:13 PM)
    Um... well, the 6 strings in order from thickest to thinnest (lowest to highest) are E A D G B E. The frets are the line thingies... if you hold the 5th fret on each of the strings (except B ) then it'll be the same pitch as the next string up open. Does that make sense...? No...? laugh.gif I suck at teaching... but that info is useful for tuning, which is needed in order to play! So go tune your guitar! You haven't touched it in a while so it's probably horribly out of tune biggrin.gif Mine goes out of tune if I don't touch it for 2 days. I suggest finding an A-F# (I think that's what it is? Hell if I know, I don't know what they're called) tuning fork and tune the A string first... then do the others.. and um... I'm horrible at teaching, find a local one LOL

How old is Paolo Nutini?

haha i know what you're saying..
    unfortunately, i know this information,
    and i have a tuner because the day i bought my guitar four years ago or something i broke a string trying to tune, so the next day i went and bout a tuner..
    and uhh i have this book of chords so i try to play some, but i suck.. and get bored very easily!
    ah and yes you can call me amberdino (you asked about this on some other page of this thread) or you can call me ambers like electra does, or ambie like vinnie does, or ambreen (my real name), or you can make another nickname! smile.gif
  • Wow, he is young. Meg & Dia are pretty young too. 19 and 22, I believe... they're really good.

Lol. I broke my guitar strings once too, it was horrible. I was freaking out. Then I realized this happens all the time...

Starting out is pretty boring... yeah. Try doing G+, C+ and D+ chords and then switching between them slowly. smile.gif It gets really easy after a bit. It's incredibly SLOW at first, but it gets fun soon... I promise. laugh.gif

If you get super bored, try playing It's Tough To Have A Crush... the easiest OK Go song ever biggrin.gif The chords are D, A, and Gm.

Wow. I totally missed that one post. Goodnight, Alice, my love!
  • Ah, will do..
    thanks dear!
  • Ooo I'm gonna try It's Tough To Have A Crush now!!

Or try playing the verse of OLISQ, that' the easiest - it's just E over and over again....
  • today, at work

i got yelled at by a custemer for having hay fever

"DONT YOU GIVE ME YOUR HAYFEVER!"

"....but you cant catch hayfever off people!"

blargh...

then i got yelled at for being happy and smileing!

oh come on.....anyone would be happy staying up till 2am talking to an amazing girl, let me be happy bitter old people...

sigh

also no sign of the zen! and i payed like £8 p+p so i would get it quicker.....sigh
  • blarge at olde people who yell at you andu.

... and at least you're getting a zen!

its freakin snowing in the Tdot! why!
    I guess i dont really mind that much about the snow and cold, but they put so much salt on the ground like they are expecting a blizard or something...
    ... which ruins my shoes!!! noooo!
  • andy they yelled at you for being happy and smiling?!?
    wtf... isnt that what ppl usually want you to do on the job..
    they really are the devil eh?

argh did you send me hayfever somehow too?
    haha i'm fucking sick now.. past couple days just my throat was acting up.. but now its all out..
    tylenol cold, where art thou?
    i think i need to see a certain doctor... dr. boyce! smile.gif
    electra mectra, send him to me!
  • awww at all you sickies.

hope you feel better.

I just came back from the orthadontist....

it was fricken cold outside...if I knew this i would have worn my amazing piano scarf!
  • thanks dear,
    piano scarf!!!
    thats freakin amazing!! smile.gif

its rather gloomy here today..
    lets check the weather shall we.. i love checking the weather.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 5 2007, 12:21 PM)
    lets check the weather shall we.. i love checking the weather.

you like the music on the weather channel too!
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Apr 5 2007, 05:00 PM)
    blarge at olde people who yell at you andu.

... and at least you're getting a zen!

they suck, as does the post office for not getting me my zen yet!

QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 5 2007, 05:17 PM)
    andy they yelled at you for being happy and smiling?!?
    wtf... isnt that what ppl usually want you to do on the job..
    they really are the devil eh?

argh did you send me hayfever somehow too?
    haha i'm fucking sick now.. past couple days just my throat was acting up.. but now its all out..
    tylenol cold, where art thou?
    i think i need to see a certain doctor... dr. boyce! smile.gif
    electra mectra, send him to me!

i have another news article on my wall, which states

"kiss away hayfever"

"it has been discovered that kissing can help calm the symtoms of hayfever"

now if only i had someone to kiss...
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Apr 5 2007, 09:23 AM)
    you like the music on the weather channel too!

ah see, the problem is.. i like the weather ppl from the local station by my house.. but im in another city for uni, so i go to that station's website and get the weather for my zip code.. i would just go to the weather channel.. but i dont have the channel! blasphemous isn't it? haha smile.gif

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 5 2007, 09:30 AM)
    they suck, as does the post office for not getting me my zen yet!
    i have another news article on my wall, which states

"kiss away hayfever"

"it has been discovered that kissing can help calm the symtoms of hayfever"
    now if only i had someone to kiss...

ah i'll go kiss boyce now thanks for the advice laugh.gif
    haha i wish.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 5 2007, 12:34 PM)
    ah see, the problem is.. i like the weather ppl from the local station by my house.. but im in another city for uni, so i go to that station's website and get the weather for my zip code.. i would just go to the weather channel.. but i dont have the channel! blasphemous isn't it? haha smile.gif

i like the dude that does the weather in my city too... his name is Frank Faraginie and he also does this segment called "Frankies flowers". Its so weird that he is so insanely popular around here.

the dude that does the weather in the evenings cant hold a candle to frank!
  • Heee. Alice, you should learn it. It's so fun. Such a simple song, but it makes me grin every time smile.gif

It's snowing here too. mad.gif Snow, go back to Antartica. That is where you belong. Especially in April.

I love Frankie's Flowers! And Frankie!
  • you know frankie! WOOT!