In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2008, 07:35 PM)
    aww, yay MA! haha. I'm really glad I stayed in New England, even though I probably should have gone somewhere 'exotic' haha. But I really like it here, so far. smile.gif

I'm taking Intro to Anthropology, Latin Prose and Poetry, a first-year seminar on Lions in Science and Science Fiction, and Logic 100. Should be fun.

Yeah, I mean, I sort of kicked myself a lot during the winter what with all the snow, but you're used to that by now and it's not like MA has TONNES more snow than NJ. Also, I probs wouldn't know half the people I know now if I hadn't gone to school in NoHo, so. There you go.

I've heard generally positive things about Logic, other than it being hard. Can't say for the rest. Never took an Anthro or Latin class, haha. I wanted to take the FYS on midwifery, but the class was full. sad.gif

Oh, and if you have ANY inclination towards (belly)dancing, take Tribal Fusion with Donna Mejia because it's her last year there and she's bloody BRILLIANT. It might be hard to get into the class, though.

ALSO you need to tell me how Convocation goes. XD
  • Convocation is tonight. It should be... interesting? haha.
    At least our HR warned us, haha.
    (btw, I'm in Tyler House. I like it. So far.)
  • Someone sent an edible arrangement to my house yesterday. And since I wasn't home, I got a "sorry we missed you" note on my door. I won't get the delivery until Saturday, when I'll be home to receive it. When I called them to arrange things they wouldn't tell me who it was from. The suspense is killing me.

Who the hell likes me enough to send me something so sweet? Seriously.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 3 2008, 01:56 PM)
    Convocation is tonight. It should be... interesting? haha.
    At least our HR warned us, haha.
    (btw, I'm in Tyler House. I like it. So far.)

Haha, yeah, Convocation is a bit of an experience. Nobody warned me about it my first year, so it was like, "....OMGWTF??" I wore a duct tape tube top. I'm not recommending that, though, becuase it gets super-hot in JMG and duct tape doesn't breathe.

Tyler's nice! Also, you won't have to worry about dining, haha. And you're right by the gym, which is nice, haha. Hiking down there from Park was always a bit of a pain. tongue.gif
  • i just had my first class of the year today animation it was, sadly i may not be in it for long, hopefully ill learn lots while im there and if im luckier ill be able to stay
  • why so joe'bro?
  • i have no moneys sad.gif
  • Poor joey, I hope things will work out. You should just hang out in the class anyway. wink.gif There was a tv show in the early 60s starring Bob Denver as a guy who was too poor for college, but just sat in on classes anyway.

• My college's football game is on ESPN tonight
    Go Ball State!
  • What's something funny?
    I submitted to Colbert's greenscreen challenge, and I really, really loved what I made- I thought it was hilarious and was rather proud of myself.
    But I didn't win.
    But it's ok, b/c I've watched most of the entries on youtube, and the wickedly fantastic, amazing, hilarious, clever and mind-blowingly good ones didn't win either.
    The ones that were chosen tended to be more stupid than clever, funny at first glance rather than build, and tended not to step on any potential copyright claims (the latter two reasons are why I suspect the best ones, which featured Madonna and old movies among other things, didn't win).

So this time, I reeeeeally wanna win, so I'm trying to think of quick, stupidly funny things.
    I'm kind of stumped. especially since my entry wasn't clever at all- I really thought it was stupid-funny, lol.
    But so now I gotta think harder.
  • what did you enter?

i'd like to see it

thet green screen challange has been awesome
  • I was just in a bus on bus crash...

as i was pulling into school on the bus. a bus just randomly started backing up. backed trough a red light then smashed a car up then crushed the left front corner of the bus i was in...

most of the scaryness was dissolved thougyh when we exited the bus and an old lady exclaimed holy shit and also when the confused bus driver came running down the street looking for his bus...

I knew my enjoyment in witnessing HBK beat Jehrico at unforgiven last night with Andy and Fel would be repaid...
  • pfffft, jericho is world champ though

so suck on that twins

hope you are good though after crashes hun
  • That's an intense story! Glad you're okay!!
  • Anyone know a non-mean way to rid oneself of a creepy borderline-stalker dude?

Edito: Fel! That's terrible, but I'm glad you're OK.

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 3 2008, 12:45 AM)
    I've heard generally positive things about Logic, other than it being hard.

I really like it so far.

It's kind of distracting, though, because one of my professors has the same haircut as Keith Murray, and kind of sort of almost looks like an old version of Keith Murray in general. It's very weird.

It's mostly the haircut, I think.

• QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Sep 8 2008, 07:52 PM)
    Anyone know a non-mean way to rid oneself of a creepy borderline-stalker dude?

Edito: Fel! That's terrible, but I'm glad you're OK.

I only know the mean ways. Sorry love.
    And here's to your safety Mel.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Sep 8 2008, 08:06 AM)
    I was just in a bus on bus crash...

as i was pulling into school on the bus. a bus just randomly started backing up. backed trough a red light then smashed a car up then crushed the left front corner of the bus i was in...

most of the scaryness was dissolved thougyh when we exited the bus and an old lady exclaimed holy shit and also when the confused bus driver came running down the street looking for his bus...

I knew my enjoyment in witnessing HBK beat Jehrico at unforgiven last night with Andy and Fel would be repaid...

yowser, mel, glad you're alright. Haha! I love how you're able to see the humor in what's going on. Wait? Was it a runaway bus that bumped into your bus?
  • Wow, Mel, glad you're OK! I love old ladies who swear biggrin.gif
  • you guys are the sweeeetesttest.

thanks, yeah im alright. nothing hurt just was really frightening for a bit.

but yeah it was a runaway bus Tempe. I guess he forgot to put the parking break on or maybe its defective OR a "Maximum overdrive " type situation is happening in toronto...