In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• You know when you're married or have a boyfriend who you think you know everything about and suddenly you find out something about them that makes you go, "whaaa?" Well my best friend just admitted to me that she's been a long time hard core Dave Mathews Band fan. I mean wow? Why? I thought I knew you.
  • That's a cry for help. Fix her.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 30 2008, 09:06 PM)
    That's a cry for help. Fix her.

LOL! Yes, thank you!

And I am super annoyed. I just dropped a plate of Chinese food all over the carpet!! mad.gif mad.gif

Edit: I just realized that when I got a new computer, I lost all my msn contacts. Now I have no friends. sad.gif Even though I don't really use msn messenger too much anymore, somebody friend me: rosebaby808 <--that is the number zero inbetween the 8's
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 31 2008, 01:10 AM)
    Edit: I just realized that when I got a new computer, I lost all my msn contacts. Now I have no friends. sad.gif Even though I don't really use msn messenger too much anymore, somebody friend me: rosebaby808 <--that is the number zero inbetween the 8's

I tried to add you but it kept saying invalid screen name. I'm rccgreenspan@hotmail.com, if you add me I'll add you back. biggrin.gif
  • IM BAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!

yeyeyeyeye... Montreal was great...

smile.gif
  • missed you twins!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 30 2008, 10:10 PM)

QUOTE (DJRose @ Aug 31 2008, 07:05 AM)
    I tried to add you but it kept saying invalid screen name. I'm rccgreenspan@hotmail.com, if you add me I'll add you back. biggrin.gif

Ah, I shall add you! I'm never sure how to do the whole msn thing, but I hear it's better than AIM. Here, try this screen name instead:
    bondgirl107@yahoo.com (that's 1, zero, 7)

Mel!!!!! Fel!!!!! You were sorely missed!!!!
  • Mel! Fel! What did you do? What did you see?
  • My former psychotic sex obsessed classmate sent me a link to this article. I'm too bashful to make a thread out of this, nevermind that Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore might think it's spam. But here is something you're not going to see me selling in my practice any time soon or later:

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2008-08-28/ne...enture-wearers/
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 30 2008, 10:52 PM)
    You know when you're married or have a boyfriend who you think you know everything about and suddenly you find out something about them that makes you go, "whaaa?" Well my best friend just admitted to me that she's been a long time hard core Dave Mathews Band fan. I mean wow? Why? I thought I knew you.

Haha, I know how you feel.
    Just yesterday I learned that this guy I like (slash-liked-slash-maybe-still-like) has an older brother.
    All this time I thought it was just him and his adorable Cabbage Patch kid of a little brother.

But then again, I don't know him all that well and have only ever said, "I dunno, maybe" to him, so right now I just feel dirtily creepy...
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 31 2008, 04:25 PM)
    Ah, I shall add you! I'm never sure how to do the whole msn thing, but I hear it's better than AIM. Here, try this screen name instead:
    bondgirl107@yahoo.com (that's 1, zero, 7)

Mel!!!!! Fel!!!!! You were sorely missed!!!!

i love the geriatric swinger set, also

welcome back twinzz
  • You truly post the most bizarre/interesting articles Tempe.

I've been for about a week and the OK Go topics are dead but the General Discussion is off the hook. I can't keep up.
  • you guys are radddddd

QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 31 2008, 09:45 PM)
    Mel! Fel! What did you do? What did you see?

so much random fun cheesy tourist stuff and fun stuff only mel and fel would think are fun... like a vinyl tour on the last day... and sliding down metal cows...
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 31 2008, 11:30 PM)
    My former psychotic sex obsessed classmate sent me a link to this article. I'm too bashful to make a thread out of this, nevermind that Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore might think it's spam. But here is something you're not going to see me selling in my practice any time soon or later:

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2008-08-28/ne...enture-wearers/

OMG disturbing!
    blink.gif
    "Sweet thing

Seriously. With a name like that, they'll never be cool. But while you were adjusting your berets, Sweet Thing were in the other room partying with people who have no problem singing 'da da da' at the top of their lungs for an hour. If Miles Davis were the birth of cool, Sweet Thing would be the pneumonia that killed him. Meet Sweet Thing, a five-piece Toronto band that play infectious pop tunes. Sometimes they get pretty rocking, in that dramatic way that feels best when you clench your fist and raise it to the sky. Charged with dueling guitars, Beach Boys harmonies, and energy up the wazoo, Sweet Thing are the musical equivalent of drinking a milkshake at a 50s diner where the waiter keeps jumping on the table (and you like it). Let's call it 'music to dance like a dork to'. Question: do you like your hands? If yes, then you better get your mammy to knit you some mitts you baby, because lead singer Owen Carrier will make you clap, hard. In fact, you'll do pretty much whatever he wants you to do when you get a load of that showmanship. Some say he sounds like Freddie Mercury, but Owen is so homophobic that he denies it. He's a real asshole. Owen formed the band three years ago with high school buddy Alex Last. Alex was born with no skin on his face but fortunately, he has a nice beard. He also plays guitar, and likes Michael Jackson. Alex is the sexy mysterious one, for some reason. Maybe it's because of his unique surf-meets-punk guitar playing. Or the skinless face. That's for you to figure out. Then there's the yin to Alex's skinless yang, Nick Rose. You've probably seen him in that commercial for that thing. Yeah, that's him. He's really into alt-country and Paul Simon. He plays guitar like an angel, and sings like an angel. He might be an angel. Weighing in at 153 pounds, he's the fattest member of Sweet Thing. That leaves us with the babes in the back. Tyler Kyte hits things, while Morgan Waters fingers things. Whoa horsey! We're talking the bass. And when Morgan lays down a groove and starts jumping around like a damn fool, you can't help but do the same. Tyler, on the other hand, plays the drums like he sexes the ladies - hard and fast. His brother has down syndrome, and when Tyler starts bashing away, you can barely tell them apart. So far, they've released a self-titled EP in 2006. People came to their shows and said 'yes, we like this'. EMI had no choice but to sign them. Now you have no choice but to listen to them, to worship them. They are currently working on their first full length album, and once that's a success, they'll get asymmetrical haircuts and Japanese girlfriends and change their name to something more cool and ironically cheeky, like 'Hitlerburger'. But in the meantime, they'll be up there 'da da da-ing' and making you dance like a dork. "

I just read that and became an instant fan...

http://www.myspace.com/sweetthingmusic
  • hahahahha Mel, that is pretty awesome.
    I think I'm a fan now too tongue.gif

So, I registered for classes today. It was kind of terrifying. But everything worked out, so I'm excited.
    Classes start Thursday.
    It's pretty intense.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2008, 03:05 PM)
    So, I registered for classes today. It was kind of terrifying. But everything worked out, so I'm excited.
    Classes start Thursday.
    It's pretty intense.

Yay! What are you taking?

I was about to post that I'm starting to miss Massachusetts, which is weird because I spent the better part of the past four years cursing out their baseball team and complaining about the snow. And now I miss it. unsure.gif I haven't seen my friends in Boston for about six months. I should fix that.
  • aww, yay MA! haha. I'm really glad I stayed in New England, even though I probably should have gone somewhere 'exotic' haha. But I really like it here, so far. smile.gif

I'm taking Intro to Anthropology, Latin Prose and Poetry, a first-year seminar on Lions in Science and Science Fiction, and Logic 100. Should be fun.
  • I went to get tickets today to see Craig Ferguson. It went a little something like this:

Tempe: Hi, I want the best seat you've got, as close as I can get.
    Box Office Boy: I'll put you in the front row.
    Tempe: Marry me!!! *Reach across the counter in Anamaniacs fashion to give the guy a big wet kiss*

I've got a front row seat to see Mr. Ferguson! This seat is even better than my graduation seat. I was in the 2nd row then. (For those of you who don't mosy on over to the Upcoming Shows thread, Mr. Ferguson is appearing at the exact same theater where my graduation was held.)

Should I bring him a dental goodie bag? What do you guys think? He often jokes about dentistry on his show.

The show isn't until Jan 10th, but I've got something to look forward to. I have a wee crush on him!! (Is it just me or do I go for guys who are older and richer than me and have some sort of UK-ish accent?)
  • yes! make him a goodie bag! he'll love it!