In this Discussion

Track 14

Comments

• hmm
    j/k
    i go with my initial thought of subliminal messages
  • hmm....are he and that girlfriend still dating? if not, maybe he did it to be mean.

i highly doubt it though.
  • maybe if you play it at the same time as the rest of the CD it matches up somehow... like Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz?

or maybe they wanted to reference that Andy Warhol movie where it was just someone sleeping

or maybe when you play it backwards it tells you to worship Darbie's duck

or maybe...
  • QUOTE (Leikela4 @ Aug 30 2005, 11:19 PM)
    maybe if you play it at the same time as the rest of the CD it matches up somehow... like Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz?

or maybe they wanted to reference that Andy Warhol movie where it was just someone sleeping

or maybe when you play it backwards it tells you to worship Darbie's duck

i actually considered that first one as well...
    but i prefer to believe the third one...
  • i like the andy warhol idea
  • i just listened to it.... i'm so confused, i can't figure out y they'd put it on their cd
    Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore any clues to offer?
  • Man, some of you sure are a sour bunch.

I hate bonus tracks on CDs, the kind that make you fast forward through twenty minutes of dead air to hear another three minutes of music. Highly annoying when listening in the car, and extremely annoying when loading the CD onto my iPod. When i saw there was a 34 minute bonus track on this CD, I couldn't believe OK Go would pull that crap. But when I listened to it all the way through, I thought it was hilarious. 34 minutes of nothing, or of someone sleeping, or whatever. It's funny, people. I'll never listen to it again, and do you know what? No one else has to, either. It's the last track on the album, so just shut it off when it comes on. Simple as that.

S'long,
    Kirk
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Aug 31 2005, 12:01 AM)
    it was a bet made by tim and damian in their folding chair days
    "I bet you couldnt get away with putting a 30 minute track of someone sleeping on a cd"

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA ahhh thats awesome!
  • I expect the entire reason it was put on there was to get people talking about it and discussing why its there. Unless its an indication of the route of music ok go will take for the next album?
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Aug 31 2005, 12:01 AM)
    it was a bet made by tim and damian in their folding chair days
    "I bet you couldnt get away with putting a 30 minute track of someone sleeping on a cd"

tee hee. I didn't realise that it was somebody sleeping. I just kept fast forwarding through the whole thing, thinking, "Where's Damian's voice, WHERE'S DAMIAN'S VOICE!!?!??!"

It's a bit disconcerting, yet amsuing, actually. I mean, what if Damian and this g/f break up? Would you want a 35 minute recording of yourself on your ex-boyfriend's album? Probably not. Though it could make interesting conversation for the grandkids if they don't..."Honey, you remember the time you recorded 35 minutes of me sleeping for you CD?" "Oh, yeah...what was I on when I did that...?"

But, anywho, the interview was interesting, especially since 1) he mentioned my friends' candy ping-pong table from the NoHo, MA show, and 2) Damian reveals that he ships Harry/Ginny!!! Squee!!! *does a dance* (Sorry. Rabid Harry Potter fan over here. I'll just shut up now...)
  • I listened to it with my awesome high-tech head phones that I bought for $10 and I hear some smacking and stuff . . .

Is someone playing tonsil hockey?!?!?!? HMMMMMM?!?!?!?
  • when I first listened to it, it was playing while I was doing something else, so it wasn't until like 15 minutes into it that I realized there was no music playing lol...so then I went to my computer and fast forwarded into random parts to see if there was a hidden song somewhere but no such luck. It wasn't until I looked on the message board that I even knew there were sounds in it.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 2 2005, 09:36 PM)
    But, anywho, the interview was interesting, especially since 1) he mentioned my friends' candy ping-pong table from the NoHo, MA show, and 2) Damian reveals that he ships Harry/Ginny!!! Squee!!! *does a dance* (Sorry. Rabid Harry Potter fan over here. I'll just shut up now...)

yeah I was so excited that he mentioned our Ping-Pong table!!! biggrin.gif and I too am a hardcore harry potter fan and was very excited to see that damian was too!!! biggrin.gif man, so he really is perfect huh?
  • im givin up on the mystery of the magic track.im just gona let u all figure it out.lol
    im a freeloader.
  • Pfft. This track is nothing special or subliminal or in sequence with any movie on earth. Yes, I am a loser, and can honestly say that I have listened to the 35 minute track at least 5-times through on full blast just out of curiosity. I have found nothing interesting at all. Some cars here, some kissing there, some giggling, some tossing and turning. I just don't get it!

Did they make this track to make their fans go mental trying to figure it out and then it leads to nothing?

Or I like RejectedSponge's folding-chair-days theory.
  • kaylee did you give me a guitar pick at the Stubbs show two weeks ago?
  • Holy crap. I gave three dudes and my friend a pick. I ran up on stage. I had orange hair and a brown OK GO tank on. Was that me?!
    Did you hug me and say "I LOVE YOU TOO!"

Crazy if that's you... !
    It's a small world.
  • I like to entertain the theory that Damian and his girlfriend broke up before this album was done (he did say something about 3 out of four of the members breaking up with long term girlfriends in one of those interviews, and isn't Andy (dunkan) married?) and this 35 minute sleep recording is some odd inside joke, and he put it on the album as some sort of crazy romantic gesture to get her back.

Highly doubful....but hey, it's funny to think about.
  • dudes, seriously, it's me sleeping... i gave them $42 to put it on there...
  • hehe

all this worry and I haven't even heard it yet, cos it isn't released here until after my birthday, so i can't even have it for my birthday present. Even tho I have it illegally.... I just want the CD!!! And secret track 14....., hehe