In this Discussion

Post your picture

Comments

I was trying to pet it. Fucking ducks.
  • He wants popcorn..
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 31 2006, 07:03 PM)
    He wants popcorn..

I had none. I was at a sculpture park with Ken and we ended up just lying in the sun. The ducks were really friendly and only wanted love (i.e. food) and were sort of circling us. So, I decided to try and pet one. What happened was 10 minutes of trying to lull the ducks into a false sense of security as Ken took pictures.

But it, dear Boardies, was NOT IN VAIN. I did, indeed, pet a duck.
  • Here's one of me...don't mind my sweat rings...oh wait, that's Damian. If I look tired and sweaty it's because I was tired and sweaty--this is after waiting in the blazing Texas sun for hours and then getting moshed around by a bunch of overly exuberant Panic at the Disco fans.

• QUOTE (God @ Aug 31 2006, 08:04 AM)
    She's the bitch on the left.
    You kinda look like Jen.
    I don't know, you both have nice teeth. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Penelope @ Aug 31 2006, 05:57 PM)
    Here's one of me...
    You must be fairly tall ...? Or was he shortening himself spread-eagle as he is wont to do? smile.gif

lol Kinda funny using Damian as a yardstick for how tall people are. I'm 5'5". He's standing normal height here. image
    God, I can't stand my boobs in this picture. They don't really look like that. Bizarre angle/bra issues? *weep* LOL
    Glare makes me look cock-eyed too. Good God. God? Where were you?? laugh.gif
    He looks good.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 2 2006, 11:50 PM)
    You kinda look like Jen.
    I don't know, you both have nice teeth. biggrin.gif

You must be fairly tall ...? Or was he shortening himself spread-eagle as he is wont to do? smile.gif

Just how tall IS Damian?

QUOTE (Penelope @ Sep 1 2006, 08:57 AM)
    Here's one of me...don't mind my sweat rings...oh wait, that's Damian. If I look tired and sweaty it's because I was tired and sweaty--this is after waiting in the blazing Texas sun for hours and then getting moshed around by a bunch of overly exuberant Panic at the Disco fans.

He looks so fabulous in that photo.

And by fabulous I mean "Gay".

I love it.
  • I'd say at least 6'2". 6'3" maybe? I used to have a 6'3" friend and I'm trying to compare from memory ...
    I'm going with 6'3".
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 3 2006, 12:15 AM)
    I'd say at least 6'2". 6'3" maybe? I used to have a 6'3" friend and I'm trying to compare from memory ...
    I'm going with 6'3".

Oh that's a nice, hot height.

It's not 6'10" (I'm still reeling from that), but it's good. I <3 tall guys.
  • Yeah, it's nice wink.gif

I already feel guilty saying that. My husband's my height. smile.gif

There's an NPR article from back when they were on the This American Life tour, which would be 2002 maybe? Earlier? Anyway (I certainly doubt their heights have changed! lol), it had some silly funny stuff in it and mentioned their median height being 5'11". And that throws me, because Tim's quite a bit shorter than Damian, so for the median to still be 5'11", Damian, being the tallest, would have to be pretty darn tall. But looking at where his head lines up with mine and allowing for an inch or two more were he standing up completely straight, I don't think there's enough difference in inches to make him as tall as that median suggests ... Maybe I've just gotten completely math-stupid.

I keep being tempted to say he's 6'4". But something's holding me back from that.

I don't know.

J orge, can you get out the OK Go tape measure?

HA, that's a good idea for merch
  • Psha, the taller the better! I still can't believe I met a guy who was 6'10". It was amazing, like, "Wow. People actually get that tall?"
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 31 2006, 02:00 PM)
    I was trying to pet it. Fucking ducks.
    You know, ducks are rapists.

Males gang-rape females. I shit you not. I know someone who witnessed it, and someone else who knows someone who witnessed it. And it's documented that they do this.

Fucking ducks.

That said, there is an excessively sweet mated for life pair of mallards that we see around the neighborhood every year. It's incredibly heartwarming.

Of course, I told my friend who witnessed the duck rape and it led into us joking that maybe she's not happy and she's got battered duck syndrome.

When I told my husband this story, he said, "Mmmm, battered duck ..."

Holy shit, that was a ramble ...

Fucking ducks
  • I personally prefer swans. We have black swans on my lake and they're very pretty to look out on when you're lounging in your backyard feeding the ugly ducklings.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2006, 09:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73409
    I still can't believe I met a guy who was 6'10". It was amazing, like, "Wow. People actually get that tall?"
    Man, that must have been weird talking to him.

There's a girl at work I see in the lunchroom sometimes who's gotta be about 6'2". I try not to stare, but she boggles my mind every time. "Holy shit, she's tall!"

QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2006, 09:39 AM)
    I personally prefer swans. We have black swans on my lake and they're very pretty to look out on when you're lounging in your backyard feeding the ugly ducklings.

The future rapists, you mean.

Fucking ducks
  • I didn't really talk to him. I just kept hugging him and gushing about how tall he was (Mind you I was shitfaced drunk at the time). It was great to hug him, 'cause he was a foot taller than me (OK, one foot and one inch) and for one of the first times in my life I felt really small and it was fun. It was good that he humoured the ickle drunk girl.

QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 3 2006, 12:42 AM)
    The future rapists, you mean.

Fucking ducks

lol swans are monogamous, i swear!
  • Ha, that's sweet biggrin.gif

I meant that about the 6'10" hugger.

About the swans, I was thinking you meant the ugly ducklings were really ducklings as opposed to ... swanlings.

I'm slow.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 3 2006, 12:44 AM)
    Ha, that's sweet biggrin.gif

I meant that about the 6'10" hugger.

I figured happy.gif

QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 3 2006, 12:44 AM)
    About the swans, I was thinking you meant the ugly ducklings were really ducklings as opposed to ... swanlings.

I'm slow.

lol I'm sure you're just tired wink.gif
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2006, 02:06 PM)
    Just how tall IS Damian?
    He looks so fabulous in that photo.

And by fabulous I mean "Gay".

I love it.

HA, I think he just looks plain fabulous. I have this picture on my refrigerator, that's how much of a crush I have...
    I am NOT tall, only 5'3"; so yes, he was doing the fabulous spread eagle leg thing that he does so well. This was right after our infamous conversation about being married..... so I was still a little sad sad.gif
  • Hmm I'm 6'5, and I don't remember him being as tall as me.
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Sep 2 2006, 10:53 AM)
    that's how much of a crush I have...
    Well, you know what they say about crushes. I'll refrain.

QUOTE (Penelope @ Sep 2 2006, 10:53 AM)
    so yes, he was doing the fabulous spread eagle leg thing that he does so well.
    Hmm, so did you have a crotch-hip thing going on? wink.gif smile.gif

Aw, about the sad part, you've got your sweet-sounding hubby smile.gif

QUOTE (Vendro @ Sep 2 2006, 10:58 AM)
    Hmm I'm 6'5, and I don't remember him being as tall as me.
    Yay, a reference point!