In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• Inside of my left wrist. Sounds risky for jobs, but there are always long sleeves, watches, bracelets and bandaids!
  • My roommate won a tree from Cake last night, all because she is a crossword genius and knew a clue to what type of tree it was.
    Now we have a TREE FROM CAKE on our back porch. SICK!
  • DUDE
    they gave away a tree when I saw them too!
    I didn't get it...
    But that's AWESOME that your friend did!
    really, that's wicked cool, Amy.

My radio show went ok!
    one of the PSAs went horribly wrong, but other than that, nothing was awful.
    I didn't do a good job of talking, really, but I didn't do awful either.
    hopefully I'll get better, and be really good when all you guys get to listen =D

edit: tree, not cake. damn. I ttly didn't notice that yesterday at all.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 27 2008, 06:03 PM)
    My tattoo appointment got bumped up from next week to this Tuesday! AAHH NERVOUS!

Kay! I'm so excited for you!!! smile.gif
    Tats are the best, Angie (beasle) has one inside her left wrist too, a cursive-y fun 'A' and the left wrist isn't SO bad, since you shake with your right... too bad I'm getting mine on my right wrist to balance out the tat I have on my left foot!! Have fun, you're going to stare at it, brag about it and show it off forever
  • Aww, Katie!! Thank you so much, that totally erased my anxiety about it! wub.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 28 2008, 01:27 AM)
    Inside of my left wrist. Sounds risky for jobs, but there are always long sleeves, watches, bracelets and bandaids!

It's a great spot for a tat. It's noticeable...but not TOO noticeable. Perfect for the professional world because like you said, you can cover it very easily if needed. But I found that people at the office I worked at really really liked it!

You're going to get lots of complements tongue.gif

Show us pictures when you get it!
  • Thanks Angie!! I think it's the perfect spot, too. It's not obnoxious, but at the same time it lets people know you're a badass, hahaha. Plus a lot of workplaces are adapting and don't care at all about tattoos. My camera just got back from being fixed, so it's totally fate and I'll make sure you guys are among the first to see it! wink.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Sep 27 2008, 12:40 PM)
    Hahahahaha, PROOF that the void between Yanks fans and Becky fans can be bridged.

What? The B *is* for Becky.

Ba-da-bum tsch.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Sep 27 2008, 09:47 AM)
    And this, too.

Too cute! You two will be sending out holiday cards with that picture on it, right?

QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 27 2008, 03:03 PM)
    My tattoo appointment got bumped up from next week to this Tuesday! AAHH NERVOUS!

Awesome! I hope it goes swimmingly! I want to a get a tattoo, but I have no money. sad.gif Plus my current tattoo choice is kind of ugly, but I love it to death, so whatever.

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 28 2008, 10:18 AM)
    My radio show went ok!
    one of the PSAs went horribly wrong, but other than that, nothing was awful.
    I didn't do a good job of talking, really, but I didn't do awful either.
    hopefully I'll get better, and be really good when all you guys get to listen =D

Yay! You're our very own radio star!

My happy list:
    -waking up this morning to my sister blasting The Kinks on the record player
    -chocolate covered macadamia nuts
    -$0.50 records at the Big Book Sale (San Francisco Library fundraiser)
    -buying a Men at Work album and random Swedish folk records
    -watching The Amazing Race because my sister and I act like we might do it one day, but we wouldn't even be able to run farther than 1/2 a mile
    -seeing Elvis Costello and Ben Kweller in one week for free!
    -planning Elvis Costello stalking strategies with my mom
  • Going to see Locksley AND the Kooks in one weekend smile.gifsmile.gif WITH my partner in crime (and a couple others). DUH.
  • yesyesYES!!!!
    yay for concerts... FINALLY!
  • Is he orange!? That is so cool!!!
  • AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Aah-Door-Eee-Bullllllll.
  • everybodys fave germans

mayo and Henrietta

have arived in there new place and send there hellos to everyone =]
  • So, after 4 days of being a nervous wreck....my tattoo didn't hurt at all.
  • See it's not bad at all!

Pictures pleassssse smile.gifsmile.gif
  • My camera's batteries have taken the worst possible opportunity to die, but I'll try and have some up for tomorrow!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Sep 28 2008, 10:54 PM)
    My happy list:
    -waking up this morning to my sister blasting The Kinks on the record player
    -chocolate covered macadamia nuts
    -$0.50 records at the Big Book Sale (San Francisco Library fundraiser)
    -buying a Men at Work album and random Swedish folk records
    -watching The Amazing Race because my sister and I act like we might do it one day, but we wouldn't even be able to run farther than 1/2 a mile
    -seeing Elvis Costello and Ben Kweller in one week for free!
    -planning Elvis Costello stalking strategies with my mom

This is indeed a very awesome happy list! I would so pay to see you on Amazing Race. Free Elvis Costello!? Does he live near there? Can't wait to hear your review. Ooo! Swedish records! Are they any good? For some reason it makes me think "polka" which is completely different.

My happy for the day:
    -blasting Ok Go, the Kinks, and T.Rex out my car stereo to confuse the kiddies
    -pocky (gimme!)
    -T. Rex (again)
    -free Chinese food
    -agentnumone's bunny
  • - adorable bunnies!!!
    - my new dress form!!! (i've wanted one for years now, and while occasionally seeing the small/medium/large adjustable ones go on sale, i've not in my years of searching ever seen the petite ones go on sale and i simply couldn't afford a new one, but i found a used one on ebay this past week and it just arrived!!! can't wait to create on it...)
    - finally getting to see dot dot dot again this weekend!.. (it's been over a month, i'm going thru serious withdrawls here...)