In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Oct 1 2008, 12:05 PM)
    - adorable bunnies!!!
    - my new dress form!!! (i've wanted one for years now, and while occasionally seeing the small/medium/large adjustable ones go on sale, i've not in my years of searching ever seen the petite ones go on sale and i simply couldn't afford a new one, but i found a used one on ebay this past week and it just arrived!!! can't wait to create on it...)
    - finally getting to see dot dot dot again this weekend!.. (it's been over a month, i'm going thru serious withdrawls here...)

I wish I were petite. Oh and: TAKE ME WITH YOU! unsure.gif

- my baby sister, for forcing me to discover T.Rex
    - this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo-EloobDB4
    which is a T.Rextified cover of Let's Dance by Chris Montez in 1962. Here's the original song with completely unrelated albums being shown on the screen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo0JJ4UEX0o

(tee-hee "T.Rextified" I think I made that up)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 30 2008, 08:47 PM)
    This is indeed a very awesome happy list! I would so pay to see you on Amazing Race. Free Elvis Costello!? Does he live near there? Can't wait to hear your review. Ooo! Swedish records! Are they any good? For some reason it makes me think "polka" which is completely different.

No, he just really likes the Bay Area I guess. Apparently he's been in town since Friday! I didn't think he would be here until yesterday. Totally threw off my stalking plan. I haven't listened to any of the Swedish ones yet, but I'll let you know how they are.

-Pushing Daisies wub.gif
  • I GET TO CALL LONDON AT WORK AND HEAR ENGLISH ACCENTS!!!!!!!

One of the partners left his shaving kit at the hotel in London, and I get to call them and tell them where to send it. Hee hee hee. biggrin.gif

(If Only Alice worked at that hotel, then I could just call her)

Yes I know I'm ridiculous, what of it?
  • ^^ Hahahahahaha Rachel's excitement at hearing English accents makes me happy. I wish I worked at that hotel.

But what makes me even MORE happy is the fact that I'M GOING TO UNIVERSITY TOMORROW!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!

I've been packing and shopping for stuff all day and I'm so fucking excited I can't actually contain it anymore!!
  • -Alice being at Cambridge RIGHT NOW
    -free concerts in the park
    -my mom wanting to come see Elvis Costello with me tomorrow because I keep talking about him
  • -Other boardies being on other boardies happy lists
    -Going hiking with him and said guy asking for my number/asking to hang out on the way back home
  • - Ok Go boardies who give you well wishes when you don't feel so good

- the lovely Kalinda who made my day with an Elvis Costello concert call

- imagining myself back in San Francisco tongue.gif
  • My halloween costume.

Oh. Seeing Locksley and the Kooks this week/weekend smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Oct 5 2008, 08:00 PM)
    My halloween costume.

Oh. Seeing Locksley and the Kooks this week/weekend smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Ooo, ooo. You are lucky!

What's your halloween costume going to be?

Edit: Doesn't matter what time of day or what time of year, this is so adorabley gay it always makes me happy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y-x2fWKbmo
  • I second the Locksley/Kooks excitement biggrin.gif

-The Ben Kweller concert call I got from K... mmm it really made my day!!
    -My Halloween costume, too! (Wilma Flintstone)
    -The wife being at Cambridge... I expect pictures, ASAP!!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 6 2008, 03:54 PM)
    -The wife being at Cambridge... I expect pictures, ASAP!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Guys I'm so sorry for being this self centred, but I have absolutely no time to read all these threads I've been missing, lol. I swear this is the most hectic lifestyle ever. I LOVE IT!!!

I'm having an absolutely incredible time (tonight's a fancy dress bar crawl - go as things beginning with the letter K because we're at King's College - I've splattered a tshirt with red food dye and got a plastic knife to be a killer wink.gif), and everyone's lovely and the drinks are cheap and I am so so happy!!

Also, (Tempe this is especially for you) one of my medic friends looks a little bit like Davy Jones from The Monkees hehe!!

I love and miss you alll!!!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 5 2008, 11:12 PM)
    Edit: Doesn't matter what time of day or what time of year, this is so adorabley gay it always makes me happy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y-x2fWKbmo

oh em gee.... that was amazing tempe... HAHAHHA thanks

• QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 8 2008, 06:10 PM)
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Guys I'm so sorry for being this self centred, but I have absolutely no time to read all these threads I've been missing, lol. I swear this is the most hectic lifestyle ever. I LOVE IT!!!

I'm having an absolutely incredible time (tonight's a fancy dress bar crawl - go as things beginning with the letter K because we're at King's College - I've splattered a tshirt with red food dye and got a plastic knife to be a killer wink.gif), and everyone's lovely and the drinks are cheap and I am so so happy!!

Also, (Tempe this is especially for you) one of my medic friends looks a little bit like Davy Jones from The Monkees hehe!!

I love and miss you alll!!!

miss ya alie =]
  • - Hearing from Alice
    - The adorable Associate candidate with the very mild English accent sitting in front of me. Moments like this I *really* love my job.
  • getting to chat with Peter for awhile today!! it's been awhile since we've corresponded (okay, maybe like, a week or so...) but still! real live IM'ing and not just emails. he called the people he meets blokes... apparently THEY all have brit accents wink.gif it was nice, reaffirmed how much i miss him though...
  • I'm soooooo happy! Happy isn't even the word for it- I'm way past even exuberant.
    I LOVE MY DENTIST. She shaved away my teeth's irregularities and then- TODAY SHE GAVE ME MY FIRST INVISALIGN TRAY!
    I said, "I'm going to have straight teeth!" And then I hugged her! And now I'm practically skipping around everywhere!
    She's so brilliant and awesome and I trust her completely wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
    She answered even my random teeth questions that don't have to do with this. aaaaa, she's my hero!

Tempe is my other favorite dentist smile.gif
  • anything and everything about tonight.
    Friendly Foes... Hymns (wow, they kick ass) and of course... Locksley!!

kai, jordan and jesse (sorry sam, i didn't get to talk to you!) those guys rule my world.
    i love i finally had another adventure with my partner in crime, too wink.gif
  • ^^So jealous!

-J0rge is back! Sort of.
  • My best friend sent me this pic. Too cute, makes me smile and snicker:

• lol... that reminds me of a sticker I saw on an ATM once... it was just like this: