In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• My parents all of a sudden got much better at picking birthday presents for me- they came to see me at school today smile.gif
    But seriously, my presents this year rock biggrin.gif

Also, I bought myself The History Boys on DVD wub.gif
    so I'm happy now.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 20 2009, 05:13 PM)
    My parents all of a sudden got much better at picking birthday presents for me- they came to see me at school today smile.gif
    But seriously, my presents this year rock biggrin.gif

Also, I bought myself The History Boys on DVD wub.gif
    so I'm happy now.

i liked the history boys, untill it got all creepy uncle...

it was fun though

and happy birthday?
  • adding "you're so damn hot" as my profile song on myspace

omgeezus

"which other rubes are ridin' hot shottt suugarrrrrr"

hehehehe biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Apr 21 2009, 12:56 AM)
    i liked the history boys, untill it got all creepy uncle...

it was fun though

and happy birthday?

bday est tomorrow smile.gif
    yesterday was the only day my parents were free to visit, is all.
    but thanks anyways (y)

and yeah, I was creeped out at first, but I think it handled that bit well. and it wasn't pedophilia- he wouldn't go near the ones that weren't mature. it was just.... creeper. I think the point was that all his good qualities still outweighed that one fault so that even though he's obviously inappropriate, by the end you still love him and don't want him gone.
    Anyways, yeah. I love the movie and the radio version and the written play, I just wish I'd been able to see it live. I was in New York City while it was on Broadway but I was oblivious.

Edit: I just realized this, and it totally counts as a happy- thephantommilk is currently a fan of neutral milk hotel. I've never really listened to them, but I like the double milk. biggrin.gif
  • Going to a Craft Your Own Gender night at a local skillshare with a friend. I've gotten more comfortable just being myself around people (read: being completely insane). A couple of friends and I planned a Guerrilla 50s Club Night (where we'd all dress in 50s attire, infiltrate a local club, and only do 50s style dances. Eff bumping and grinding, we're doing the MASHED POTATO).

Boyfriend is also coming up tonight and it's actually warm(ish) here. So, there are adventures to be had this weekend!

Also, I've been feeling far more comfortable biking around the city. I even changed my flat tire ALL BY MYSELF (rather than having to lug my tire out the the bike co-op to which I belong; it always makes me feel shy since it isn't that hard to change a tire, I just have weak wrists). However, in the morning, there are always large piles of horse crap in the bike lane. I have NO idea how they get there, but I think there's one horse on the loose in Montreal that roams the streets at night, but is very polite to automobiles and so stays in the bike lane. There's something really fantastic about bikes; they're so beautifully simple.

I am slowly become a hippie. Skillshare? Bike co-op? Vegan cookies? Hippie.
  • i've just returned from ok go wub.gif
  • That's wonderful! Hurray!!! *throwing flowers* How was it?
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Apr 24 2009, 03:09 AM)
    i've just returned from ok go wub.gif

I love that this was posted at 2 am your time. biggrin.gif

My Happy List is getting a phone call at 12:20, and Adam coming in all angry saying "who is calling you after midnight???" only to hear garbled strains of "This Too Shall Pass" through my phone and smile knowingly.
  • My concert call from Katie biggrin.gif wub.gif

haha, Katie, I was just kind of waiting for you to hang up but you just kept me on the phone. laugh.gif I could hear What to Do PERFECTLY. The other songs I could mainly just hear the beat but it was still very cool. The first song sounded like the beat to DAM and then it cleared up RIGHT as he said, "Don't be so damn benign, Don't wast my f***ing time!" lol! It was awesome
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 24 2009, 07:03 AM)
    My Happy List is getting a phone call at 12:20, and Adam coming in all angry saying "who is calling you after midnight???" only to hear garbled strains of "This Too Shall Pass" through my phone and smile knowingly.

YAY!!! You got the call!!

My happy: Click Me! Click Me!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 24 2009, 04:38 PM)
    YAY!!! You got the call!!

My happy: Click Me! Click Me!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Awwww.
  • The DJ playing some absolute classics and everyone following me and my friends in the dance to "Saturday Night"
    Vodka shots
    Moscow Mules
    Shayne the barman who loves me
    A certain boy who makes me melt with the following conversation:
    Him: "You looked good today" (talking about our rowing outing)
    Me: "I know, we did pretty well!!"
    Him: "No, I meant you. Just you." *smiles*
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Awww!

My happies:
    V-neck shirts,
    Ginger-haired boy (a new one).
  • glad you got the call, bekker wink.gif i had to call you for Don't Ask Me b/c i know it's your fave and i just set my phone on the stage for the rest, haha glad you could hear SOME of it!!

this weekend was absolute perfection
  • Still on cloud 9. Seriously, he's/they're a drug.
  • Seeing the Two Man Gentlemen Band in 3 weeks. In a tiny little pub in bath = drinks and very intimate gig. Cannot wait smile.gif
  • alice. they like redheads. fyi. wink.gif mr. bean came up to me and introduced himself because he recognized the red hair. swears to god.
  • STFULKjdknfkshhhh seriously? SWEET. Can't wait to finally meet them!
  • www.deepleap.org and my roommate and I shouting our respective scores from our respective rooms

I like surrounding myself with things that overwhelm me emotionally when I am already emotionally overwhelmed. Example: while studying for finals (while my body was rampaged by hormones), I spent my free time listening to math rock, reading 2666, and watching Swedish vampire movies and Grey Gardens (which I find beautiful and terribly sad all at once)

All the women I idolize are, for the most part, crazy outsiders... or at least odd, sassy, intellectuals: Little Edie, Amy Sedaris, Sarah Vowell, etc.
  • First and foremost, apologies in advance to all Yankee fans (I have no team loyalties when it comes to sports... except the Habs), but I just thought this was so cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVtUKX-rVj4

If nothing else, it's just REALLY BALLSY