In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• Strawberry Vanilla ice cream from BLUEBELL!!!!! I am in ice-cream paradise.
  • OSU going to the BCS National Championship! Woohoo!
    I'm so happy right now smile.gif
  • Listening to Radiohead.
  • -vince vaughn in fred claus.

gooooood movie.
  • second post on that movie in a row from you, you really do like it...haha... i haven't even heard of it...
  • -gorging myself on popcorn for movie night with my roomies. Movies watched:
    Beacause Grese 1 obviously wasn't enough
    and
    duh.
    -It's snowing. This means that every part of my body just wants to hibernate. And who am I to stop it? This snow means I have to trek through it to get to class, and I will end up wet and cold. Still, part of me genuinely enjoys this.
  • mmm snow
    and school delays.
    and warm food and drinks
    and chemistry books that magically appear in rooms you've already searched.

• Knowing that something small you did maybe did make a difference in the world, after all. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Dec 3 2007, 09:47 PM)
    Knowing that something small you did maybe did make a difference in the world, after all. smile.gif

Care to elaborate doll?

-Going out to a tea place with a couple of friends and playing chess for the first time in years. Not only that, but being joined by a young girl who was sassy and could only speak French (though we did learn that "licorn" is "unicorn" in French!) and, later, trying to escape from handcuffs brought over by two guys with an 8-track. All the while, my friends and I were drawing and laughing.

I sometimes forget that my life can be pretty fantastic. I'm just lucky to have friends who make it so.
  • -making chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels for my secret santa smile.gif

i got to eat the "extras"
  • - Having a 'The Office' (US version) marathon on dvd. I finally saved enough money to buy the first two seasons yay!
    - Hearing/watching Dwight explain his 'perfect date' hahaha!
  • my friend passing her first and very important and very difficult test in her medical studies at university.
  • Something amazing happened today!
    I work at a vet hospital, and there were cats named Damian, Rusty and Timmy in a ward!!!!!! blink.gif
    (unfortunately no Dan..)
    OMG I squealed and tried to explain to my collegues but they looked at me as if I was insane
  • haha thats so cool!
    I would freak out too smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Nahko @ Dec 4 2007, 05:53 PM)
    Something amazing happened today!
    I work at a vet hospital, and there were cats named Damian, Rusty and Timmy in a ward!!!!!! blink.gif
    (unfortunately no Dan..)
    OMG I squealed and tried to explain to my collegues but they looked at me as if I was insane

OK That? Is. Awesome.
  • i already decided months ago my next pet would be named rusty... smile.gif

also...

-TOMORROW! I AM SEEING OK GO. TOMORROWWWWWWW flkadjfl;kjdsfk;lajdsfk;ljsdfklsad
  • Only 3 more weeks at my job and then I quit and I spend like 4 weeks with my best friend and all my family and then I go back to school. YEAHHHHH. Oh and a lady came in today and yelled at me because we don't have hannukah candles and called me and the entire town Anti-sematic. It made me want to laugh so hard I peed my pants but I controlled myself, just blinked until she stormed out the door. It was AWESOME!
  • ^^That reminds me of something one of my friends was telling me about how her mom couldn't find any Hanukkah wrapping paper and wondering if stores were becoming antisemitic.

-almost done with my first quarter of college!
  • ^^

I just want to say that it really sucks when you're being treated like the bastard stepchild just because you don't celebrate the same holiday as everyone else. Also, when you go to the store and you want to find something that you *should* be able to find (like wrapping paper that's a plain color, or at least not blatantly for Christmas) and you can't. Or when you want to buy your Mom a Chanukah card and can't because there aren't any Chanukah cards in the store that aren't related to Christmas in some way. It's disheartening.

So yeah, maybe she didn't have any business yelling at you, but I definitely express disappointment when I go into a store and their stock (or lack thereof) tells me that I am not a valuable customer to them.

I have to say that this time of year can be very difficult for those of us who don't celebrate Christmas, and yeah, it does sometimes feel like this country is very Anti-Semitic.

This isn't meant to start any argument or anything, but the burgeoning conversation is kinda hurtful to me.
  • yeah I can understand how the season can be disheartening for you, but i was laughing because we didn't have them or the because the lady was saying we were all anti semitic, but the fact that she thinks i have any control over what comes into the store, I am just a lowly cashier and to tell you the truth we don't have anything we could order that is Chanukkah, we order from the warehouse and the warehouse decides what it has. so the fact that she blamed me was the funny part. I am sorry if I offended. I'm a very religious person and would never want to hurt someone because of their religion. I'm sorry if I offended. But today is the first night of Chanukkah! Happy Chanukkah!