In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• QUOTE (punkwhitechocolate @ Dec 5 2007, 01:44 PM)
    yeah I can understand how the season can be disheartening for you, but i was laughing because we didn't have them or the because the lady was saying we were all anti semitic, but the fact that she thinks i have any control over what comes into the store, I am just a lowly cashier and to tell you the truth we don't have anything we could order that is Chanukkah, we order from the warehouse and the warehouse decides what it has. so the fact that she blamed me was the funny part. I am sorry if I offended. I'm a very religious person and would never want to hurt someone because of their religion. I'm sorry if I offended. But today is the first night of Chanukkah! Happy Chanukkah!

Last night was the first night, but thank you. smile.gif

I think that what happened was that the lady was upset and frustrated, and taking it out on you. Which happens all the time this time of year with people of ALL backgrounds, as I'm sure you realize. And while yes, the lady was taking it out on the WRONG person, rather than laughing at her and taking pleasure in her frustration, you could go to your manager and ask them why your store *doesn't* carry Chanukah candles. You could make the world a better place, just by that one little gesture. It's a business opportunity. Imagine, maybe that woman went to every store in town and not one of them carried candles for her menorah. That last store, yours in this case, got the brunt of her frustration. But if your store took the step and DID carry the candles, your store could get all of her appreciation, and even all of her business. That is exactly why I *do* say something to any store employee I can find when I am frustrated about this sort of thing. She DEFINITELY took it too far in calling the store anti-semitic, but she was right to say something.

What upset me about the post was how you said it was "AWESOME" that she was upset. And you were so happy about it that you came on here and posted about it. That's all. And it's okay. She was definitely wrong to yell.
  • But we have told our boss MULTIPLE times to get Chanukkah stuff. She has no way to get it. The company won't let her, and we've even asked the company to get it. We've done all we can. And i'm sorry if I offended you, but from my point of view it was kind of funnny the way it all happened. I'm sorry. I was happy because 1. She didn't ruin my night, which happens alot when customers get angry. 2. I HAVE tried to solve that particular problem. and 3. Because the way she stormed in asked, yelled at me and then stormed out with so much as a second glance when I told her about what candles we did have. I don't know excatly what she needed but we do have some candles. So I'm sorry if I offended in that I posted it on the Happy thread but it did make kind of happy that I was an efficent employee who didn't let a customer get her down and that had tried to solve her problems and the fact that she called me Anti-semitic. I'm very very very NOT anti-semitic. I'm a member of a church that had a Death Warrant on them until 1976 so I'm not anti-semitic or anything like that. so i'm sorry.
  • - my friend's cover of "colours" by donovan.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Dec 4 2007, 12:37 AM)
    Care to elaborate doll?

I decided to organize a food drive for my school, and we ended up with hundreds of pounds of food. It was awesome. And then I was volunteering at the local soup kitchen and a homeless woman came up to me and thanked me for collecting the food. Which confused me, because it didn't benefit her. But apparently she somehow heard from the person in charge there, which made me beam with pride.

I make myself sound like a saint. Here's the deal: I'm the most selfish, most uncharitable person ever. Really. I just decided to do these things as a random spur-of-the-moment thing, which I like to do every so often to keep life interesting. New experiences, shit like that. I really didn't want any credit, but it was sweet.

Today, on my happy list, is something that is often on there: The Office.
    But seriously, what's happier than five solid hours with Michael, Dwight, Jim, and Pam?

Michael: Oh, and another fun thing. We, at the end of the night, are going to give the check to an actual group of Boy Scouts. Right, Toby? We're gonna...
    Toby: Actually, I didn't think it was appropriate to invite children since it's... you know, there's gambling and alcohol, and it's in our dangerous warehouse, and it's a school night... and, you know, Hooters is catering. You know, is that enough? Should I keep going?
    Michael: [sighs] Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it... not... that way.
    [silence]
    I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.
    [silence]
    Michael: Okay, you know what? I will not donate my winnings to Comic Relief, since apparently it doesn't exist. I am going to donate to Afghanistanis with AIDS.
    Jim: I think you mean the aid to Afghanistan.
    Michael: No, I mean Afghanistanis with AIDS.
    Phyllis: Afghani.
    Michael: What?
    Phyllis: Afghani.
    Michael: That's a dog.
    Pam: No, that's "afghan."
    Michael: That's a shawl.
    Dwight: Wait, canine AIDS?
    Michael: No. Humans with AIDS.
    Creed: Who has AIDS?
    Jim: Guys, the Afghanistananies.
    Michael: Okay, you know what? No. No. AIDS is not funny. Believe me, I have tried.
    laugh.gif

Oh, and also: felt. I made some crazy things with felt today. And googly eyes.

I also made a mini snowman in my Am lit class out of real snow from outside and knick knacks stolen from my teacher's desk. Was cool (pun), until it melted. I had to clean it up.
  • I loveeeee Fun Run.
    That made my life smile.gif

Oh Jim... wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Dec 6 2007, 01:26 AM)
    I also made a mini snowman in my Am lit class out of real snow from outside and knick knacks stolen from my teacher's desk. Was cool (pun), until it melted. I had to clean it up.

haha, oh, i wish there was some snow here... sigh...

oh and you really don't sound any selfish at all, what you did was great, really really.

My Happy list:

I have red hair now.... i did it myself.... and i love it!!!

and:

i just made myself a maccabees bag... ( ok, so i wrote the lyrics of toothpaste kisses on a blank bag and added some hearts and a toothbrush and stuff... 'twas fun and i can't wait to walk around with it... yay)

• QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Dec 6 2007, 12:26 AM)
    I decided to organize a food drive for my school, and we ended up with hundreds of pounds of food. It was awesome. And then I was volunteering at the local soup kitchen and a homeless woman came up to me and thanked me for collecting the food. Which confused me, because it didn't benefit her. But apparently she somehow heard from the person in charge there, which made me beam with pride.

I make myself sound like a saint. Here's the deal: I'm the most selfish, most uncharitable person ever. Really. I just decided to do these things as a random spur-of-the-moment thing, which I like to do every so often to keep life interesting. New experiences, shit like that. I really didn't want any credit, but it was sweet.

Seriously, that is fantastic. Even if you're selfish and uncharitable (which I doubt), you still DID it.
  • you all make me happy smile.gif Thanks
  • - Decorating for Christmas
    - Blowing off stupid essays you'll never ever have to write again to decorate for Christmas
    - Kix cereal
    - Toblerone and Terry's Chocolate Oranges
    - That little quote book that girl showed me today that I think worked wonders with me and my attitude towards my life dreams...
    - The fact that I'm happy about so many things
    - YOU GUYS! wub.gif

Oh...
    - And the fact that I feel like I'm seeing Theresa everyday in real life because of her look-alike...laugh.gif
  • - receiving a mail that the ok go poster i ordered is on it's way. yes yes yes!!!!
    - visiting my friend over the weekend who's pregnant and i will be seeing her and her belly (haha) for the first time after what seemed 6 months....
  • Meeting Andy and taking a picture with him!
  • <<< oh yay!!!

ok, so i could write the following as well in the what a dork thread but... i have to smile so much, i think it belongs here, plus: i've talked already about the Tim lookalike in here so it just fits, right?

When i went to university this afternoon it was already quite late, and when i walked in i looked around and making a little girl sad face (you know, when your lip trembles slightly and you look totally sad but in a funny way??), well, i did that because i hadn't seen him today... and then, right at the moment when i make this face he stands RIGHT INFRONT OF ME!!! omg, i stared and then looked down, i think i tried to hide my smile and what really is weird that he looked at me, doing this face and then staring at him... aaaargh.... haha... and when he walked on i looked after him (omg, it must've looked so weird...) and noticed that he had really Tim -like glasses and the hat and... everything.. just taller. haha

sorry wink.gif
  • McFly.

Oh dear lord, they are four of the most beautiful creatures ever (not including OK Go, of course). Who can sing. And chat to the crowd.

And I SWEAR all four of them looked in my direction at the same time from the stage, said something to one another, and then looked back towards me and grinned. Now obviously they may have been looking at someone else, and it's true that my sister's dancing (which was so erratic that she fell over the seats in front of us and rolled onto the floor below) may have caught their attention.
    But for argument's sake we'll just assume that they want me wink.gif

Eeeeeeeee biggrin.gif
  • Being the only person left in the physics building at night, except for the graduate students, and singing along to the fratellis while I work, and then nearly shouting, "Give us a kiss and maybe we can go out! It's hard to miss you when you follow us abou-ou-ou-out!" only to quickly shut up as a graduate student walked by. (grr, I hate graduate students. Even if I become one, I'll still hate grad students except for my friend Chris)
    Oh, yeah, and there's some creepy guy groping ppl on the subway and my parents were all worried about me but then I saw the news and that guy is groping ppl on a different line from me...That isn't happy b/c it's a relief; it's just happy because it was a funny thing to tell my parents.
    oh!!! And the guy! He wears sunglasses. He'd be the only person in 20 degree weather wearing sunglasses. Also funny.

And tomorrow at 1 oclock my reading period will officially begin, until my finals week after next, and then YAY! Winter break!!!!!!!!
  • I filled out my resignation papers at work today. 3 more weeks!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Dec 6 2007, 07:11 PM)
    But for argument's sake we'll just assume that they want me wink.gif

Eeeeeeeee biggrin.gif

No darling. They want you. wink.gif
  • I had such a terrible day, but then my friend who's in New York for the week called me and told me she bought me a Dwight bobblehead. YES. Happiness.

• QUOTE (Tabetha @ Dec 7 2007, 05:42 AM)
    Being the only person left in the physics building at night, except for the graduate students, and singing along to the fratellis while I work, and then nearly shouting, "Give us a kiss and maybe we can go out! It's hard to miss you when you follow us abou-ou-ou-out!" only to quickly shut up as a graduate student walked by.

this makes me happy. smile.gif
  • I don't give a shit what anyone says about it,
    I'm so fucking excited for the Sex and the City movie. I am going to watch it and I am going to love every second.
    Miranda will always be my favorite.