In this Discussion

okgosongs yahoo account

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 23 2006, 11:53 PM)
    Nope, I've got 'em. The only other EP one you haven't mentioned is "What To Do." I'm pretty sure "Unrequited" is an unreleased one. I'm not sure where it originated ... I got it from the old songs acct. biggrin.gif

Ignore me, for I am an idiot and clearly cannot read.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 24 2006, 12:27 AM)
    Do you own this one:

???

yup

only things that i know of that i dont own is the 6 song ep(bye bye baby?)

and i cant find that anywhere for love nor money

also if appendges is actully a album i dont own that for the same reasons

i own all the promo cds that i know off aswell

...god im such a geek
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 24 2006, 10:14 AM)
    yup
    only things that i know of that i dont own is the 6 song ep(bye bye baby?)

and i cant find that anywhere for love nor money

also if appendges is actully a album i dont own that for the same reasons
    i own all the promo cds that i know off aswell
    ...god im such a geek

ohmy.gif

And I thought I was special. wink.gif Nah, I just didn't know whether or not a lot of other people had that promo single, as the only time I saw it was on eBay....when I bought it....haha....

Do you mean the Six Song Demo? wink.gif again
  • yes 6 song demo

if you have it, i may have to steal it from you
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 24 2006, 11:19 AM)
    yes 6 song demo
    if you have it, i may have to steal it from you

I don't, I just have the songs on my computer.

Pam has it, I think, though I don't know how much she'd appreiciate you stealing it from her.
  • i have all the songs from various accounts on my computer also

i just want the cds darn it
  • PSST.

New pw.

cinnamonl

yep.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 24 2006, 01:41 PM)
    PSST.

New pw.

cinnamonl
    yep.

so, that's the new password, but what's the new sign-in id?
  • ^ okgosongs@gmail.com
  • How do we feel about sending videos for iPod to the account (little interview things, live stuff such as Rolling Stone Originals, AOL Sessions from '02, etc.)? I have a whole bunch of stuff made. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Oct 17 2006, 05:39 AM)
    How do we feel about sending videos for iPod to the account (little interview things, live stuff such as Rolling Stone Originals, AOL Sessions from '02, etc.)? I have a whole bunch of stuff made. smile.gif

YES PLEASE.

Vids I'm okay with, because 1) they're not really getting any money from them (except "AMW" and "HIGA" 'cause they're up for sale on iTunes, and we've all seen them a million times anyway), and 2) half of my vids aren't in iPod format. sad.gif
  • Excellent. I will try to do it this weekend. I know I've said things like that before and it hasn't worked out in as timely a manner as I'd hoped ... (sorry, anybody) but I am 99.999% sure I can do it all Saturday.

Also, I found some disgustingly (wonderfully) easy-to-use freeware that I can record audio with, and I'm going to record Love Line tonight. Just in case it doesn't actually make it to the archive on the site. So I should be able to send that to the account (I take it we do want audio interviews there too, then, if we want videos, right?) tomorrow, maybemaybemaybe even tomorrow morning before I go to work. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Ha, before I even listen to it.
  • Well, crap; I didn't figure on the station I was going to record from playing the Xzibit episode instead. *sigh* I searched the schedule times for other stations around the country just now and nothing was going to be starting (it starts at 1 am on the Chicago station; too late to change and get the whole thing elsewhere--I don't know why I didn't just think to record it off another station playing it an an earlier time in the first place, but anyway); I'm taping it now from the San Francisco station. Will have the last 45 minutes or so.

Sorry I spoke too soon unsure.gif
  • My email's freaking out at the size of the file (even though it can supposedly send files bigger than this), so I put it on megaupload.com instead of the account:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=92W5RQEU

About the videos, yeah, I was just talking about non-official stuff like interviews & performances & such anyway.

Speaking of what is and isn't posted, I don't understand the need to put stuff that's for sale on the account. "We Dug a Hole": the EP's in the website's store. And "This Will Be Our Year" is on iTunes ... I mean, come on, it's a buck. We're here to support the band, no?

Don't flame me; I'm not retardant, though it may seem otherwise ... lol. Sorry if I sound harsh. Am I wrong here? A big tool? Living in the Dark Ages?

J orge?
  • I only read a little of this, but as for buying stuff on iTunes and I guess the EPs, too, remember what the merch girl told Katy about how little of that actually goes to the band. There was this presentation at my school about underground music a few weeks ago and the girl said that for hugely popular songs or artists, $0.14 ends up with the band, and for indie musicians, it's usually less that $0.08, split between all of the band members. *shrug* Plus you can download them for free on a lot of other websites and programs.
  • Yeah ... it just feels funny to me. Perhaps my annoyance is irrational.
  • Re: Love Line, I'm going to record it again tonight; logic dictates that since last night's episode on the Chicago station was a day behind, tonight's will be Damian ...

Something else: has anybody had trouble playing the following files (downloaded from the songs account) on an iPod?
    -Women & Men
    -Tough to Have a Crush
    -Hold the Line
    -Kiss Me, Son of God

These and the Love Line file (also, my Podcast #5 file) make my iPod shut down. They do work in iTunes; I'm not sure what's up with it. I read online that sometimes you can fix corrupted files by burning them to a CD and then re-importing them to iTunes; then try them again on the iPod. I haven't tried it yet. But I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had the same issue and let you know that tip just in case.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Oct 18 2006, 07:01 PM)
    Yeah ... it just feels funny to me. Perhaps my annoyance is irrational.

Yeah, I totally get that, I just didn't want everyone to feel too guilty about it.
    Oh, and that sucks, I hope you can get it to work..all four of those work fine on mine. blink.gif
  • Yeah, and I wasn't trying to be an ass, either, hence my qualifying "Am I a tool?", etc., questions. I hope I didn't come off too rude.

QUOTE (mixtape @ Oct 18 2006, 06:20 PM)
    all four of those work fine on mine. blink.gif
    Are they files you had before the latest account was put up, or did you download the ones I uploaded there? Just curious. Anyway, if yours work, then that's good to hear; perhaps it's just a simple matter of the burning & ripping & re-importing. Groovy.
  • Hey, about Love Line, it's in the archive already! Cool biggrin.gif
    It's here: http://www.lovelineshow.com/. It doesn't actually say Damian's name, but it's the 10/17 one. And there's a link to download it.