In this Discussion

okgosongs yahoo account

Comments

• I got them from the last account that got hacked into...good luck, though. There's nothing like making your friends listen to Women & Men and trying to convince them that OK Go are hardcore rappers.
  • The archive sound quality's not as good ... I am going to record it after all. Me = dork
  • New link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R2FRIUS9
    I got it recorded. But don't toss your download from the Love Line Archives, because my recording is missing two 1 1/2 minute chunks from when the station's stream clunked out: once when Damian's talking about Tim being the lip syncher, and once when he's talking about Justin Timberlake telling them they're great.

But the sound quality is much better than the LL Archives file. I like. I hope other people will like.

Okay, done with my Love Line crap in this thread now. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Oct 18 2006, 09:17 PM)
    I only read a little of this, but as for buying stuff on iTunes and I guess the EPs, too, remember what the merch girl told Katy about how little of that actually goes to the band. There was this presentation at my school about underground music a few weeks ago and the girl said that for hugely popular songs or artists, $0.14 ends up with the band, and for indie musicians, it's usually less that $0.08, split between all of the band members. *shrug* Plus you can download them for free on a lot of other websites and programs.

Yeah, from what the merch girl told me (and I'm strongly suspecting the merch girl was actually Dan's fiancee), they don't get ANYTHING. Period. Nothing. Not even $0.14 or $0.08.

But as it stands, I thought we were going with nothing that's up for commercial release? Are "We Dug a Hole" and "This Will Be Our Year" up there?? (Remember, there's also more than one version of "We Dug a Hole out there...)
  • Putting videos on the account isn't going to work; the files are too big and my email doesn't want to send them, and I doubt the gmail account could hold more than a couple anyway.

It would be ideal to have an FTP account for this stuff, but I don't know if anybody's got a big ol' server we could store all the videos on ...

So I'm going to upload them all to megaupload.com sometime this week, or at least get it started. I will copy all the links into a list and post them in a new thread for everybody.

I probably won't get started till at least Tuesday night, so if anybody has a suggestion for a free uploading site you like better than megaupload, please let me know. I've just been using that because it's the only one I know.

Thanky,
    Sheri
  • Hi!! Newbie fan from Brazil here.

I'm desperate for non-album songs, and I'd be greatful if you all privileged people could help me. This gmail account is still avaible? And the password, has it changed?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

unsure.gif
  • Yep, as far as I know it still works. Enjoy and welcome to the boards! smile.gif
  • Thanks, mixtape!!

By the way, I love your signature! That's what fans are all about!

*sigh*

rolleyes.gif
  • Baahaha, thank you. I love your icon!
  • QUOTE (Marianna @ Oct 23 2006, 11:03 PM)
    Hi!! Newbie fan from Brazil here.

I'm desperate for non-album songs, and I'd be greatful if you all privileged people could help me. This gmail account is still avaible? And the password, has it changed?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.
    unsure.gif

Wow, Brazil! That's far. Now you can talk to the 2 Portuguese speakers on the boards, one who is actually from Portugal.
  • Oh, really?!?! People from Portugal where are you? o/

Are there any other brazilian fans in this forum????

cool.gif

By the way, this okgosongs account is heaven!

I just can't get enough of so many great songs! Thanks, guys!!
  • QUOTE (Marianna @ Oct 26 2006, 05:11 AM)
    Oh, really?!?! People from Portugal where are you? o/

Are there any other brazilian fans in this forum????
    cool.gif
    By the way, this okgosongs account is heaven!

I just can't get enough of so many great songs! Thanks, guys!!

Gah! Influx of people who speak Portuguese! blink.gif

Olá Marianna! Meu nome é Katy. Eu não sou portuguêsa, eu sou americana (moro perto de New York) mais eu estudo o português depois dois anos na universidade. Mia é uma outra Boardie, ela é portuguêsa. Não sei onde ela é agora…haha…Mia! Come introduce yourself ! biggrin.gif
  • Olá, Katy, Mestre Jedi!! smile.gif

Muito interessante em saber que você estuda a minha língua! Está tendo alguma dificuldade em aprendê-la?

Miaaaa, onde você está?!?!?!

Alright, guys. Going too far from the topic subject... but I'm still wondering if I'm the FIRST Brazilian fan in this forum!!! I'd be glad if I were!!! biggrin.gif
  • as far as I know, yes. you are the first brazilian, or at least the first brazilian to actually say something.

and welcome to the boards!
  • QUOTE (Marianna @ Oct 26 2006, 11:57 PM)
    Olá, Katy, Mestre Jedi!! smile.gif

Muito interessante em saber que você estuda a minha língua! Está tendo alguma dificuldade em aprendê-la?

Miaaaa, onde você está?!?!?!

Alright, guys. Going too far from the topic subject... but I'm still wondering if I'm the FIRST Brazilian fan in this forum!!! I'd be glad if I were!!! biggrin.gif

Desculpem pessoal! Eu andei desaparecida durante esta semana porque tive de ir à faculdade todos os dias!
    OI Marianna e muito bem vindaaaa laugh.gif Eu acho que és a primeira brasileira e eu tenho a honra de pensar que sou a primeira portuguesa! (não sei se sou ou não mas faz-me bem ao ego pensar que sim). É optimo saber que há mais "falantes" da maravilhosa e digníssima língua de Camões. Espero que te divirtas imenso neste fórum porque as pessoas aqui são super simpáticas (a Katy é o máximo vais ver tongue.gif ) e os ok go são a melhor banda do mundo e arredores.
    Já agora apresento-me, o meu nome é sara mas chama-me Mia por favor porque gosto mais e porque aqui no fórum já há imensas saras e é uma confusão. Sou de Setúbal uma cidade perto de Lisboa e também sou nova por estas bandas dos ok go. Se precisares de alguma coisa, estás à vontade laugh.gif

mais uma vez, bem-vinda e já agora, de que zona do Brasil és? (pode ser que eu conheça porque já aí estive)
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 26 2006, 08:57 AM)
    Gah! Influx of people who speak Portuguese! blink.gif

It's the portuguese magnetism, you know.
  • Der, as some dumbfuck American shouted out during one of the French scenes at the performance of "Henry V" I attended at the Globe Theater in London in 1997,

Talk American

wink.gif laugh.gif

I've never been so embarrassed for my country in my entire life. At least this person was nowhere near my group.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 27 2006, 08:11 AM)
    Espero que te divirtas imenso neste fórum porque as pessoas aqui são super simpáticas (a Katy é o máximo vais ver tongue.gif ) e os ok go são a melhor banda do mundo e arredores.

Translation: "I hope you'll enjoy yourself in this forum 'cause everybody here is so nice (Katy is great you'll see) and OK Go is the best band in the world".

Yes, I totally agree with you, Mia! The band is fabulous and the fans from this forum are the nicest!

Once I had a penpal (does it still exist with internet?) from Algarve (oh, did i wrote correctly?). He sent me some pictures from Portugal and it seems to be a beautiful place!!

I'm from Rio de Janeiro!! But right now I live in Petropolis, that's a city just an hour away from Rio. So I'm always here and there. biggrin.gif Petropolis is the city which the imperial family from Portugal came to live in. There are still some palaces and places from that time.

sorry my bad english, hope everybody will understand. Though all this has nothing to do with ok go. wink.gif
  • Wow, I was just kidding, but thanks, Marianna! biggrin.gif
  • hahaha... that's ok! Just avoiding misunderstandings... laugh.gif