In this Discussion

Gigs

Comments

• I saw The Hives live!
    They were pretty brilliant. But the singer said "Hello, Wembley!" (Wembley's our hugest London venue, incase you didn't know...) and we were actually in a relatively small venue... so everyone started laughing. I felt sorry for the poor guy but he was pretty cool about it.

Basically, The Hives are fantastic live (my first gig.. ahh, brings back memories...). You should go see them.
  • last week i sawww, We are scientists, the noisettes, and dr.dog at siren festival (i also saw the black lips unfortunately and editors v.2 aka the twilight sad, a little of voxtrot too)

also at roseland (baaad venue choice) i saw the fratellis with switches and illinois (whom i love very very much)

i would like to see bishop allen at bowery next month but i have to find someone to go with, sadly i doubt that will happen. and possible the cribs, also at bowery.
  • the hives was your first show eva? INTENSE!

yeah i guess the hives dont really match with anyone....so they go on tour with maroon 5 tongue.gif

did the hives replace thier kfc ties with neckerchiefs? if so.. that sucks! in that timbaland video they have a whole new look, maybe they are just trying to look gangsta for timbaland.
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Jul 27 2007, 01:34 AM)
    the hives was your first show eva? INTENSE!

Told ya I was cool cool.gif

LOL

Some guy punched my nose in the mosh pit there. It was slightly to the left of my face for ages...
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Jul 26 2007, 09:41 AM)
    ooo have fun ambreen!

i so want to see maroon five... the guy with the hair makes me swoon... i like to call him "the hair".

and mellie! its comming up, its comming up.... tongue.gif

aw thanks dear!!
    i think i know who you're talking about, though many of them have long hair!
    and i think adam levine really needs to grow his sideburns back and fix his hair, cuz this new hairdo is just not working!

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 26 2007, 10:52 AM)
    I always got Phantom Planet and the Phenomenauts confused, which doesn't make any sense because they're nothing alike... but I do love the Phenomenauts (who doesn't love a space-themed band?)

ooooh but the Hives.

That seems like a weird mix though, unless I'm missing something. Phantom Planet, Maroon 5.... and the Hives.

yeah it really is an odd combo, but it should be awesome! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 27 2007, 06:05 PM)
    Told ya I was cool cool.gif

LOL

Some guy punched my nose in the mosh pit there. It was slightly to the left of my face for ages...

how did you smell?

dreadfull!

har har har..
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 27 2007, 05:05 PM)

haha

i got punched in the face once too, during this mini-concert. omg, it was weird. the guy just touched my face pretty much...i shoulda punched him back............
  • gigs:

24/08/07 = shiny toy guns
    22/09/07 = kill hannah
    24/09/07 = milburn.
    28/10/07 = the wedding pressent

and the such:

18/10/07 = wwe smackdown
  • ugh I can't decide whether or not to go to Osheaga in Montreal. I could only afford to go one day (the ticket for the weekend pass is $150 and I'm not paying that. One day is still a very steep $75). However, I like more bands playing on Saturday (Feist, Blonde Redhead, Peter Bjorn and John, Explosions in the Sky) but on Sunday, M.I.A is playing and oh my god I love her.

Ugh, I don't even know if it's worth it. Help me boardies! You have to understand that I LOOOVE M.I.A. but is it really worth $75 if I'm only mildly interested in the other bands playing on Sunday? (namely, Au Revoir Simone and Amy Winehouse)
  • what are the odds on ever seeing her outside of this weekend job?
  • Yeah, wouldn't she eventually play in NY or Montreal by herself?
  • naw, it seems as if she's hitting up Osheaga and then heading to Australia.

I think I might just do it. One of my best friends will be going Sunday as well as a college friend and all the sweaty Montreal hipsters a girl could want!

Ugh, I am just such a money hog though. Baaaaaaah
  • i say go for it and follow the music dream!

its only money at the end of the day
  • BAAAAAAAAH!

Yeah, you're probably right. I just have a hard time parting with my hard-earned monies. It has the potential for being a total blast. Plus, I can't stop listening to M.I.A. I'm in music love.
  • just think, the day shes on stage...and you sitting at home lookin at your monies

or

being there watching her on stage, minus afew monies

i know which i would rather dooo
  • I have no face.
    it was rocked off.

Daft punk was the most amazing concert I have ever been too.

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

*sigh* robots *faints*
  • *catches you* cool.gif

omfg
    www.street-scene.com

I MUST GO TO THIS!!!

its so perfect, i move back to san diego on the 21st, and this is on the 22-23rd!!!
    AHHH
    120 bucks!!
    shit.
    but i wanna gooooooooooo
    !
  • ^^
    ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
    i wanna go!!!

sad.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Aug 9 2007, 01:59 PM)
    *catches you* cool.gif

omfg
    www.street-scene.com

I MUST GO TO THIS!!!

its so perfect, i move back to san diego on the 21st, and this is on the 22-23rd!!!
    AHHH
    120 bucks!!
    shit.
    but i wanna gooooooooooo
    !

That looks AMAZINGGG!
    I wish I didn't live in ohio... dry.gif

I hope you can make it.
  • Spoon in Chicago, October 12th, 22 bucks.
    I'm more than there.

biggrin.gif