In this Discussion

The Offical DWYW chart thread

Comments

• no worries

and i guess its more for people who dont own the albums?

as thats some good songs to get people into okgo right?

mabey they are live/accoustic vershons....i can dream
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 2 2006, 06:15 PM)
    no worries
    and i guess its more for people who dont own the albums?

as thats some good songs to get people into okgo right?
    mabey they are live/accoustic vershons....i can dream

I like owning the CD's because they are nice to have and you get to look at the pretty pictures and all but I usually just buy the songs online like of iTunes so I never really have the CD's so in the end it costs more because I know I will eventually want to own the actual disks and maybe have the band sign them. So it was a bad idea on my behalf to just download the songs and not buy a cd. sad.gif
  • I was talking about the Yahoo email we set up. It's still there I believe. It's on one of the threads.
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Apr 2 2006, 06:20 PM)
    I like owning the CD's because they are nice to have and you get to look at the pretty pictures and all but I usually just buy the songs online like of iTunes so I never really have the CD's so in the end it costs more because I know I will eventually want to own the actual disks and maybe have the band sign them. So it was a bad idea on my behalf to just download the songs and not buy a cd. sad.gif

Yes, it's definitely fun to have the actual cd so you can have the pretty pics. Also, the albums often come with lyrics to the songs. You can have your own kareoke partee with yourself. Itunes are fun, but computers are scary so I never really try them, my friends get them for me.
  • ALL THE OK GO SONGS EVER MADE ARE AT THE YAHOO ACCOUNT EXCEPT FOR RELEASED SONGS.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 2 2006, 06:23 PM)
    Yes, it's definitely fun to have the actual cd so you can have the pretty pics. Also, the albums often come with lyrics to the songs. You can have your own kareoke partee with yourself. Itunes are fun, but computers are scary so I never really try them, my friends get them for me.

I just ordered the Do What You Want and A Million Ways CD's off Amazon. Thanks HFoC. The only problem was trying to convert euro to american dollars but I have a converter on my computer so it was ok.
  • So why are you writing in capital letters now?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 2 2006, 06:27 PM)
    So why are you writing in capital letters now?

Prolly to make a point.
  • Yes, exactly.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 2 2006, 06:33 PM)
    Yes, exactly.

Lol. I do that all the time. laugh.gif
  • OMG! I am so confused by this conversation, augh!!!

Okay. A lot of this has been said, but I'm going to write it out in a nice orderly fashion.

1) Amazon.co.uk and Ebay and I believe HMV online are basically the only places that you will find the UK singles, short of going to the UK. That means that if you want them, you'll have to order them online. Amazon probably is a little safer than eBay, but I do tend to find better deals on eBay (ie both of the CD singles and the vinyl as a set for like, $20).

2) If you still want the "A Million Ways" singles (the two CDs and the vinyl), they're all still up for auctions/buy it nows on eBay AND on Amazon.

3) DWYW is being released as another 2 CD/vinyl single. The tracklistings are as follows:
    CD 1:
    1) DWYW
    2) "Oh, Lately" (acoustic)
    CD2:
    1) DWYW
    2) Get Over It (Live)
    3) Invincible (Live)
    Vinyl:
    1) DWYW
    2) Get Over It (Live)

Even though those aren't new songs, I'd really like to get the singles because they're all live and acoustic tracks. And I want to hear the live version of "Get Over It" on vinyl.

4) If "Down For The Count" isn't up on the Yahoo! account (karmapointer@yahoo.com, password is okgood), LET ME KNOW and I will send it.

Got it? Good. [/rantishness]

Also, listen to Pandy in the future- he knows what he's talking about.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 2 2006, 08:52 PM)
    Also, listen to Pandy in the future- he knows what he's talking about.

Who's Pandy?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 2 2006, 11:58 PM)
    Who's Pandy?

Head Full of Crazy.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 2 2006, 09:03 PM)
    Head Full of Crazy.

I listened to him. I got both the a million ways and do what you want cd of amazon uk for like 10 euro with shipping.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 3 2006, 01:14 AM)
    It's cheaper on Ebay. When you order off of Amazon, most of that money goes to Capitol and Amazon. On ebay, most of the money goes to the small business selling it. In either case, very little goes to OK Go, and we should be supporting small businesses.

when I sell my stuff on eBay, I'm getting my money.... I've not seen many music companies set up on ebay!!
  • i orderd my two copys earlyer from hmv, i hope it makes a small difference to the chart charge

and the only companys on ebay are the tiny ones right?
  • for the most part. My dad owns a small business so he basically drilled it in my brain.
  • my singles should arive tomos hopfully

cant wait to here the accustic song
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 2 2006, 08:52 PM)
    3) DWYW is being released as another 2 CD/vinyl single. The tracklistings are as follows:
    CD 1:
    1) DWYW
    2) "Oh, Lately" (acoustic)
    CD2:
    1) DWYW
    2) Get Over It (Live)
    3) Invincible (Live)
    Vinyl:
    1) DWYW
    2) Get Over It (Live)

Is that in the U.S.? Usually I hate buying singles, but I would definitely buy that.