In this Discussion

The Offical DWYW chart thread

Comments

• QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 10 2006, 01:06 PM)
    Somebody put it on YouTube!! YAAAYYY!

Has somebody has put it up on youtube, or are you asking if someone would please put it up? If they have posted it can you show us the linkie, mixtape?
  • No problem.

I should clarify that this is what I *think* is the song from Les Misérables, I've never actually seen the show. (Yeah, I suck, etc.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3wpne3cs3i0
  • Of course you don't suck! And thanks for the linkie.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 10 2006, 12:33 PM)
    Dude, yeah, what's the point of the JC (other than to give the teenyboppers a place to spell Damian's name wrong) if we don't do anything? Like, the challenges are fun and all, but most of them really aren't going to do much to promote the band, and isn't that the point of the street team? Can we like, take over the JC? I feel like if a bunch of us got in on the action, there would be a bunch more going on over there.

Thats what we should do. All us regular boardies should virtualy march over there and set things straight!!! Really get out there and promote. You know? Show all those teenyboppers (BTW I love that word Jedi) how real OK Go fans should act. smile.gif
  • We can't cure stupid.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 10 2006, 05:15 PM)
    We can't cure stupid.

Sadly. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 10 2006, 08:15 PM)
    We can't cure stupid.

HA. That made me smile a bunch.

Now, I mean, I don't really want to sound mean about the JCers or the JC in general. I don't. I love all OK Go fans, no matter how old or how long they've been a fan or anything. I was a teenybopper once, too, and I remember it well. And I'm not saying that we're inherently better because we're boardies- oh, wait. Yes, we are. biggrin.gif But I mean, okay. Everyone there is an OK Go fan, and that's cool. But there's only so much you can take from people who can't even spell the frontman's full name. That's basically my point.

And, like I said, it would be really awesome if the JC and UK street teams were doing a bunch of effective stuff to promote the band, but we're NOT. I understand that Cpt. Internet/Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore/Milosh/all other web persons or robots are probably very busy, but it's kind of become.....pointless?

Kind of like this post. blink.gif

ALSO! Sound not working on computer so I can hear that YouTube vid!!! AUGH!
  • By the way, who is Milosh?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 10 2006, 08:32 PM)
    By the way, who is Milosh?

I believe he is a former merch guy and apparently the current webmaster for the MySpace. I'm not sure beyond that, Karleigh knows him better. Also, he = way cool. You should go to their MySpace and tell him that Special K told you to say hi.
  • Viva La Milosh.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 10 2006, 05:41 PM)
    You should go to their MySpace and tell him that Special K told you to say hi.

Ooo, I want to so bad. I still don't have a myspace page. I'm debating whether to get one. Do you think I should? Well anyway I'll keep Milosh in mind.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 10 2006, 05:50 PM)
    Ooo, I want to so bad. I still don't have a myspace page. I'm debating whether to get one. Do you think I should? Well anyway I'll keep Milosh in mind.

I would be your friend! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 11 2006, 12:50 AM)

plus side: it's fucking awesome
    negative side: it's fucking addictive.... and a tad creepy.

The way I see it, Myspace is that dark alley with a really cool stor at the end where you're all, "aw, the alley doesn't look too scary!"

Then you get mugged.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 10 2006, 08:53 PM)
    The way I see it, Myspace is that dark alley with a really cool stor at the end where you're all, "aw, the alley doesn't look too scary!"

Then you get mugged.

That is possibly the scariest and most accurate MySpace metaphor I have ever heard.

Also, if any of y'alls ain't friends with me yet, go friend me or something.

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
  • Haha, yeah, I got my first few scary MySpace messages last night from some 22-year-old. Ick.

Anyway, you should all definitely add me.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 10 2006, 08:59 PM)
    Haha, yeah, I got my first few scary MySpace messages last night from some 22-year-old. Ick.

Anyway, you should all definitely add me.

Dude, you're my friend already. We're both in the Snark-a-Snoops top 8, remember?
  • Of course I remember yoooouu. I'm friends with Pandy, too!
  • You all had better be members of The Tim Nordwind Sideburns Appreciation Society on myspace. And friend me while you're at it. I'm the founder.
  • Done and done.
  • Has it been mentioned that we got Ok Go to #4 on the Fake DIY chart? Go us!