In this Discussion

The Anime Appreciation thread

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I noticed a few of you guys like anime, so it's time for a thread to gush about what we love/hate about animes. Which ones do you like, love, or hate and why? Let's educate the other boardies who want to know more about which ones to watch too. biggrin.gif

Comments

• haha, i'm ashamed to admit to it, but yes...i read anime. rolleyes.gif BUT, the only anime i read is ranma1/2...because it is absolutely hilarious. it's about this guy ranma who turns into a girl when he is splashed with hot water, and then back to a guy when he's splashed with cold.

i thank my friend, minnie, for that guilty pleasure haha smile.gif
  • Woo! I love anime biggrin.gif There's plenty of good anime out there, Full Metal Alchemist, Inu-Yasha(it's awsome, but some episodes have bored me), One Peace (funny, in a weird way haha =\...), Naruto (pretty good, there are the few crappy episodes too, but not too many), Chrono Cruisade, Hellsing, DNAngel, Bastard, Peace Maker (ohmy, made me cry haha), Fruits Basket (lovely lovely lovely), Azumanga Daioh!(super funny), Cowboy Bebop, Trigun (the main character is insane, which is good in any anime), Ranma 1/2, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Magic Knight Rayearth, Saint Seiya (my favourite ever), Orphen (pretty nice), Jing: King Of Bandits, Battle Royale, Serial Experiemts Lain, Tenchi Muyo, Escaflowne(also love very much).... and many many more that I will post later, unless someone else does first tongue.gif lol
  • I know zero anime.

Does Sailor Moon count as anime?
  • hahaha I guess so, I used to love Sailor Moon when I was younger, oh the memories that brings to mind of me and my friends biggrin.gif
  • My brother loves Sailor Moon, haha.

My brothers are way into anime and manga- well, they were much more "way into it" about a year or two ago, but they still love it.

So I know a wee bit about some of the shows.

Also, I love the opening theme for Neon Genesis Evangelion. And Cowboy Bebop. And whatever one has The Pillows in it...
  • haha the pillows!!!! My sister's friend loves that band.
  • My brother just asked me today if I wanted to go see them....

...in San Francisco.

My brother is weird.
  • lol yeah I heard they were doing a US tour... oh and I forgot to ask if you meant Furi Kuri was the anime they sang in.

But yeah heh smile.gif
  • Fantastic. Finally, I can be a total otaku nerd on here and everyone will find out!

Let's see, Sailor Moon will always have a special place in my heart, although I prefer the Sailor Stars(fifth series) above the rest. Hmm, I've got so many gigs of anime I don't know if I have room to list them all, haha. I never have time to watch it anymore, but I read manga nonstop.

Absolute Faves:
    Anime: Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto, Bottle Fairy, Chobits, Fruits Basket, Kanon, Peach Girl, Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop, Lain, Neia Under 7, Initial D, Tenchi Muyo!, Ebichu, Kare Kano, Gravitation

Manga: Snowdrop, One, Peach Girl, Beck, Chobits, Fruits Basket, Kare Kano, Princess Ai, Hana Kimi, Mars, Magic Knight Rayearth

Pretty much, anything shoujo, shounen ai, or music/band related. Although I dabble in hentai as well, hehehe.

Oh, I feel like such an otaku now. ^^;
  • hahaha dude you are cool in my book wink.gif

It's awsome to see that I'm not the only anime/manga freak here biggrin.gif... though I KNOW for certain, that our Pandy loves it too .

AAAAAAAAAAND... there is nothing wrong with Hentai laugh.gif................... well... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ Jun 4 2006, 01:11 AM)
    hahaha dude you are cool in my book wink.gif

It's awsome to see that I'm not the only anime/manga freak here biggrin.gif... though I KNOW for certain, that our Pandy loves it too .

AAAAAAAAAAND... there is nothing wrong with Hentai laugh.gif................... well... tongue.gif

haha, you're cool in mine as well. And OMG I forgot about Azumanga!! Your post just reminded me of it, hehe.

Hentai is just...well. yeah, it's hentai. tongue.gif You can't always love it, and you can't hate it. There are some funny ones out there, I will say. Then again, there's some insane ones like Bible Black...whoo, so weird.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 3 2006, 11:04 PM)
    Fantastic. Finally, I can be a total otaku nerd on here and everyone will find out!

Kikky is way way cool by far, never a nerd!! Oh, I love Fruits Basket!!! (Both the anime and the manga) I had to start this thread after finally seeing the ending to the Fruits Basket anime and crying. I don't cry at anything! So something must be powerful in those shows.

My girlfriend gives me all the cute pretty girlie animes, and my loser guy friend gets me all the manley kind of animes, so inbetween the two of them, I get exposed to a little of everything. It's so fun to read which anime/mangas you guys are into! Now I know which ones I should try next. biggrin.gif
  • it starts and ends with Neon Genesis Evangelion

if you havnt watch it you havnt lived

it changes your outlook on life

they are making a live movie

i predict it will suck
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 4 2006, 01:17 PM)
    it starts and ends with Neon Genesis Evangelion

if you havnt watch it you havnt lived

it changes your outlook on life

they are making a live movie

i predict it will suck

My ex-boyfriend Ratboy, doesn't like Neon Genesis Evangelion, but Pandy likes it. So now I know I must see it! What's it about? I think I remember someone telling me that it's a very deep show. Sounds interesting just based on that.
  • cant tell you what its about really, as its very fucked up as it changes all the time

its the most amazing thing ive ever watched
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 4 2006, 03:25 PM)
    My ex-boyfriend Ratboy, doesn't like Neon Genesis Evangelion, but Pandy likes it. So now I know I must see it! What's it about? I think I remember someone telling me that it's a very deep show. Sounds interesting just based on that.

It involves the ugliest penguin you will ever see, which solely makes me hate that series.
    Plus it's kinda hard to follow when you start off watching the 3 movies before the series. whoops.

It's a mecha anime, kind of remniscent of Ghost in the Shell and some of the earlier Gundam series.
  • I loved the movie spirited away.

And i guess i don't watch tons of anime, but I do watch a few.... Inuyasha, Full metal Alchemist, The Avatar... and someother ones i can't remember the names too. And I hearted sailormoon while I was a youngn'.
  • ...and how about anime/cartoon music? we have a couple radio shows that feature the such at WHFR.FM, which i recommend checking out:

The Otaku Playground w/Mr. Anderson: Tuesdays, from 3-5pm EST.
    The Jump Button w/Robb: Thursdays, from 6-9pm EST.

The Otaku Playground is right after my indie rock show...Pandy, have you ever listened to that show or The Jump Button?
  • I absolutely love Inuyasha... its sooo weird that i can recoginize Canadian actors as the voices in the english version of inuyasha (the dude from " Student Bodies" as Miroko! (sp?)).

Im just starting to get into Full Metal Alchemist.

I have a question about FMA... how come the dude with the metal arm is called the full metal alchemist, but the kid attached the the suit isnt?... sorry, i always ask my one friend whos into anime this question, and she never has an answer for me...
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Jun 5 2006, 02:17 AM)
    ...and how about anime/cartoon music? we have a couple radio shows that feature the such at WHFR.FM, which i recommend checking out:

The Otaku Playground w/Mr. Anderson: Tuesdays, from 3-5pm EST.
    The Jump Button w/Robb: Thursdays, from 6-9pm EST.

The Otaku Playground is right after my indie rock show...Pandy, have you ever listened to that show or The Jump Button?

ive not had a chance to listen yet me dear

ill email you some songs in a min