In this Discussion

The Anime Appreciation thread

Comments

• booyakasha! There'll be heaps of songs you've heard before (Everybody has heard the love theme's tune before)
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Jun 16 2006, 11:14 AM)
    booyakasha! There'll be heaps of songs you've heard before (Everybody has heard the love theme's tune before)

you just said booyakasha.... blink.gif
  • I'm on the 3rd part... I've heard all of these songs before, its wild, i can't believe i've never seen or known of these before.
  • um.. I say that all the time

So you forgive me for the dear, agentnumone?
  • I said almost sir giggle. wink.gif
  • Oh noes the youtubes only go up to Veridous Quo. I feel saddened.
  • So, some of my friends absolutely love anime, so I know a little about inuyasha, fma, (other adult swim animes), and naruto.

the only manga/anime I've really started liking a lot is Gravitation. I like both versions of it a lot, so....
    ...yeah.

I also really like card-captor sakura, its this anime show that was on Kids WB a while ago. my friend has VHS tapes of it, so I've seen a lot of them.

...and Digimon, but i dunno if that even counts. =P
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jun 21 2006, 07:35 PM)
    So, some of my friends absolutely love anime, so I know a little about inuyasha, fma, (other adult swim animes), and naruto.

the only manga/anime I've really started liking a lot is Gravitation. I like both versions of it a lot, so....
    ...yeah.

I also really like card-catcher sakura, its this anime show that was on Kids WB a while ago. my friend has VHS tapes of it, so I've seen a lot of them.

Muahhaha Gravitation. Awesome. Totally Awesome.

Digimon counts, yes. Until the WB dubbed it and ruined it on television, that is. Much like what they did to Card Captor Sakura. grr to the WB! Ruining decent animes.. tsk tsk.

I've been watching my Lain DVDs lately, and have been further creeped out by that series, once again. ohmy.gif <--what I look like after watching it.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jun 22 2006, 02:35 AM)

I loved Digimon!!! I didn't like the 3rd series (the one where they used cards), but the others were all good biggrin.gif
  • yeah, I'm pretty sure the original Digimon is better than the WB version, but I've never seen it.

and anyways, when I was in first grade I really didn't care that the japanese version was better, so I'll always like the WB digimon anyways.

and i actually can't remember if my friend's card-captor sakura tapes are in japanese or english...! I'm 75% sure they were in japanese with subtitles, but i could have been imagining things.
  • digimon was an expencive rip off of pokemon

which will always have my heart

POKEMON GOTTA CATCH EM ALLLLLLLLLLLL POKEMON ^-^
  • hahahahah! I ALMOST CAUGHT THEM ALL! actually not really.... i got bored before i did...
  • I caught them all. And then I did it again on 9 other games on various systems. But you didn't hear that from me, no you didn't. Cause them's blackmail information right thar.

This me being a super nerd.
    Oh, and Eevee(+ evolutions) is my favorite. Followed closely by Lapras.

woot.
  • Bumpin up this thread cause I just finished the Full Metal Alchemist series and movie. So was anyone else sort of dissapointed with the movie? I mean I was happy for the boys (I'm trying not to give away too much here) but I was just dissapointed with the alternate world and where the boys end up. It was just sort of nutty. What does anyone else think?
  • Whomever mentioned Slam Dunk and Howl's Moving Castle are my heroes!! Slam Dunk is so stupidly hilarious, never got me bored. And Howl's Moving Castle is just beautiful, everytime the DAMN doorbell rang the kid had to use his magic and ""turn"" old hahaha, so weird, and plus he's super tiny *hence he's a little kid* and he was very close to looking like a weird gnome.

Anywho, I thought this thread was dead, I missed so much from the time I was gone, I'm glad you bumped it me lady.
  • My friends and I had a massive conversation/debate/discussion about Dragonball today at school. I expressed my opinion that in order Vegeta, Tien and Trunks are the coolest and most favourite.
  • its all about vegita and trunks

i watched all 13 movies recently, as i bought um
  • did you know, in the whole dragonball saga there are like 546 episodes and 30 films?
  • there are 22 films to my knoledge

but yeah ive seen all of dbz

first few sagas of db

and only half of the last saga of GT(which sould never have been made)