In this Discussion

The Anime Appreciation thread

Comments

• i'll admit i'm not much of an anime person but I do watch it when my brother is watching it, Inuyasha is pretty funny, I've skipped too many episodes of Full Metal Alchemist but I know the basic plot and at times it's kinda scary. Trigun is pretty funny, I love it when the characters cry and they draw a full blast river of water coming from their eyes. Cowboy Bebop is alright.

And now I have questions. Can anyone tell me what was the anime series was called about the wolves who could turn into humans? I loved that one but the ending was kinda disappointing. Also I liked the little detective boy one. The one about the detective who is trapped in a little boy's body and solves mysteries. I can't for the life of me remember the show names...urg.
  • Yeah I'm gonna be the oddball and say I don't like it. haha.
    Much rather watch like, spongebob or something hahaha.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jun 6 2006, 04:50 AM)
    Yeah I'm gonna be the oddball and say I don't like it. haha.
    Much rather watch like, spongebob or something hahaha.

That makes us the two oddballs.
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Jun 6 2006, 02:27 AM)
    i'll admit i'm not much of an anime person but I do watch it when my brother is watching it, Inuyasha is pretty funny, I've skipped too many episodes of Full Metal Alchemist but I know the basic plot and at times it's kinda scary. Trigun is pretty funny, I love it when the characters cry and they draw a full blast river of water coming from their eyes. Cowboy Bebop is alright.

And now I have questions. Can anyone tell me what was the anime series was called about the wolves who could turn into humans? I loved that one but the ending was kinda disappointing. Also I liked the little detective boy one. The one about the detective who is trapped in a little boy's body and solves mysteries. I can't for the life of me remember the show names...urg.

Wolf's Rain and Dectective Conan(or Case Closed, as the Canadian/American dubbers renamed it)
  • I watch case closed! i have to all the way downstairs to watch it cause no one wants to watch it with me.. sad.gif

doesnt anyone find it weird that at least one person they know dies every week?
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Jun 6 2006, 03:59 PM)
    I watch case closed! i have to all the way downstairs to watch it cause no one wants to watch it with me.. sad.gif

doesnt anyone find it weird that at least one person they know dies every week?

You'd think they'd have run out of friends, with all of them dying and whatnot.
    It's really sad that usually I solve the case before the kid solves it, haha.
  • i do that to... but i am yet to do that with Scooby do sad.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 6 2006, 09:21 PM)
    That makes us the two oddballs.

wooot haha
    so glad its not just me lol
  • I'm a manga/anime lover too!!

I love quite a lot of manga: Black Cat, Shaman King, Harlem Beat, Claymore, Rave, Ayashi No Ceres, Zettai Kareshi, Imadoki!, Fushigi Yugi, DNAngel, Yami No Matsuei, Slam Dunk...and I'm sure I've forgotten some tongue.gif

My favorite anime are: Trigun, Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho, Tenku No Escaflowne, Slam Dunk, Master Mosquito, One Piece...
  • QUOTE (Mad @ Jun 11 2006, 07:58 AM)
    My favorite anime are: Trigun, Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho, Tenku No Escaflowne, Slam Dunk, Master Mosquito, One Piece...

I love Trigun. Ooo, you should try seeing Gungrave. It's made by the same guy who made Trigun. The first 7 eps are really slow cause that's when they're developing the characters for you who will be important later on. But around ep 9 or 10 the show gets better and better.

Lol Master Mosquito! I love the name of that one. What's it about?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 11 2006, 09:53 PM)
    I love Trigun. Ooo, you should try seeing Gungrave. It's made by the same guy who made Trigun. The first 7 eps are really slow cause that's when they're developing the characters for you who will be important later on. But around ep 9 or 10 the show gets better and better.

Lol Master Mosquito! I love the name of that one. What's it about?

Thanks, I'll try to watch Gungrave wink.gif

Master Mosquito is a real short anime about a vampire. I used to watch it years ago on MTV, it was quite nice smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Mad @ Jun 11 2006, 09:58 AM)
    I'm a manga/anime lover too!!

I love quite a lot of manga: Black Cat, Shaman King, Harlem Beat, Claymore, Rave, Ayashi No Ceres, Zettai Kareshi, Imadoki!, Fushigi Yugi, DNAngel, Yami No Matsuei, Slam Dunk...and I'm sure I've forgotten some tongue.gif

Oh wow, and you're in Italy too! Does that mean everything over there has been dubbed/translated in Italian, or is it available in English? I hear people in European countries have access to more manga that the US does, and I'm sooo jealous of you guys. biggrin.gif
    BTW, Welcome to the boards!
  • I haven't watched many anime shows recently, because it's not really on that often over here, but I could, because my friends are anime gods. I do love Hayao Miyazaki films though. Howl's Moving Castle is such a beautiful film!

Also, hands-down the COOLEST anime ever is Interstella 5555 (The Daft Punk film). No dialogue, only music, it's just so good, you must see it before you die!
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Jun 13 2006, 01:39 AM)
    I haven't watched many anime shows recently, because it's not really on that often over here, but I could, because my friends are anime gods. I do love Hayao Miyazaki films though. Howl's Moving Castle is such a beautiful film!

Also, hands-down the COOLEST anime ever is Interstella 5555 (The Daft Punk film). No dialogue, only music, it's just so good, you must see it before you die!

That looks like Galaxy Train 999's style of artwork, is it by the same artist?
  • Its not Anime but has anyone here seen Cashern (check spelling*). Its a sort of hyper real film, all the actors are real but the film has a filter over it to make it look animated, so the special effects look unreal! Its a superbly weird and wonderful film
  • It's spelled Casshern, I've only seen bits of it, it's based on an anime.

And Kikky I have no idea, so maybe you should see it! It's sooooo good
  • Oh, by the way I've got both films and the perfect collection box set of Neon Genesis Evangelion.. Plus a few of the mangas. I love that show
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 12 2006, 08:30 PM)
    Oh wow, and you're in Italy too! Does that mean everything over there has been dubbed/translated in Italian, or is it available in English? I hear people in European countries have access to more manga that the US does, and I'm sooo jealous of you guys. biggrin.gif
    BTW, Welcome to the boards!

Thank you!
    Yes, we have translated anime, but sometimes they're really badly done...usually the better ones are on MTV. And we have a lot of manga too and I found that they're cheaper than in other countries.

QUOTE (giggleguy @ Jun 13 2006, 08:39 AM)

I loved it! I'm not a big Daft Punk fan (even if I've got the album used for the soundtracj), but it was really really beautiful!

QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 13 2006, 10:37 AM)
    That looks like Galaxy Train 999's style of artwork, is it by the same artist?

Yes, it is, or better, once I heard that it was the same.
  • Heyyy!!! Another person who's seen Interstella! *Huggle*
  • Hey i'm youtubing the interstella thing. Its cute. This almost makes up for the dear thing.