In this Discussion

The Anime Appreciation thread

1235»

Comments

• Just finished reading the first 7 volumes of "Death Note." It was very very good. Great mystery. The good guy is a bad guy but is also good. It goes back and forth w/ you wanting the main guy to win and then wanting him to lose. It was great. There's an anime and live action movie to it, but I haven't seen either yet. My friend says the anime is great. Has anyone heard of "Death Note"?
  • mmm my friend is obsessed with Death Note
    I've read maybe the first page? haha

she went to the Boston Anime Convention dressed up as one of the characters, hahaha
  • i watched a couple of the anime episodes online a while ago... its very creepy. Hes trying to find out the name of this mastermind criminal so he can write his name down on a deathnote, right?

there is a live action movie version? whoa ill have to check that out
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Jul 9 2007, 07:32 PM)
    i watched a couple of the anime episodes online a while ago... its very creepy. Hes trying to find out the name of this mastermind criminal so he can write his name down on a deathnote, right?

there is a live action movie version? whoa ill have to check that out

Yeps, that's the gist of it. The live action movie is Japanese of course, but there must be a subtitled version of it.
  • or dubbed tongue.gif i love dubbed movies
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jul 9 2007, 10:30 PM)
    mmm my friend is obsessed with Death Note
    I've read maybe the first page? haha

she went to the Boston Anime Convention dressed up as one of the characters, hahaha

apparently, she went as Mellow.

and HAHA live action =P that's awesome
  • I read Death Note up until like chapter 52 or something. Whenever it was that the two-page death of my favourite character. I was SO PISSED.
  • the movie of deathnote

has the main guy from the battle royal film as the main lead of the bad guy

instantly making it awesome

i need to give it ago when my computer returns